• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
I quite sure prof will agree with u for iskandar zone a

Talking about Iskandar, the core strength of Iskandar is the availability of land (not the lack of it), majority in the hands of master developer like UEM Land that has already brought in some world class developments and will continue to do so.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Shops are mostly the same. It is easy to rent out the ground floor but extremely difficult to rent out the upper floors. That's why developers prefer to sell the whole block. Some shops are busy during the day time but very quiet during the night. Not easy to invest in commercial shops.

My own opinion for shop offices....Based on my observation in Selangor, shop lots within factories area tend to be empty or difficult to rent out.Most of the big factories will have their own canteen.The question will be what kind of business can open in those area? Will banks open in those area since bukit indah banks are only less than 10km away. Shop offices / commercial need residential surrounding in order to success , ie : Bukit Indah.Correct me if I am wrong and welcome more views....:biggrin:

ctkdanny

Looking for investors to for Semi-D cluster homes for SGD215K, who know Iskandar esp SiLC areas, which was a sold-out Iskandar prime project coupled with the nearby sold out Nusajaya Square with a hotel, podium mall and 106 shop offices. Ascendas tech park and Motor City Development are also in the vicinity. I am also launching Tiong Nam 3 storey shop office in the SiLC soon. Have foresight to think and image three years ahead and you find here a higher beta project with higher return potential.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Funniman,

I also read Ho Chin Soon's book last night. The one on mantra location, timing & branding.

Of all things, I like the time grid the best. If what he painted is accurate, I entered shortly
a year or two after the red band of 2008-2009 ( global financial crisis)... but still 5-6 years
to go before the green band 2018-2019. I foresee most investors normally enter in 2016-2017,
just before the green band to capture the shortest quickest gain.

But I am not such person, cos I am a bit more slow and prudent, prefer to be in a market when
I k still choose and pick till I happy. The other reason is if I enter now, the timing for exit is just
nice when I dun have to pay the RGPT. But to last through this 5-6 years I do need a good mix of
good stable yield income assets and high cap gain assets. They can neber have the same merits.

The election results will help double confirm my thoughts, and will determine my next gear to shift.
:p Happy New Year!!

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Dfiris,

I have 2 of his books as well. I like his mapping. The other day I was chatting with him after his talk and I asked him about a project. He pulled out his map and said...all the surrounding areas are Malay reserve land, where got upside potential? Then I asked about north of KL, again he pointed out, north of KL is full of hills and mountains, developments are very unlikely. Very profound observations.

I am the wysiwyg type. Of all my properties, only 2 of them (incl. Encorp) are bought before they were built. I find buying from subsales / ready built ones easier as I can grasp the local conditions better and expectations of yields is firmer. Maybe the capital appreciation is lesser by this route, but I am mostly in for a long haul. Maybe my method is more applicable for industrial properties. Condos have different investment approach altogether. That said, the % of appreciation is also different in this short/ long haul method.

Happy new year ...I am looking forward to be "a busy body" of your SPH unit.

Hi Funniman,

I also read Ho Chin Soon's book last night. The one on mantra location, timing & branding.

Of all things, I like the time grid the best. If what he painted is accurate, I entered shortly
a year or two after the red band of 2008-2009 ( global financial crisis)... but still 5-6 years
to go before the green band 2018-2019. I foresee most investors normally enter in 2016-2017,
just before the green band to capture the shortest quickest gain.

But I am not such person, cos I am a bit more slow and prudent, prefer to be in a market when
I k still choose and pick till I happy. The other reason is if I enter now, the timing for exit is just
nice when I dun have to pay the RGPT. But to last through this 5-6 years I do need a good mix of
good stable yield income assets and high cap gain assets. They can neber have the same merits.

The election results will help double confirm my thoughts, and will determine my next gear to shift.
:p Happy New Year!!

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal
So does that mean it is not wise to buy projects next to forest reserves?

eg. Nusantara is next to a huge mountain/ forest reserve

Hi Dfiris,

I have 2 of his books as well. I like his mapping. The other day I was chatting with him after his talk and I asked him about a project. He pulled out his map and said...all the surrounding areas are Malay reserve land, where got upside potential? Then I asked about north of KL, again he pointed out, north of KL is full of hills and mountains, developments are very unlikely. Very profound observations.

I am the wysiwyg type. Of all my properties, only 2 of them (incl. Encorp) are bought before they were built. I find buying from subsales / ready built ones easier as I can grasp the local conditions better and expectations of yields is firmer. Maybe the capital appreciation is lesser by this route, but I am mostly in for a long haul. Maybe my method is more applicable for industrial properties. Condos have different investment approach altogether. That said, the % of appreciation is also different in this short/ long haul method.

Happy new year ...I am looking forward to be "a busy body" of your SPH unit.

Last edited:

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
It simply means there would not be any developments next door. Does that fit your plan? Or should you do more research first?

So does that mean it is not wise to buy projects next to forest reserves?

eg. Nusantara is next to a huge mountain/ forest reserve

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal
My wife and kids are concerned about the insects/ animals coming out from the forest into the housing estate! Plus there is a worry about industrial workers given the surrounding SiLC....

If not, the price is really attractive.....

It simply means there would not be any developments next door. Does that fit your plan? Or should you do more research first?

Goofy

If anyone has booked a unit in Teega Tower A, then can you pls share if Sunrise has banked your 20K deposit or not? Also, have you signed the Sales & Purchase Agreement for Teega Tower A? If not, what is the expected timeline.

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
My wife and kids are concerned about the insects/ animals coming out from the forest into the housing estate! Plus there is a worry about industrial workers given the surrounding SiLC....

HH and NI also next to forest reserve.

The other thing about hills is that potential for landslide is high hence development is limited/constraint thats why KL cannot expand westwards (because of mountain range) and some parts of northwards. Check the latest news about Puncak Setiawangsa where bungalows collapsed due to the retaining wall collapse. These are the sort of things that can happen IF there are developments that intrude into hills/mountains with a high sloping incline.

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Nusantara forest reserve is extremely huge... in fact, it is termed as Ramsar (Wetlands of International Importance)!

HH and NI also next to forest reserve.

The other thing about hills is that potential for landslide is high hence development is limited/constraint thats why KL cannot expand westwards (because of mountain range) and some parts of northwards. Check the latest news about Puncak Setiawangsa where bungalows collapsed due to the retaining wall collapse. These are the sort of things that can happen IF there are developments that intrude into hills/mountains with a high sloping incline.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
It sound to me that you would be in for a culture shock if you stay in a landed property next to a forest, let alone a ungated one.
There would be snakes and monkeys especially during the wet season. I don't think you have other animals running out of the forest but mosquitos aplenty. But the greatest fear is the possibility of illegal trespassing to and from the forest.

Last edited:

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree. Even when I was a kid staying in landed safe Singapore, its still not as safe. You need to install all the grilles, close all windows and latch the doors at nite. No amount if security is enough, perimeter alarm, internal alarm... you get paranoid when alarm goes off for no reason and the dogs go barking as well.

It sound to me that you would be in for a culture shock if you stay in a landed property next to a forest, let alone a ungated one.
There would be snakes and monkeys especially during the wet season. I don't think you have other animals running out of the forest but mosquitos aplenty. But the greatest fear is the possibility of illegal trespassing to and from the forest.

Nobama

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree. Even when I was a kid staying in landed safe Singapore, its still not as safe. You need to install all the grilles, close all windows and latch the doors at nite. No amount if security is enough, perimeter alarm, internal alarm... you get paranoid when alarm goes off for no reason and the dogs go barking as well.

Is buying a penthouse at Teega a good investment? What would you think are the upsides nd possible use of it? 4m.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Illegal migrant workers are real in Johore.

Possibility of unwanted actions of Indonesians, Thais. Vietnam, Burmese, local Malaysians are to be taken seriously. Malaysia is not like Singapore where security is tight and taken for granted. Security here should be taken as "streetwise" instead.

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro / Sis. Where is the said landed property in Singapore? The area that I am staying now is not so bad.

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
IMHO, Rarity and capital appreciation play more than rental yield, and may take midterm view 5-10yrs.

Let the experts comment further.

Is buying a penthouse at Teega a good investment? What would you think are the upsides nd possible use of it? 4m.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rich people more worried about safety, robbery, kidnapping......
Poor people don't care...we sleep in our kampung with windows and doors wide open, if not no wind..very hot.

Nah..just joking, new year mah...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Bro / Sis. Where is the said landed property in Singapore? The area that I am staying now is not so bad.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree. Any other comments from others?

For that price range, you may also look into the next phase of Bungalow launch at East Ledang. Both have their own advantages, however, East Ledang will run out of land very soon. Moreover, the price differential between landed in Singapore and Nusajaya is just to high, adding to the attractiveness.