• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mudlaysia awarded "safest country in SEA, 19th safest in the world" in global study

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Malaysia awarded safest country in SEA, 19th safest in the world

Published on Mar 9, 2012

kl-kevin.jpg

Malaysia has been recognised as the safest country in Southeast Asia and 19th in the world, in the Global Peace Index (GPI) report for 2011, said Home Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Tun Hussein. -- ST PHOTO: KEVIN LIM

PUTRAJAYA (SIN CHEW DAILY/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) - Malaysia has been recognised as the safest country in Southeast Asia and 19th in the world, in the Global Peace Index (GPI) report for 2011, said Home Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Tun Hussein.

He said this was proof of the dedication, commitment and had work of all quarters specifically the Royal Malaysia Police (RMP) and related agencies.

'It includes the commitment shown by trained police volunteers from the People's Volunteer Corps (Rela) and Civil Defence Department,' he said in a statement on Friday.

He thanked RMP and all the agencies involved for ensuring Malaysians were able to live safely, in peace and harmony.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Mudlaysia awarded "safest country in SEA, 19th safest in the world" in global stu

This must be a joke correct? Mudland safer than thailand and sg?

JigSAW

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Mudlaysia awarded "safest country in SEA, 19th safest in the world" in global stu

Absolutely amazing. What about JB? Is it safe then?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

overall.....if only concentrate on KL JB then no need say la. Malaysia countryside and kampongs are very safe.
This type of reports is a slap in the face for police state sinkieland

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

doesn't make jb or kl; any safer.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yes.

There is violence and political upheaval in Thailand. They even sent soldiers to shoot at the Cambodian border due to arguments over the ownership of some Buddhist temples.

Sinkieland... let Mas Selamat escape.
And Sinkie poodles are best at what they do: fight crime in their sleep.

070722_ss_policeofficer.jpg

So, before criticizing 'Mudland', please check your own backyard first.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

doesn't make jb or kl; any safer.

A country is much bigger than a couple of cities.

This may be hard to understand for some Sinkies, who were raised to think that city = country.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You need to understand the point !
1. Public safety
2. Safe to talk politic/curse PM openly
3. Safe from miss use power from authority
4. Others

If want safest then Brunei. But when u curse or talk about Sultan then will be jail. So there are many point criteria.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

A country is much bigger than a couple of cities.

This may be hard to understand for some Sinkies, who were raised to think that city = country.

yes i understand i just added that in.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You need to understand the point !
1. Public safety
2. Safe to talk politic/curse PM openly
3. Safe from miss use power from authority
4. Others

If want safest then Brunei. But when u curse or talk about Sultan then will be jail. So there are many point criteria.

You sure mudland don't have authorities mis use power? When the police constantly ask for kopi money.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You sure mudland don't have authorities mis use power? When the police constantly ask for kopi money.

All country have miss use power. All category point need to add up in total.
But for safe to talk bad about gov openly and safe from gov miss use power Singapore will score very low par with North Korea can consider zero point. Even others get full score total still below Malaysia.
As Brunei same as Singapore 2 category will score zero.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

why u so beh song msia being safer than here? u think msia polis really headed by bumi? FYI, polis heads in every msia states are mats but they only to sign documents, it the 2IC that really in charge of normal polis work and most of the 2IC are chinese. Without these chinese 2IC, crimes in matland will be many times higher. by the way, matland polis pay damn pathetic, no take kopi money cannot survive every month. matland polis have the danger of being kill in a gunfight against hardcored criminals while spore mata shoot themselves in police post because playing with his sidearm. give them a bit of credit lah. u ever make police report in singapore? i had, it take them 1/2hr to arrive, by then the fighting ah bengs already gone. 1/2hr is too long considering the NPC only 15min walk away.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal

I live in Jb and often go out late at night with the lady and a 10 month old toddler. No problem. Alot of place open late at night. Pandan city up to 2am, Tesco extra 1am on weekends and 12am on weekdays. The Tesco is huge plus nobody during the days and late at night.

Safe doesn't mean no crime. just stay smart. I think Toronto more chialat. if you act yaya those drunk blokes will not hesitate to beat the shit out of you for no reason.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

what a piece of shit research work by UN. either they received bribe or the police never report crime figure properly.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sCx0crzxzCI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7fBKvEPP6Xs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/b-71wr_hWo4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/r2khZ9CxI-E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

They are many more, but you get the picture.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bros.

bear in mind that such surveys and rating are made for US and UK Caucasians.

Think about it, if a white Yank or Brit in M'sia makes a police report, they'll take the report seriously. If some cheena from Peesai or local chink makes a police report, how seriously will the Malaysian cops take it. I leave it to you to draw your own conclusion.

Cheers!

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

why u so beh song msia being safer than here? u think msia polis really headed by bumi? FYI, polis heads in every msia states are mats but they only to sign documents, it the 2IC that really in charge of normal polis work and most of the 2IC are chinese. Without these chinese 2IC, crimes in matland will be many times higher. by the way, matland polis pay damn pathetic, no take kopi money cannot survive every month. matland polis have the danger of being kill in a gunfight against hardcored criminals while spore mata shoot themselves in police post because playing with his sidearm. give them a bit of credit lah. u ever make police report in singapore? i had, it take them 1/2hr to arrive, by then the fighting ah bengs already gone. 1/2hr is too long considering the NPC only 15min walk away.

not beh song but the fact of the matter is there's always tons of crimes being reported. How there will be burnt cars with charred bodies abanonded in plantations, one forummer wrote about this before. Apprently some ppl get their cars stopped and then the guys will be beaten and robbed and the gals raped then later the cars driven to some plantation areas and then burnt to death together with the occupants. Shit like that won't occur in sg and the rapes and so on therefore i'm just questioning the legitimacy of the report that's all.

Btw you mentioned it's thanks to the chinese 2ics that make crime lesser in sg. I didn't know about that shows me how malays are even more beh kan.

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Listen all you dimwits who KPKB about a rigged poll, or about how unfair Mudland beat Sinkieland in 'safety'... it ain't just about crime, Jack.
There are many other factors that are taken into consideration.

Global Peace Index
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Peace_Index

Honestly, Singapore flunks #9, #14 to #19.

And this:

Peaceful countries often shared high levels of transparency of government and low corruption

is not that good any more, is it?

So, pull that knee-jerk Sinkie patriotism out of your arse, and try to look at it more objectively. If you object to certain categories of assessment for this poll, you are certainly free to give an opinion why you think this is so. But insisting that 'mudland is not safe, we are better hyuh-hyuh-hyuh!' is just asinine.

Comprehendo?

P.S: Singapore ranks 24th. Not that shabby.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This is a true tale of one "considerate" Malaysian robber. My mother got robbed in Johor a few years ago. I wasn't at scene. My brother was driving her to Johor. At a petrol station, my brother left the car to make payment. My mother said suddenly a Malay guy opened the car door, grabbed her handbag and made off in his motorbike. The handbag cost about S$100 and there were about S$100 and RM300 cash in it with purse and NRIC.

Fortunately, her passport was with my brother. You know, when crossing customs, the driver usually holds the passenger's passport for convenience. When she returned to Singapore, her NRIC arrived in the letterbox. In a plain envelope, no message.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This is a true tale of one "considerate" Malaysian robber. My mother got robbed in Johor a few years ago. I wasn't at scene. My brother was driving her to Johor. At a petrol station, my brother left the car to make payment. My mother said suddenly a Malay guy opened the car door, grabbed her handbag and made off in his motorbike. The handbag cost about S$100 and there were about S$100 and RM300 cash in it with purse and NRIC.

Fortunately, her passport was with my brother. You know, when crossing customs, the driver usually holds the passenger's passport for convenience. When she returned to Singapore, her NRIC arrived in the letterbox. In a plain envelope, no message.

Very considerate robber. Send back IC.
Just take money and sent the rest back.