• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fox size/weight broke record 狐狸精越来越强大!

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://news.xinhuanet.com/tech/2012-03/06/c_122795887.htm

新华科技 > 正文
英农夫发现史上体型最大狐狸 身长1.45米
2012年03月06日 09:33:08
来源: 中国日报网
space.gif
新华微博
space.gif
space.gif
space.gif
space.gif
space.gif

【字号: 】【打印】
【纠错】

122795887_41n.jpg
[FONT=楷体_GB2312]  左边是正常体积的狐狸,右边是一只重达26磅(约为11.79公斤)的狐狸。[/FONT]
[FONT=&#26999]
[FONT=楷体_GB2312]
122795887_71n.jpg
[/FONT][/FONT]​
[FONT=&#26999]
[FONT=楷体_GB2312]身高一米七的赫普沃斯先生只能刚好提起这只英国最大狐狸。[/FONT][/FONT]​
  据英国《每日邮报》3月5日报道,日前,苏格兰东北部行政区莫瑞的一名农户艾伦·赫普沃斯捕获了一只重量约为38磅(约为17.24公斤)、身长4英尺5英寸(约为1.45米)的狐狸。这是英国有史以来发现的体型最大的狐狸。
  69岁的赫普沃斯在接受采访时表示,他是在附近阿伯丁郡的一家农场中射杀的这只狐狸。“我跟我的儿子一起出去的。当时一群狐狸正在袭击我们的羊群,我们只有朝它们开枪才能阻止它们。当时已经很晚了,但我们还是注意到了这只狐狸,因为它的体型实在太大了。”
  “在开枪打死它之后,我们想过去把它捡回家。走近后着实被它庞大的体型吓了一跳。我只能拖着它走,因为它太沉了,几乎跟一头狍子差不多重。我身高只有1.7米,可这只狐狸居然有1.45米长。当我提起它的时候,它差不多跟我是一个‘型号’的。”
  专家们表示,这只狐狸是英国有记录以来体型最大的一只。不过,赫普沃斯先生显然并没有想到这只狐狸创下了英国之最。他说:“在测量了它的体重之 后,我想这可能是我捕捉到的最重的猎物。但当听到这是英国有史以来最大的狐狸时,我仍然非常吃惊。如果我当时多想想,我可能会把它拿给做标本的师傅,把这 只庞然大物做成标本以供纪念。但现在,我们已经把它给埋了。”
  《英国哺乳类动物手册》中称,狐狸的体重一般是15磅(约为6.8公斤)。动物专家认为,赫普沃斯先生打死的这只狐狸表明,它们的体积正在变得越来越大。
  英国狩猎和野生动物保护基金会的资深科学家乔纳森·雷诺兹说:“几年前,人们根本不敢想象会有这么大的狐狸。我们不知道它们越来越大的原因,但一种可能的解释就是,它们在城市地区吃得更好了。”

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/north/299763-farmer-shoots-biggest-fox-every-caught-in-uk/

[h=1]Farmer shoots 'biggest fox ever caught in UK'[/h] An Aberdeenshire farmer killed the 5ft fox which had been attacking neighbouring livestock.

05 March 2012 11:04 GMT

299763-farmer-shoots-biggest-fox-every-caught-in-uk-410x230.jpg
'Largest' Fox: Wild animal weighed in at 38lb. Pic: © Central News
A fox thought to be the largest caught in Britain has been shot after attacking lambs on an Aberdeenshire farm.
Alan Hepworth, from Rothiemay, Huntly, killed the massive fox which was one of a number which had attacked a neighbouring farmer's livestock.
The fox weighted nearly three stone and measured nearly 5ft long - more than double the average size of the species.
Mr Hepworth, who measures 5ft 7in tall himself, was only just able to pick up his prize.
He said: "I was out with my son. We have to shoot foxes to keep on top of them, and stop them from killing the lambs.
"We take no real pleasure from it. It's just what we have to do to stop them getting out of control.
"It was late at night, and this particular fox caught our eye because it was such an incredible size. We made a squeaking noise to get its attention, and then shot it.
"When we went over to pick it up, we were amazed by quite how big it was. I could only hold it for a while because it was so heavy and was nearly as big as a roe deer.
"When I showed people the picture of me holding up the fox, they didn't believe it, especially how long it was. But I can definitely say it's real. You never forget holding an animal that size."
Experts say it is the biggest fox ever recorded in the UK. The Handbook of British Mammals says foxes usually weigh up to 15lb, but this catch weighed in at 38lb.
Jonathan Reynolds, senior research scientist at the Game and Wildlife Conservation Trust, said: "A 381b fox would have been unthinkable a few years ago.
"We don't know why they are getting bigger, but one possible explanation is that they are getting better fed in urban areas."
Mike Yardley, Shooting Sports Trust spokesman, said: "The increase in the urban fox population means that some foxes now have the opportunity to eat much more than they have in the past.
"That could explain why we are seeing some of these larger examples."