• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Asking $1000 family income to buy 2 room flat is brilliant

theDoors

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you even know what is unspoken about the poor buying 2 room flats?

The poor has always been able to get 1 or 2 room rental flats from government at very cheap rentals...

Government figure out, instead of building flats and renting it out at loss (the rental are super cheap, can never recover the cost of the land, and building cost), why not get the poor to buy the 2 room flats...

At least they can recover a significant amount of the sunken cost compared to just renting it out...

The poor would now be motivated not be delinquent in their payments as they are now "owners"...

Brilliant isn't it milking money out of the poor?

theDoors

Alfrescian
Loyal
1 room flat rental is $30 per month
2 room flat rental is $60 per month

2 room flat installment is $180 from CPF...

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Brilliant isn't it milking money out of the poor?

bro,

talking about cheap rentals, isn't HDB dwellers paying up-front rentals in 30 years in return for a HDB lease of 99 years? :confused::confused::confused:

Last edited:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I read their argument and examples on how a $1000 a mth income earner can buy a HDB flat. I saw that they cited a 2 room flat. During my time, on $1000 a mth we could own more than a 3 room flat. So now they are disposing off unpopular 2 room flats (meant for rentals in the first place) to first time eager home buyers!

What a let down! Have we come to this stage that the govt has to Nigerian scam the young citizens?

bro,

talking about cheap rentals, isn't HDB dwellers paying up-front rentals in 30 years in return for a HDB lease of 99 years? :confused::confused::confused:

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
I read their argument and examples on how a $1000 a mth income earner can buy a HDB flat. I saw that they cited a 2 room flat. During my time, on $1000 a mth we could own more than a 3 room flat. So now they are disposing off unpopular 2 room flats (meant for rentals in the first place) to first time eager home buyers!

What a let down! Have we come to this stage that the govt has to Nigerian scam the young citizens?

The PAP has been Nigerian scamming us for quite awhile already. It's not something that just started doing recently. In fact, all schemes that the PAP announced to be helping the people are devised in such a way that the Govt is the eventual one to gain. As I've said many times, whatever the PAP think of, the least concern to them is the people, PAP's whole motivation is to enrich the reserves and the GLC's bottom-line.

theDoors

Alfrescian
Loyal
most of the old rental 1 and 2 room flats are sitting on prime land (eg Beo Crescent, Taman Ho Swee) in central areas... convincing the poor that home ownership is for their "own good", is an apolitical way of asking them to move out the prime land and for government to repo the land as to build premium condominiums

the new 2 room flats are located in Sengkang or Jurong West...

cobragold

Alfrescian
Loyal
Poverty has caught up with Singapore under LHL...

before during GCT time PAP said to stop building 3 room and below flat as singaporeans too rich and want 4 rooms or bigger flat. Now go back to build 1 room and 2 room and say singaporeans want them as not enough salary, what happened to swiss standard of living. All NATO only, never trust in your govt when they flip flop every other year.

Simbian

Alfrescian
Loyal
before during GCT time PAP said to stop building 3 room and below flat as singaporeans too rich and want 4 rooms or bigger flat. Now go back to build 1 room and 2 room and say singaporeans want them as not enough salary, what happened to swiss standard of living. All NATO only, never trust in your govt when they flip flop every other year.

Once you realize the metrics they use to ascertain "standard of living", you will realize why they can blindly claim that we are doing very well.

And asking low income families to fork out the bulk of their monthly income into purchasing a small flat which they will likely to default on in the case of serious illness or inability to find work is simply predatory. I am sure Tharman has realized his faux pas by now. Not too sure if the mainstream media and the other PAP MPs who dived in blindly protecting him have sufficient awareness to realize this as well.

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
In future, those who live in 4 or 5 room flat if unable to service the loan, will be asked to downgrade to these 2-room flats.
Brilliant devious plan.
If more and more 1 or 2-room flats are built, these tells a lot about the sinkies financial situation.

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
The PAP has been Nigerian scamming us for quite awhile already. It's not something that just started doing recently. In fact, all schemes that the PAP announced to be helping the people are devised in such a way that the Govt is the eventual one to gain. As I've said many times, whatever the PAP think of, the least concern to them is the people, PAP's whole motivation is to enrich the reserves and the GLC's bottom-line.

don't you think the gullible deserves to be screwed ?