• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Latest: MP Vikram Nair wants to sue TOC's E-Jay Ng!

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP MP is not ruling out taking legal action against The Online Citizen

Satish Cheney
inSing.com - 2 hrs 1 min ago

pc_600x450.jpg
<cite style="display: block; font-style: normal; font-size: 10px; margin-top: 4px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 4px; margin-left: 0px; ">(Pic/ Internet)</cite>
Sembawang GRC MP Vikram Nair says he hasn't ruled out taking legal action against socio-political website, The Online Citizen (TOC), regarding a potentially libellous article about him.

Referring to the article, written by Ng Ee-Jay and titled "Vikram Nair compares Chen Show Mao's proposals to a Nigerian scam," the MP said, "It is extremely deceptive of TOC to attribute lies to me."

He said the article suggested that he considered investing in the elderly, the disabled, the poor and other needy Singaporeans as being "akin to a Nigerian scam."

Writing on his Facebook page, he stressed that, "the insinuation that I do not care about these groups is totally false."

He told inSing News, "I don't have any legal plans now. I hope not to take legal action but if there's lingering damage I might have to consider it. It also depends on what they (The Online Citizen) do and how they respond to the matter. I just want to clear my name."

He added that his final decision will also depend if the website takes down the article and apologises.

But he stressed that he hopes no legal action will be required.

The MP also took issue with the quote that appeared beside his photo in the article, which read, "Investing in People = Nigerian Scam".

He said that his joke about the Nigerian scam was taken out of context when he was responding to the Workers' Party's Chen Show Mao's views on investments in social capital.

Chen had said that it was vital to invest in social capital and according to Nair, Chen had suggested that there is no need to make provisions for social capital investments in the Budget.

Responding to the Aljunied GRC MP in Parliament, Nair had said, "Maybe even the Nigerian scheme required you to put $10,000 upfront. But Mr Chen's scheme does not even require a short-term provision. It is not even a deficit for one year. No, no, no. It will pay for itself because it is an investment. So I would like him to explain how he expects these schemes to pay for themselves because, if they do, I will wholeheartedly support it."

The PAP MP reiterated he did not state that the notion of investing in vulnerable groups is akin to investing in a Nigerian scam.

He added, "I pointed out that the investment concept Mr Chen proposed did not appear to be properly thought through because he did not explain how it was going to be paid for. I fully support the helping of vulnerable groups. In fact, I specifically said I agreed that we should invest in social capital. And that is what is being done now. But we should be clear as to how we are going to pay for it and not pretend that the money will materialise from nowhere."

When approached by inSing news, TOC said that the article was by a contributor and the views are of the contributor.

"It was not a TOC editorial, and hence does not reflect TOC's editorial or organisational position. Therefore, TOC does not see the need to reply to Mr Nair's Facebook note."

The site added that they had not been contacted by Nair and that they do not have plans at the moment to take down the article in question.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This newbie bloody Cobra is beginning to bare his fangs.. He has been bit vocal recently and making alot of empty noise to score some political points with his Masters.. Fark this Cobra.. Too much drinking corpse water has made him to be bit delirous...

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
TOC has no obligation to project the truth or lies about a subject.

it is about if the people will accept it.

Who the hell does he think he is?

Sinkieland, you got balls? if no balls, you will see more PAP losers suing here and there.

That richard show that he got no balls and no brain, so PAP want to take advantage.

and now it happens again.

if you don't protect your balls and brains, the low life will take it from you.

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
when dissent is silence, that is not democracy..

that is called hold by your balls while you carry on your life. and then stuck a PAP dildo up your ass.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is not a Minister, you twit. And Minister and good are oxymorons.

He is merely a cog.

Vikram you fucktard! get out of the kitchen if you cant stand the heat!

Chen SM should sue you instead.

Though Vikram Nair is a PAP Minister, i feel he's good man

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He is not a Minister, you twit. And Minister and good are oxymorons.

He is merely a cog.

Vikram you fucktard! get out of the kitchen if you cant stand the heat!

Chen SM should sue you instead.
Your Master Screwball next, hur hur hur :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In Thailand the black magic masters extract corpse oil to use for black magic purposes...
This bugger might be possessed by black magic from the corpse water he drank.
What he needs is a not a good lawyer but a powerful exorcist.

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Though Vikram Nair is a PAP Minister, i feel he's good man

Since when Vikram Nair was promoted to minister? Stay out of politics and don't make a fool of yourself, you fatty. Stay with your food and football or foot in your mouth.

Last edited:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Since when Vikram Nair is promoted to minister? Stay out of politics and don't make a fool of yourself, you fatty. Stay with your food and football or foot in your mouth.
Hur hur hur, haiyoh, type wrongly also cannot, LOL