• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkie blames customer service for missing cheapo flight

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Man complains of lousy service from budget airline

Zenzen
inSing.com - 13 hrs 1 min ago

pc_600x450.jpg
<cite style="display: block; font-style: normal; font-size: 10px; margin-top: 4px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 4px; margin-left: 0px; ">The staff at the Jetstar counter were having pizzas and chicken wings. (Pic / Stomp)</cite>
A man wrote to the Stomp website to complain that unhelpful staff from Jetstar airline caused him to miss his flight.

Netizen 'K.C Chua' had arrived at Changi Airport Terminal 1 at about 7pm on 24 Feb to catch an 8.50pm flight to Guangzhou, China, on the budget airline.

However, at the time, he noticed a long line waiting to check in at the Jetstar counter for a flight to Phuket.

Mr Chua decided to go for dinner, before returning at 8.15pm to find the check in counter already closed.

He believed that he could not have managed to check in before 8pm because of the large crowd at the counter.

But when he asked the counter staff, he was told, "Sorry, the counter is closed and I am really unable to assist you further, PERIOD!"

Getting no help from the staff, Mr Chua called the Jetstar customer service line for help to allow him to board the flight, which he believed had not taken off from the airport.

Instead, he was directed back to the check in counter and told to ask for a refund for his ticket.

Left with no choice, Mr Chua returned to the Jetstar counter, but this time, the Passenger Service Manager not only refused to help, she even raised her voice at him.

Angry with the poor treatment, Mr Chua shouted back, reminding the staff member that as a customer service manager, she should not be raising her voice at customers.

In response, the manager "turned away, banged the table, and pointed her middle finger in the air", according to Mr Chua.

Meanwhile, none of the other staff members appeared interested to help Mr Chua as they were busy feasting on pizzas and chicken wings, right before a frustrated customer.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jetstar Service sucks but that guy is an idiot to go for dinner and returning at 815pm. WTF, 815pm then no need to queue meh. He deserved to be bumped off the flight but the CS Manager damn lousy.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Meanwhile, none of the other staff members appeared interested to help Mr Chua as they were busy feasting on pizzas and chicken wings, right before a frustrated customer.
Yar man, the service sucks

least they could do is to offer Mr Chua a chicken wing

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
8.50pm flight he wants to check in at 8.15pm? He think he travelling first class meh? Knn late say late la dun say came at 7pm and went for dinner. Fucking moron.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
8.50pm flight he wants to check in at 8.15pm? He think he travelling first class meh? Knn late say late la dun say came at 7pm and went for dinner. Fucking moron.

hi there

1. tsk tsk tsk!
2. ah chua, travel first-class loh.
3. don't need to wait mah.
4. just another daft sheep here!

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i think he tok cock.

if jetstar counter closed, just go Qantas counter check in can liao...fucking moron.

i had good experience with jetstar, i only doolan Tiger. the rest of the budget airlines r fine.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i think he tok cock.

if jetstar counter closed, just go Qantas counter check in can liao...fucking moron.

i had good experience with jetstar, i only doolan Tiger. the rest of the budget airlines r fine.

hi there

1. red, me too!
2. no issue with jetstar so far.
3. but what do we expect from travelling budget, right!
4. at least its service is betterer than tiger mah!

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have totally no problem with Jetstar and air asia.. the only problem i see is Tiger....
I have tried all 3 and no issues but maybe just lucky with Tiger as I heard they always cancel flights without prior warning......and the reason is not enough passengers......think the learn from MRT to pack maximum passengers in before flying off

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't take sinkie stomper stories just like that at one-sided face value. Many sinkies have extraordinary talents in obnoxious behaviors toward service personnels, then turn around and point their fingers who embellished allegations. I've flown probably several hundred thousand miles with more than ten airlines by now. None at the airport or inflight had caused me any problem. They're there to provide services to earn their salaries, not to quarrel with passengers.

I've encountered long queues before too. The passenger should stay in queue. Let's say the check-in is supposed close at 8 p.m., they won't close it if there're still passengers in the queue. But if there're no more passengers in the queue, they'll close it and blame who? The offer of refund in this case was already a very generous offer. If I was the manager in charge, I'd take it as no-show forfeiture and no refund unless an MC or police report is shown as to why no-show.

Two of the longest waits I've had in check-in queues turned out to be rewarding. Once was at Changi boarding a Cathay Pacific flight to HK. I didn't really know what happened and why there was such a long queue. Then a check-in staff came to tell me that both economy and business classes were full, and they'd offer me free upgrade to first class if I didn't mind? Of course I didn't mind, thank you! That was the first time I flew first class. It came with XO and lobster salad. :smile:

The other time was at Narita boarding a JAL flight to SF. It was also an extraordinarily long queue but I could see what happened. There was a big group of Japanese schoolgirls on excursion. Apparently, they were short of one seat to keep the group together. A teacher leading the group approached us behind in the queue to offer us free upgrade to business class (the school would settle the difference with the airline) in exchange for an economy ticket.

The rest in the queue declined the offer, since they were also traveling in couple or group and wanted to be seated together. I was traveling alone, seated anywhere made no difference to me and how could a free upgrade be an offer I could I turn down? Of course I accepted it with a gleeful smile. :biggrin:

For clonehunters, the stewardess serving my section of the business class cabin, I'm sure wasn't Irene Yeoh. Her name tag said Yoko Kobayashi. :wink:

ThePlen

Alfrescian
Loyal
i agree. tiger is very bad. each time a tiger plane lands, u can check out their counter. so many people are there to complain about the flight, report loss of luggage or that their luggage has been ransacked. the counter service is very bad too.

I have tried all 3 and no issues but maybe just lucky Tiger as I heard they always cancel flights without prior warning......and the reason is not enough passengers......think the learn from MRT to pack maximum passengers in before flying off

Capano2121

Alfrescian
Loyal
Budget airlines = cheap fares but same kind of transportation minus the luxurious looking baju kebaya, minus the greeting at the entrance, minus the smile at the check in counter, minus the food & drinks, minus the excess luggage allowance, minus plenty of things of which customer service is also part of the package of which all budget flight travellers should be used to by now! But Jetstar really top the list when they provide all the minus services & they throw in a bird, now this is something that really lets them climb ahead of competition!

TemasekIsSickening

Alfrescian
Loyal

I do agree that the fault lies with the person. He was late.
But to be honest, all these so-called cheapo-flights are NOT WORTH taking.
Their service stinks. Their counter staff and cabin crews are all zombies.
They are just there to make money.
From purchase of food and drinks on board to quickly collecting your ticket money at counters
I SINCERELY hope that their planes are regularly checked.
It would be better to take full-fledged flights rather then this so-called "CHEAP" flights. GIMMICKS