• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Shanmugam's lawyer send letter to Alex Au, attempt to trace Scroobal unsuccessful

SNAblog

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://yawningbread.wordpress.com/2012/02/14/comment-about-k-shanmugam-withdrawn/

Comment about K Shanmugam withdrawn

Late afternoon Tuesday, 14 Feb 2012, I received a letter from law firm Allen & Gledhill, acting for K Shanmugam. It said that the allegations regarding their client mentioned within a comment I posted following the post The media and Yaw Shin Leong, are false and scurrilous. I take Shanmugam’s word on this matter. I have withdrawn that comment as requested.

Allen & Gledhill have also requested that I publish their letter in full, which I am happy to do:

DEFAMATORY STATEMENTS PUBLISHED ON YAWNINGBREAD.WORDPRESS.COM

1. We act for Mr K Shanmugam.

2. We refer to the following comments that you have made on your website, yawningbread.wordpress.com, under the Responses section of the blog posting entitled “The Media and Yaw Shin Leong” published on 8 February 2012:

“I take the points raised in the above two comments. Indeed, I think the role of the mainstream press in this issue needs to be contrasted with the relative silence when it came to allegations swirling around K Shanmugam and Foo Mee Har at various points in the recent past. That there were rumours is widely known, though as in the Yaw Shin Leong case, no one can point to any proof. But that’s not my point here. My point is that the mainstream media’s interest in the Yaw affair does not look like neutral journalism. “

(Response No 24 dated 9 February 2012 at 23:34hrs) (the “Blog Comments’)

3. The allegations against our client that you have referred to in the Blog Comments have been put up primarily by a person who calls himself “scroobal’ on the internet. The allegations are false and scurrilous.

4. Our client has instructed us to try and trace “scroobal’ in order to sue him. But the internet being what it is. “scroobal’ has been untraceable so far.

5. Likewise, others who have repeated the allegations made by “scroobal’ have so far been untraceable.

6. Our client’s instructions are to commence proceedings against anyone who makes such allegations against our client.

7. We request that you take down the Blog Comments, and publish this letter in full on your website.

8. All our client’s rights are reserved.

ALLEN & GLEDHILL LLP

http://yawningbread.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/pic_201202_07.pdf

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Scroobal famous liao....
I wonder if the nick in question is named 'motherfucker' or 'chowcheebye', would they still include it on the letter

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Scroobal famous liao...

can start compiling a list,

bro GoldenDragon got his moniker flashed on CNA the other day?
bro Scroobal on yawningbread's letter from lawyer.

and previously we had bro bus64 on the BurgerKing case.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... 4. Our client has instructed us to try and trace “scroobal’ in order to sue him. But the internet being what it is. “scroobal’ has been untraceable so far.

5. Likewise, others who have repeated the allegations made by “scroobal’ have so far been untraceable. ...
dey shud haf juz simply contact dat samburger ...

otherwise, dey shud juz simply hold dat samburger 2 task ...

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
they can approach the ida and request for assistance in getting the ip address, isp and track down the account from there to subscriber and address. sam would not be of much help as he doesn't have members' real details. sg uses a proxy choke to aggregate long tail traffic to/fro u.s. based content. this will be over soon. we will all know who scroo is when he appears in court. it will be the most anticipated event in sg's cyber history.

The Penetrator

Alfrescian
Loyal
The lawyer letter say ' scroobal ' post in Yawningbeard blog comments , not sammyboy forum . Maybe Sam Leong also got a lawyer letter from A & G ?

exobay

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well well, the few most despicable characters in SBF gloating over the possible downfall of our infamous scroobal. Listen, you pathetic creatures, and you know who you are, scroobal is SBF's most invaluable moniker here and without him, this forum will be totally inundated with the likes of you worthless scums. The result of which, without scroobal, SBF is just another forum that will go the way of the dinosaurs.

This topic has set the internet forums buzzing with activities never before seen. SBF itself has gained notoriety because of scroobal. Hate him, love him, he is the personifcation of SBF and all it stands for. You fools think too highly of yourselves and believe SBF needs you. You are a dime a dozen low-lifers that can be found anywhere in the internet, but scroobal is worth a 1000 of you scumbags.

Only those with some intelligence can see that and will agree you morons are beneathe contempt. If you are unable to see the kind of traffic we have today, you are worst than what I have said.:oIo:

To the other members, the above does not refer to all except a few, and we all know who they are.:mad:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Seems like eatshitanddie is gloating over ah screw's possible downfall but anyway even if something happens to him it was all his own doing.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ah scroo is on some vpn i wonder how effective it is in hiding his real identity.

a subpoena or warrant from a court order would break all protection around strong vpn anonymity. authorities have the wherewithal to deep dive into details if they choose to or are ordered to do so. there's no hiding on this friggin planet if it's an international cooperative effort. north korea, afghanistan, cuba or iran may be better bets in getting offline and not having your last activity traced. since this is a civil case, it will not garner the best resources and assistance from cyber teams.

in sg, the traceability is tight. even if a forummer runs around from internet cafe to hotspots and use someone else's laptop to post libelous content, the ida in sg with the help of isp's has methodically pinned traceability down to a subscriber, user, organization, or enterprise. tetherers need permission from account owners or their associates to get access to the internet in sg. the owner of the account may be innocent, clueless or ignorant of a tetherer's posting on the internet, and he she may be forgiven or waived but will be asked to assist in investigations. sooner or later, someone will snitch and reveal identities. that's how hackers are caught even if they float around and rely on someone else's access to the web.

Last edited:

The Penetrator

Alfrescian
Loyal
I never gload scroobal in trouble , but really lawyer letter is no big deal . My company use to receive average one in three days because got shipment dispute . Its not like police coming to catch you .

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Seems like eatshitanddie is gloating over ah screw's possible downfall but anyway even if something happens to him it was all his own doing.

look, not gloating here. i like scroo to remain anonymous here, but in reality, anonymity is like a dream virgin bubble. one prick and it will burst. i hope scroo gets thru' this unscathed. he has followers, supporters and connections in high places.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
4. Our client has instructed us to try and trace “scroobal’ in order to sue him. But the internet being what it is. “scroobal’ has been untraceable so far.

5. Likewise, others who have repeated the allegations made by “scroobal’ have so far been untraceable.

6. Our client’s instructions are to commence proceedings against anyone who makes such allegations against our client.

7. We request that you take down the Blog Comments, and publish this letter in full on your website.

8. All our client’s rights are reserved.

ALLEN & GLEDHILL LLP[/COLOR][/INDENT]

http://yawningbread.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/pic_201202_07.pdf

Smart move. By remaining silent, doesn't look good for Shan. What's next? Take legal action. Coz he is innocent? Or coz the IDs of 'offenders' not traceable? Or, even if traceable, need not go further? Win-win. Damage control. No wonder he is Law minister.

The Penetrator

Alfrescian
Loyal
Smart move. By remaining silent, doesn't look good for Shan. What's next? Take legal action. Coz he is innocent? Or coz the IDs of 'offenders' not traceable? Or, even if traceable, need not go further? Win-win. Damage control. No wonder he is Law minister.
Thats what I want to say also . Lawyer letter to Yawningbeard.com is for show only .Of course must be careful the warning .