• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Math homework for Narong Wongwan

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
http://www.mrbrown.com/blog/2012/02/primary-three-math.html

[h=3]Primary Three Math[/h]
odiogo_listen_now_77x18.gif

With Joy in P1, the wife and I had to attend a math seminar at her school for parents to learn how to teach their kids new math at home.
This is one of the questions a Primary Three student may need to do.
If you need help, I will provide the answer later.
My own instinct was to answer, "This is a trick question. There are no flamingos at the Night Safari."
Of course, that would net me a big fat zero at the math exam.
When we got to the classroom for the seminar, my instincts took over and I wanted to sit behind, where I used to sit when I was in Primary and Secondary school. The back row is home to the inattentive and the class clown, where one could lob snide remarks to make the class laugh. The back row was my home ground.
But my wife was of a different upbringing. Ever the conscientious student (read: mugger), she wanted to sit near the front.
We opted to sit in the middle as a compromise. Needless to say, she took all the notes during the seminar/lesson.
The math we had to learn is known as heuristics math. My wife called it "hysterics" by mistake. She may not be that far off.
I really appreciated the teachers taking the time to enlighten and educate us parents. They burned a Saturday morning and the wife and I felt they were real champs for doing this.
The hard part is teaching your kid the concept of Working Backwards Heuristics. The problem is not solving the question. It's teaching your kid how to unpack the question & solve it WITHOUT algebra (since a P1-P3 kid is unlikely to understand algebra anyway).
While I like the idea of teaching these concepts at a young age, it seems that this method of learning math penalizes the child weak in English twice. Once during the Engish paper and the second time during the Math paper.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I'm able to solve this using the backward method. Ask me to use Algebra and I'll just throw the test paper into the waste bin. That's how atrocious my mathematics is :biggrin:

I really pity my future child. It's already so difficult to study now, what more in the near future. Has our education system changed for the better since I left school many years ago? Back then, it was academic excellence without the need for creativeness.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i thought i was gonna malu myself but ok i got the answers! Sup Sup water....
though not sure if my workings will pass muster bo....

I always say anyone here who gets his name in a thread header has 'made it' in SBF liao....

Thanks to bro TFBH for the confirmation :biggrin:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
unless i am very much mistaken...no nid algebra,

24 owls, 12 monkeys, 3 elephants, 6 flamingoes?

rurouni

Alfrescian
Loyal

I always say anyone here who gets his name in a thread header has 'made it' in SBF liao....
Please accept my belated congratulations. :smile:

jw5

Loyal
No wonder Thick Face Black Heart referred to Narong Wongwan as "Not the sharpest tool in the shed". :biggrin:

rurouni

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: You have received an infraction at Sam's Alfresco Coffee - The most Offensive and

Dear jw5, do you have any advice or help for me regarding this PM from TFBH:

Thick Face Black Heart said:
Dear rurouni,

You have received an infraction at Sam's Alfresco Coffee - The most Offensive and Politically Incorrect Forum ever!.

Reason: Spam/repeated posts/unauthorised ads.
-------
Repeated spamming and digging up of old threads needlessly for the pure purpose of spamming, with no constructive content being added.
-------

This infraction is worth 3 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
[post]2394534[/post]

Please accept my belated congratulations.

All the best,
Sam's Alfresco Coffee - The most Offensive and Politically Incorrect Forum ever!
I also PMed you.

jw5

Loyal
Re: You have received an infraction at Sam's Alfresco Coffee - The most Offensive and

I have already reversed it. If it happens again, ask the moderator for help. :wink:

Dear jw5, do you have any advice or help for me regarding this PM from TFBH:

Last edited:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

If alpha-and-omega gay albino faggot cunt wants to side with rurouni on this, he can always reverse the infraction.

No big deal.

Doesn't change the fact that rurouni is a bloody fucking spammer who has disrupted proper (non-feud) discussion threads with irrelevant photographic postings.

jw5

Loyal

Don't bully newbies lah!

If alpha-and-omega gay albino faggot cunt wants to side with rurouni on this, he can always reverse the infraction.

No big deal.

Doesn't change the fact that rurouni is a bloody fucking spammer who has disrupted proper (non-feud) discussion threads with irrelevant photographic postings.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Don't bully newbies lah!

I take on anyone who disrupts proper (non-feud) discussion threads with irrelevant photograph postings.

Ask your followers to have some basic courtesy

jw5

Loyal

He is not my follower. Whereas you are a cocksucking lackey of GoldenDragon (formerly known as scroobal). :biggrin:

I take on anyone who disrupts proper (non-feud) discussion threads with irrelevant photograph postings.

Ask your followers to have some basic courtesy

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

He is not my follower. :biggrin:

Don't be shy, your followers are in the thousands (clones not included), and this rurouni chap has been running interference for you 12 hours a day.

Don't shy, don't shy

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

He is not my follower. Whereas you are a cocksucking lackey of GoldenDragon (formerly known as scroobal). :biggrin:

follower your granny ccb and grandpa bo lan cheow. ho say bo? knnbccb.