• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nicole Chua To Be Singapore’s First Female MMA Fighter

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
630yahoo_3.jpg

Nicole Chua to be Singapore’s first female MMA fighter

Nicole Chua is set to become Singapore's first ever professional female Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) fighter when she makes her debut in the ONE Fighting Championship on 31 March at the Singapore Indoor Stadium.

The 27-year-old was unveiled on Tuesday at a press conference and will be competing against some of the region's top fighters.

While Chua's MMA debut will create history in the sport, it is her full-time occupation that will truly surprise many.

630yahoo_2.jpg

A full-time accountant by day, the diminutive and sweet looking girl switches from numbers to punches after work, following a strict training schedule with only one rest day per week.

"I train six days a week for around four to six hours a day. So the gym is like a second home to me," said Chua, whose foundation is in Muay Thai.

With most of her time spent in the gym doing a sport that continues to be a stereotype among females, Chua admitted having sacrificed time with her loved ones and friends to focus on her preparations for the competition.

"My friends and family understand my passion. Of course I have to sacrifice my social life but I am still able to make time for them. My friends will be supporting me at my MMA debut on 31 March, she said, before adding, "I think it's all about time management and discipline."

When asked how she unearthed her passion for martial arts, she revealed: "When I was 18, I was looking for an activity that is challenging and it was my uncle who introduced me to Muay Thai."

"I fell in love with it and started training regularly," she said.

"I will continue fighting for as long as I can. I believe my passion for Martial Arts will keep me going as I continue to learn and improve myself."

Looking ahead, Chua is relishing the prospect of representing Singapore and hopes to inspire more females to pick up the sport.

"To be honest, I'm more excited than nervous," she quipped.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
she will be crushed. a solid mma fighter, whether man or woman, needs a good neck. hers is so small that her head will wobble with each punch.

Last edited:

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tae Kwon Do

taekwondo.jpg

I was trained in Tae Kwon Do. So, the leg work is good enough; especially the Bruce Lee's powerful side kick. I began to discover lots of weaknesses in this leg work - close distance, floor, not good with using the hands with sturdy legs on the ground. A good TKD trainee I know of was also trained in Aikido and I learnt much from him.

I also supplement my martial arts skill with Karate with a help of a friend that I met before my O-level in school. Karate hand work is powerful though it also has more patterns. I learnt some Judo techniques with related books at the later stage.

Muay Thai from observation. BJJ ? A bit difficult without a knowledgeable person to guide you in practice. Chinese Crane fist and other Chinese hand and body movements also through observation. No time for so much stuff. Eat what you can and digest as much as you possibly can. Actually, knife handling should be learnt too. Chopsticks ?

Never restrict yourself to one. Everything has its own strength and weaknesses.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
she will be crushed. a solid mma fighter, whether man or woman, needs a good neck. hers is so small that her head will wobble with each punch.

my hero Mr Sitoh yih pin must be a top profession fighter if he trains seriously. Look at his massive neck!!

PAP+Hypocrite.jpg

god_zeus

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope she will punch your big 2 front teeth out

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/G5j_-DeJ_yk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
She is rather average. Why the hype?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7vMprk_SmwA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nicole Chua from Singapore fighting at Annual Sinbi Nai Harn Event

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
She is rather average. Why the hype?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7vMprk_SmwA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nicole Chua from Singapore fighting at Annual Sinbi Nai Harn Event

I thought she fought rather well and aggressively, however her weakness is in long range attacks and she tries to compensate it by closing in to assault. Her opponent already saw through her game and gets ready to defend from the left every time she tries to close it in so hard to land blows on the head

butoh6050

Alfrescian
Loyal
She will be crushed by any japanese women mma fighters. I don't see how good her ground game is gonna be.