• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Thai PM Accepts Court Ruling, To Step Sown

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dec 2, 2008
Bangkok turmoil
Thai PM accepts ruling
Court dissolves two main parties
Thai premier banned from politics for 5 years

PHOTO: ASSOCIATED PRESS
View more photos

BANGKOK - THAI Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat said on Tuesday he accepted a verdict by the country's constitutional court which barred him from politics for five years and dissolved his party.
'My duty is over. I am now an ordinary citizen,' Mr Somchai, 61, told reporters in the northern city of Chiang Mai from where he has been governing since an opposition blockade of Bangkok's airports began last week.

Thai govt faces key ruling
BANGKOK - THAILAND is bracing itself for more trouble today as its Constitutional Court begins handing down a ruling that could lead to Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat's government being dissolved.

Thai police yesterday asked the military to help step up security in the capital, fearing that pro-government supporters would react violently should the ruling People's Power Party (PPP) be declared illegal for electoral fraud in last year's polls.
... more
Key dates
BANGKOK - THOUSANDS of protesters have shut down Thailand's main airports in their latest push to topple an elected government they accuse of corruption and hostility to the monarchy.

Supporters of the so-called People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) launched their campaign in late May to oust the government, and have escalated their protests aimed at forcing the resignation of Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat.
... more
'But it is unexpected that the decision would come out this way. In the past I have done my best, not for myself but for our country,' added Mr Somchai, the brother-in-law of exiled former premier Thaksin Shinawatra.

Earlier, the ruling party said members will regroup under a new name and propose a new prime minister, minutes after a court dissolved the group and barred the current premier from politics.

The People Power Party (PPP) had earlier set up a shell organisation in anticipation of the verdict by the country's constitutional court, PPP spokesman Kudeb Saikrajang told AFP.

'I am sad to hear this devastating ruling which we had no chance to defend,' Mr Kudeb said. 'But our remaining 216 MPs will move to the Pheu Thai (For Thais) party and bid to open the house to elect a new prime minister.'

The Constitutional Court dissolved Thailand's top three ruling parties for electoral fraud on Tuesday and temporarily barred the prime minister from politics, bringing down a government that faced months of strident protests seeking its ouster.

The ruling set the stage for thousands of protesters to end their seige of the country's two main airports. Members of the People's Alliance for Democracy protest group at Bangkok's international airport cheered and hugged after they heard news of the verdict.

'My heart is happy. My friends are very happy,' said Mrs Pailin Jampapong, a 41-year-old Bangkok housekeeper choking back tears as she jumped up and down.

Government spokesman Nattawut Sai-kau said that Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat and his ruling, six-party coalition would step down.

'We will abide by the law. The coalition parties will meet together to plan for its next move soon,' he told The Associated Press.

He also said the government was postponing a regional summit in Thailand of Southeast Asian countries, from December to March.

Mr Somchai's People's Power Party, the Machima Thipatai party and the Chart Thai party were found guilty of committing fraud in the December 2007 elections that brought the coalition to power with thumping majority.

Court President Chat Chalavorn said the court was dissolving the parties 'to set a political standard and an example.' 'Dishonest political parties undermine Thailand's democratic system,' he said in the court's ruling.

The ruling sends Mr Somchai and dozens of party executives into political exile, barring them from the country's politics for five years.

But other members of the three parties that escaped the ban can join other parties and try to cobble together a new coalition and choose a new prime minister.

It was expected that Mr Somchai would remain the caretaker prime minister until then.

Thousands of members of the protest alliance have been the main Suvarnabhumi international airport and the domestic Don Muang airport for about a week, cutting off all commercial traffic to the capital and stranding more than 300,000 foreign travelers here.

At the Suvarnabhumi airport, the verdict was read out on a protest stage outside the main terminal.

'It is good because the (corrupt) politicians have been told to get out. It is good for Thailand. This is a blow for corruption,' said Mr Nong Sugrawut, a 55-year-old businessman who was among the thousands camped at Suvarnabhumi.

Politicians banned by the verdict refused to comment.

'The court just banned me and my party from political activity so I can't give you any comment,' Mr Kuthep Saikrajang, a spokesman of the People's Power Party, told The Associated Pres. -- AP, AFP

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
LIVE: Thai's ruling party dissolved
December 02, 2008 Tuesday, 01:46 PM
LIVE: Nirmal Ghosh blogs in the midst of developments in Bangkok.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Bangkok

A CONSTITUTIONAL court is set to decide today whether Thai Prime Minister Somchai Somchai Wongsawat and others in his party committed electoral fraud - a move that might see him banned from politics and his party dissolved. Nirmal Ghosh reports live from the courthouse.

10.20 am: After an overnight switch of venue from the constitutional court in the heart of Bangkok to the Administrative Court in the suburb of Nonthaburi, the red shirts raced to the new venue and began filling up the carpark in front of the steps to the building.

Police watch as the protestors move on to the new venue.
Photo source: AP

By 10am, the crowd had swelled to over 1000 & increasingly volatile. They parked two trucks in the car park & used them 2 make speeches, shouting "anupong auk pei" (get out) and mobbed one of the judges angrily when he arrived.

There is a massive police presence today, unlike at the PAD protests armed with batons. Several 100 soldiers with shields & batons line the side streets. A squad of soldiers with M16s has suddenly appeared and made their way through the crowd to the courthouse also around 10am.

Boarding trucks to get to the new courthouse.

The crowd screamed at them, caught hold of the last one, roughed him up and threw him out. A lot of pent-up rage is evident & on verge of spilling over. The red shirts screamed abuse at the soldiers on the street opposite the court.

It's 10:30am now in Bangkok and the crowd has swelled to around 3,000 out in the streets.

Outside the courthouse.

10:45am: The red shirts have set up a PAD-style roadblock right outside the military base across road from court. Many armed with iron rods & two-by-fours. About 50 motorcycle taxi drivers have shown up and have parked in front of court gate - standing in a line with iron rods.

Taxis also park right across gate of military base. A monk - one of about 20 who have come to support the red shirts - sits in the middle of road facing the gate, with three women in red shading him with parasols.

12 noon: The mood has now settled a bit. The crowd in the car park is peaceful. But the red shirts have blocked both lanes & created a massive traffic backup.

The judges have finished hearing the closing arguments in the case against Chart Thai and are now hearing the Matchima case. There is talk that PPP will not turn up. Word is also that the verdicts will be handed down today.

Whether they give a verdict on PPP in absentia is the question. Groups of Red shirts are now busy improvising weapons on the street by breaking up planks and steel fences.

12:30pm: Thailand's Constitutional Court just said the ruling party has been dissolved over the case of voting fraud.

12:46pm: Disbelief, disappointment as dissolution handed down on PPP (People Power Party). Some people are boo-ing. The verdict is photocopied and distributed. One woman snatches it from another and crumples it, throws it on the ground & stamps on it. There is a sense of deflation in the crowd; they seem rudderless.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
this type of country also got.thailand gone to the dogs liao.sad.

The Thai's will prevail. The Thai's are great. Things will go back to normal soon.
Thailand will be stronger than ever. Their love for motherland is what made them strong. Even the Japs were afraid to invade Thailand during ww2.

What happen to your other nick Division 1?

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
From where did you get that idea :confused:

Thailand became an Ally to the Japs. It was a win win situation. Japs know the they would encounter stiff resistance and Thailand did not want destruction.

What other SE asian cuntry got that deal?

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thailand became an Ally to the Japs. It was a win win situation. Japs know the they would encounter stiff resistance and Thailand did not want destruction.

What other SE asian cuntry got that deal?

If the Thais fought the japs, and they get raped. Do you think we will see better looking Thai babes like the Japs ones now?

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the Thais fought the japs, and they get raped. Do you think we will see better looking Thai babes like the Japs ones now?

Dude the Thai mix with Scandinavian blood are soooo much better looking than jap mix. Although I have never seen a Jap/Thai hybrid. If there were, I thnk they would look plain.

You have to remember the pinkishness of the Japs female species must not be diluted.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
so where is the silver mother fucker who like to boast and show off how intelligent he is??? Quiet now?

That is why i say, when a person is USED to be in thailand , don't try to act as though you ARE IN thailand now. I have been to the PAD protest myself and the energy is dynamic. and mind you, there are indication of bombs there and true enough at 3.05am the bomb goes off but lucky me i went off ard 9pm.

Even when protesters die from bomb blast, more are coming in to show make a stand of being righteous. That is call having balls. Balless sinkie will not understand.

Last edited:

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
pls lah thai loser,

u join the protest becos you r fucking jobless, and u need free food..:oIo: