• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

From the 60s.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wong Did Not Sing This, Right ?

some of the older guys may know this song.

[

I keep hearing this Susie Wong, was she a Sinkie ? I had heard about her on TV when an infotainment was introducing the Sing-n-por history. She's a Sinkie, right ? She's a prostitute in Malaya or Hong Kong ? And why that pic above does not look this one below :

nancy_kwan.jpg

The funny thing is ... she didn't even look like a Chinese.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
Re: Wong Did Not Sing This, Right ?

this song was banned in Singapore because it was viewed as encouraging drug use/abuse

groober2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Wong Did Not Sing This, Right ?

I keep hearing this Susie Wong, was she a Sinkie ? I had heard about her on TV when an infotainment was introducing the Sing-n-por history. She's a Sinkie, right ? She's a prostitute in Malaya or Hong Kong ? And why that pic above does not look this one below :

The funny thing is ... she didn't even look like a Chinese.

Far from being a Singaporean, a prostitute, Nancy Kwan was born in Hongkong. This is her Biography:

Actress Nancy Kwan was born in Hong Kong to a Chinese father and English mother. Raised in England, Kwan studied and performed with the Royal Ballet, then returned to Hong Kong to maintain her own dance school. She achieved film stardom when she replaced the ailing France Nuyen in The World of Susie Wong (1961); ironically, the makeup men were obliged to make her look "more Chinese." She followed this box-office success with Flower_Drum_Song (1961), where she sang (or perhaps lip-synched) the Rodgers and Hammerstein standard "I Enjoy Being a Girl." Roles tapered off in quality over the next few years, and by 1967 her career was dwindling. Nancy Kwan has since sustained her movie career in Hong Kong-produced cheapies, and has recently made a TV comeback of sorts promoting a line of cosmetics on a series of late-night infomercials. Hal Erickson, Rovi

nancy_kwan.jpg