• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Corruption in SCDF and CNB

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Highly paid civil servants, including MIWs, should be executed if found guity of corruptions.
Their familees should be banished to Siberia ...
siberia dun belong 2 sg 1, hor! ... cannot sukah-sukah throw there, 1 ...

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I suspect SCDF case is contracts dished out and NCB for allowing druglords and smugglers to operate.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suspect SCDF case is contracts dished out and NCB for allowing druglords and smugglers to operate.

The SCDF case is with regard to IT outsourcing. The key question now is if the 2 GLCS that do the bulk of SG Govt tender work are involved.

Overseas, there are a number of well documented cases of GLCS being caught for corruption. The ST Kinetics case for example ...

Last edited:

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The SCDF case is with regard to IT outsourcing. The key question now is if the 2 GLCS that do the bulk of SG Govt tender work are involved.

I doubt it very much as they won't dare in offering bribes in Singapore. Even overseas business they are very careful.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nothing much on the media on CPIB. Have always wonder how powderful are CPIB? Are they sort of 'up can chop bad prince , down can chop evil minister'? Also can they investigate their own boss?

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
I doubt it very much as they won't dare in offering bribes in Singapore. Even overseas business they are very careful.

The reports state that 6 senior offcers at SCDF are being investigated. This suggest the projects involved are fairly substantial. It seems highly likely a GLC is involved as I don't think that there are non GLC IT companies with such large contracts with SCDF.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The reports state that 6 senior offcers at SCDF are being investigated. This suggest the projects involved are fairly substantial. It seems highly likely a GLC is involved as I don't think that there are non GLC IT companies with such large contracts with SCDF.

For local businesses, no one would touch any GLC's if one want something in return. GLC's themselves are often scrutinized and why should they want to bribe? You know GLC's can twist arms with government authorities as they get priority, unless it is very special and they have no capability?

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Isn't SCDF like the depot for rejects and outcasts?
Even their NS enlistees are those from boy's town and ex minor offenders.
In the earlier years, their senior commanders were mainly from the former fire brigade and I personally felt that some were really good ground commanders. J Tan from SAF though a little too talkative had done much in improving their image. Then in early 90's, I met quite a number of young high flyers (moving from cpt to major within 1 year) and heard that they were scholars. However, most did not appear promising except for a Yap guy but was subsequently transferred to Ministry. So I guest they must have tried to inject scholar into the system to improve but is not working and this case is just embarrassing. In building work, FSB is very powerful as their waiver can help save very substantial cost and building contractors are well know to be best in finding ways to cut corners.

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nothing much on the media on CPIB. Have always wonder how powderful are CPIB? Are they sort of 'up can chop bad prince , down can chop evil minister'? Also can they investigate their own boss?

CPIB is now led by Eric Tan. ET served in SPF, ISD, ICA, CNB and now CPIB. He is assisted by a DD known as Wong Choon Mann who was DD CID before secondment. WCM was DD when Ng Boon Gay was DCID. NBG was seconded to CNB after an invest by CPIB a year ago.

Yes, very powerful coz it falls under PMO. You need PM's clearance before high profile MIWs are probed.

NBG's case will be coz of 'abalone'. He is NOT corrupted. No idea about SCDF chap. Ex-Commissioner now in AETOS.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eric is Francis Seow's "best friend" .
CPIB is now led by Eric Tan. ET served in SPF, ISD, ICA, CNB and now CPIB. He is assisted by a DD known as Wong Choon Mann who was DD CID before secondment. WCM was DD when Ng Boon Gay was DCID. NBG was seconded to CNB after an invest by CPIB a year ago.Yes, very powerful coz it falls under PMO. You need PM's clearance before high profile MIWs are probed.NBG's case will be coz of 'abalone'. He is NOT corrupted. No idea about SCDF chap. Ex-Commissioner now in AETOS.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its a powerful post. Must be cleared by PM, MM and President before PSC makes the appointment. The constitution allows for Dir CPIB to approach the President if does not get the green light to proceed with an investigation. The draw of the skirt however cannot be underestimated. A previous CPIB director and the current no. 3 were both caught having extramarital office affairs before their posting to CPIB.