• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP incapable of reinventing itself: Catherine Lim

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
So tell me what exactly has the PAP pre-empted or is it just empty boast?
....... So tell me, what exactly has the PAP fixed before the problem arises?

Alamak!, you were just born yesterday!

The Singapore story is legendary; Singapore's economic transformation within half a generation is almost a miracle known from the North Pole to the South Pole. And you are here asking me to dispense Singapore's successful economic strategies and development from the time Jurong was a swampland to the present when the modern buildings rise from the sea in Tuas!

Boy,boy you should have heeded your mother's advice and pay attention in school during lessons than playing BALLS!

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a load of crap! For their achievements, we have already paid them, re-elected them for near 5 decades, so we're even. You shld not drag out past glories done by different people and credit them to the present gen of leaders. Like I dont scold yr mother for what you do, altho I am tempted to.

Alamak!, you were just born yesterday!

The Singapore story is legendary; Singapore's economic transformation within half a generation is almost a miracle known from the North Pole to the South Pole. And you are here asking me to dispense Singapore's successful economic strategies and development from the time Jurong was a swampland to the present when the modern buildings rise from the sea in Tuas!

Boy,boy you should have heeded your mother's advice and pay attention in school during lessons than playing BALLS!

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
only because the european countries over tax the rich, and they ran to countries like luxembourg which have low taxes, the rich europeans wealth inflate the GDP of luxembourg, but the natives did not benefit too much from the inflated GDP figures.

Never believe in stats. They don't tell the whole peekture. Luxembourg, Sinkeepoo, Qatar all have small populations, so when comparing them with nations with big populations sure win! It's like when you compare the wages of two people with twenty people. The average wages of the twenty will of course pull the figures down.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a load of crap! For their achievements, we have already paid them, re-elected them for near 5 decades, so we're even. You shld not drag out past glories done by different people and credit them to the present gen of leaders. Like I dont scold yr mother for what you do, altho I am tempted to.

You will chuck your mother and father into old folks' home when you "already paid them". I understand your thinking, no need to explain.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What a joke! The baby wants to cry like a baby but be treated as an adult.

The "younger generation" must have stylo-milo Starbucks frappuccino, while their parents will drink kopi-o from the kopitiam. The "younger generation" must have their MacDonald burger, while their parents eat char siew pow. The "younger generation" must work in air-con office or building, while their parents toil in the hot sun.

The baby still cries and want to be treated as an adult?

You beri the CAN, comparing Starbuck kopi and Mac burgers to HDB flats that cost 100s of $1000 excluding Interest. $ inflation aside, are you telling me that the younger generation who earns MORE than what their parents used to earn have to eat cha siew pow and kopi-o from kopitiam to pay for their expensive HDB flats? Nothing wrong about eating char siew pow and drinking kopi in kopitiam. To me, something is not right in this equation.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
No, you dont understand what you are saying, so you need to explain it to yrself. I can wait until you are cleared up.

You will chuck your mother and father into old folks' home when you "already paid them". I understand your thinking, no need to explain.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No, you dont understand what you are saying, so you need to explain it to yrself. I can wait until you are cleared up.

Siao eh, act blur liao. :biggrin:
I want to see his/her reply on this too.
Ah Leong said that i m not carrying myself in good light with my expletives here :(
So i wait awhile first before i fire!:biggrin:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Never believe in stats. They don't tell the whole peekture. Luxembourg, Sinkeepoo, Qatar all have small populations, so when comparing them with nations with big populations sure win! It's like when you compare the wages of two people with twenty people. The average wages of the twenty will of course pull the figures down.

yes that too, but the most important thing is that low taxes for rich attract the rich, the rich will push up the GDP figure, especially on small population, like luxembourg.

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
they did an excellent job of feeding the rich.
gini index, https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2172rank.html

1 Namibia 70.7
2 Seychelles 65.8
3 South Africa 65.0
4 Lesotho 63.2
5 Botswana 63.0
6 Sierra Leone 62.9
7 Central African Republic 61.3
8 Haiti 59.2
9 Colombia 58.5
10 Bolivia 58.2
11 Honduras 57.7
12 Guatemala 55.1
13 Brazil 53.9
14 Thailand 53.6
15 Hong Kong 53.3
16 Paraguay 53.2
17 Chile 52.1
18 Mexico 51.7
19 Panama 51.0
20 Papua New Guinea 50.9
21 Zambia 50.8
22 Swaziland 50.4
23 Costa Rica 50.3
24 Gambia, The 50.2
25 Zimbabwe 50.1
26 Dominican Republic 48.4
27 Peru 48.0
28 Singapore 47.8
29 Madagascar 47.5
30 Nepal 47.2
31 Ecuador 46.9
32 El Salvador 46.9
33 Rwanda 46.8
34 Malaysia 46.2
35 Argentina 45.8
36 Philippines 45.8
37 Mozambique 45.6
38 Jamaica 45.5
39 Bulgaria 45.3
40 United States 45.0

There is no need to reinvent the wheel. The PAP is doing an excellent job. The data tells the whole story. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)_per_capita

International Monetary Fund
22px-Flag_of_Luxembourg.svg.png
Luxembourg
22px-Flag_of_Qatar.svg.png
Qatar
22px-Flag_of_Norway.svg.png
Norway
20px-Flag_of_Switzerland.svg.png
Switzerland
22px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png
Australia
22px-Flag_of_the_United_Arab_Emirates.svg.png
United Arab Emirates
22px-Flag_of_Denmark.svg.png
Denmark
22px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png
Sweden
22px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png
Netherlands
22px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png
Canada
22px-Flag_of_Singapore.svg.png
Singapore

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

Singapore has a higher per capita GDP than the USA and has surpassed Japan! You should all be extremely proud of your government.

Last edited: