• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dr Chee joining force with Tan Kin Lian !!!

southwest

Alfrescian
Loyal
At this time, CSJ and TKL have different agenda. It is good they are on friendly terms :wink:

Dr Chee replies to Mr Tan Kin Lian

Posted by wayangparty on December 1, 2008

Dear Mr Tan Kin Lian,

Thank you for your email and apology (below). Your gesture is appreciated and accepted.

I join with the many to commend you for standing up for the people who have fallen prey to the banks that sold the toxic financial products to unwary retail investors. We share the anguish and pain suffered by those who have lost their savings.

In this regard, I hope that you will take greater interest in helping to raise awareness about freedoms of speech and peaceful assembly which are the cornerstones of a just and democratic society. Without these fundamental freedoms, those who were short-changed in the mini-bonds saga could not have congregated and do what they did at the Speakers’ Corner, restricted as the venue is.

There will be more of such cases where ordinary people will need the power of their collective voice to tackle injustice, economic or otherwise. The best way that we can help Singaporeans is to empower them, to help them reclaim their rights. It is far better to teach people how to fish than to give them fish.

If there’s anything that I can do to help in the cause, please feel free to ask. I wish you the very best in your endeavours.

Chee Soon Juan

Message from Mr Tan Kin Lian:

The posting in my blog was written by somebody else in CNA forum. I reproduced the message in my blog but forgot to mention the author. It gave the wrong impression that the message was written by me.

I wish to apologise to Chee Soon Juan and his sister for the damage that is caused to them by the statement, “what many stupid and selfish politicians in Singapore have done and seek self destruction.” This statement came from the original posting (by someone else).

I do not personally share this sentiment and wish to acknowledge their personal sacrifice in fighting for what they believe in.

Source: Singapore Democrats