• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exchange Rates for RM

Lyc396

Alfrescian
Loyal
$15 service charge and lower exchange rate are making it less attractive as compared to CIMB, UOB etc.

Yeah maybe Maybank also reflecting, just now the online TT rate was 2.544, just a tad lower than Cimb except got $15 service charge.

Last edited:

Sweeve

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here's some info about cash withdrawal from UOB in malaysia..

If you are a UOB SG customer, you can withdraw cash from UOB Msia atm at no charge.

UOB malaysia have form a shared atm network with HSBC (Msia), OCBC (Msia) & Stan Crt (Msia), enabling customers to make withdrawals from these banks' atm machines.

If you are withdrawing cash from your UOB msia acct, you will be charged RM1 per transaction if u make withdrawals from the other 3 banks (HSBC (Msia), OCBC (Msia) & Stan Crt (Msia)) atm network.

If you are withdrawing cash from ur UOB SG acct via HSBC (Msia), OCBC (Msia) & Stan Crt (Msia) atms, you will be charged SGD$5/= per transaction.

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Raffles TT rate at 2.538 today.........I think the money changers are slowly giving better rates. They have no choice due to better TT rates from banks, which create arbitrage opportunities if they don't increase the rate.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fyi, there is only 1 location where you can find UOB atm machine in the entire state of johor, its about 5 mins walk from city square.

From the UOB Malaysia website, they have 6 branches in Johor state: JB City Square, Kulai, Kluang, Batu Pahat, Taman Ponderosa and Muar.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
From the UOB Malaysia website, they have 6 branches in Johor state: JB City Square, Kulai, Kluang, Batu Pahat, Taman Ponderosa and Muar.

there should be one at ponderosa there, near molek. IIRC i saw a UOB branch while driving there. the rest (other than city square)... uhhh. not convenient la.

sotong007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here's some info about cash withdrawal from UOB in malaysia..

If you are a UOB SG customer, you can withdraw cash from UOB Msia atm at no charge.

UOB malaysia have form a shared atm network with HSBC (Msia), OCBC (Msia) & Stan Crt (Msia), enabling customers to make withdrawals from these banks' atm machines.

If you are withdrawing cash from your UOB msia acct, you will be charged RM1 per transaction if u make withdrawals from the other 3 banks (HSBC (Msia), OCBC (Msia) & Stan Crt (Msia)) atm network.

If you are withdrawing cash from ur UOB SG acct via HSBC (Msia), OCBC (Msia) & Stan Crt (Msia) atms, you will be charged SGD$5/= per transaction.

CIMB offer the same thing. Just saw the flier at their SG ATM when I activate my card. Dunno abt the exchange rate, should be comparable to TT rate.

They also claims free ATM use within ASEAN.....

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those wanted to TT money from CIMB SG to MY free of charges.I recommend CIMB StarSaver-i account for SG side. It offers several advantages namely; Shariah-compliant Flexibility to choose either a combined checking and savings or a savingsaccount High indicative returns (but lower deposit balance for the savings account) No fall-below fee Conveniently manage your account anytime, anywhere via CIMB Clicks InternetBanking Hassle-free monthly statements Free ATM withdrawals at CIMB’s extensive regional ATM network in Malaysia,Indonesia, Thailand and all Cirrus ATMs globally Free funds transfers to CIMB Malaysia accounts at zero service charge For Malaysia Side, Money Multiplier Account is recommended. Features and Benefits: High Daily Interest - Daily interest will be paid on entire daily balances provided the balance exceeds RM10,000 on any given day. Interest will be accrued on the entire balance at the published rate, compounded monthly. 3 FREE withdrawals a month (subsequent withdrawals would be charged RM5). Withdrawal flexibility - withdrawal / debit can be made through cheques, ATM or over the internet. Customers will be issued ATM card and cheque book. No monthly maintenance fee.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those wanted to TT money from CIMB SG to MY free of charges.I recommend CIMB StarSaver-i account for SG side. It offers several advantages namely; Shariah-compliant Flexibility to choose either a combined checking and savings or a savingsaccount High indicative returns (but lower deposit balance for the savings account) No fall-below fee Conveniently manage your account anytime, anywhere via CIMB Clicks InternetBanking Hassle-free monthly statements Free ATM withdrawals at CIMB’s extensive regional ATM network in Malaysia,Indonesia, Thailand and all Cirrus ATMs globally Free funds transfers to CIMB Malaysia accounts at zero service charge For Malaysia Side, Money Multiplier Account is recommended. Features and Benefits: High Daily Interest - Daily interest will be paid on entire daily balances provided the balance exceeds RM10,000 on any given day. Interest will be accrued on the entire balance at the published rate, compounded monthly. 3 FREE withdrawals a month (subsequent withdrawals would be charged RM5). Withdrawal flexibility - withdrawal / debit can be made through cheques, ATM or over the internet. Customers will be issued ATM card and cheque book. No monthly maintenance fee.

i went down this morning to do exactly that. wanted to open money multiplier account. guess what... their nationwide network is down! couldn't open a current accuont! i was WTF.. i ask them what is the contingency plan then? they were "errr.. u come down again can? or you wait, maybe evening time the system up" i was like WTF again... finally ended up had to open a CIMB airasia saving account , which was my 2nd choice. reach back singapore .. got a call from them.. oh! we forgot to ask you sign a form for activation of sgp handphone for internet banking.. i was like WTF again...told her off, she made ammends by submitting form for me. plus points from my experience is that the bankers were all very nice and accomodating. but their processes all over the shop.. MAS (mana ada system??).

so for those who're going to JB to open CIMB account here are some summary:
1) call before hand to make sure their system is Up!
2) decide what you want before hand. CIMB airasia if you intend to do ATM withdrawal, no checkbook, 2.4% for balance >5k RM, and 3 or less OTC tranx per month they credit you 5RM per month, otherwise Money multiplier account which give 2.5% interest for balances above 10k RM, but penalise you if you make > 3 withdrawal per month.
3) bring passport, IC, driver licnese (they need 3). then bring you latest mobile phone bill. they need to take a copy of that. then you need to fill in a FORM to activate the Sgp number for your cimb internet banking.
4) if the banker skips any of these steps above, ask them to check carefully (for eg: forgot to give you a form to fill).

phew.

IRONMAN123

Alfrescian
Loyal
i went down this morning to do exactly that. wanted to open money multiplier account. guess what... their nationwide network is down! couldn't open a current accuont! i was WTF.. i ask them what is the contingency plan then? they were "errr.. u come down again can? or you wait, maybe evening time the system up" i was like WTF again... finally ended up had to open a CIMB airasia saving account , which was my 2nd choice. reach back singapore .. got a call from them.. oh! we forgot to ask you sign a form for activation of sgp handphone for internet banking.. i was like WTF again...told her off, she made ammends by submitting form for me. plus points from my experience is that the bankers were all very nice and accomodating. but their processes all over the shop.. MAS (mana ada system??).

2) decide what you want before hand. CIMB airasia if you intend to do ATM withdrawal, no checkbook, 2.4% for balance >5k RM, and 3 or less OTC tranx per month they credit you 5RM per month, otherwise Money multiplier account which give 2.5% interest for balances above 10k RM, but penalise you if you make > 3 withdrawal per month.
3) bring passport, IC, driver licnese (they need 3). then bring you latest mobile phone bill. they need to take a copy of that. then you need to fill in a FORM to activate the Sgp number for your cimb internet banking.
4) if the banker skips any of these steps above, ask them to check carefully (for eg: forgot to give you a form to fill).

phew.

Thanks for sharing. Btw, how long for them to activate ur sgp hp to use as token?

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for sharing. Btw, how long for them to activate ur sgp hp to use as token?

when i left the branch, banker said immediately can use. 2 hours later (after i reach back sgp) she said dunno, must submit form and get clearance from HQ. so the answer is: your guess is as good as mine. I'm reading others posts said about 4-5 days? anyway, my sgp token also not received yet..

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh ya , i noticed cimb msia systems down quite often , few mths ago i was in the branch to close my account and was told system down cant process !

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

phew.

>> as usual, i kept it simple, one saving acct and ATM card.

tell me mah.. the pretty malay banker taught me how to DIY e sgp no with the FORM. (boz i also didn't bring along):p

Last edited:

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some people dont drive leh; provide more option lah.

I go UOB only bring IC and Passport only. And also RM10,000. Period.

Why CIMB so troublesome one.

tell me mah.. the pretty malay banker taught me how to DIY e sgp no with the FORM. (boz i also didn't bring along):p

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some people dont drive leh; provide more option lah.

I go UOB only bring IC and Passport only. And also RM10,000. Period.

Why CIMB so troublesome one.

ai yo..I also took Bus 11 to go there. 大风大雨..风雨无阻. :biggrin:

To allow SG hp number for internet banking, they need the approval from bank nagara.

Don know whether appropriate to attach e form here or not..{wuqi, wuqi is it okay to attach e form here?}.

1. Call +603-22956100(CIMB), get the Service No and the receiver name before email the form (put the service no and receiver name in the FORM ) to them.

Last edited:

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal
i went down this morning to do exactly that. wanted to open money multiplier account. guess what... their nationwide network is down! couldn't open a current accuont! i was WTF.. i ask them what is the contingency plan then? they were "errr.. u come down again can? or you wait, maybe evening time the system up" i was like WTF again... finally ended up had to open a CIMB airasia saving account , which was my 2nd choice. reach back singapore .. got a call from them.. oh! we forgot to ask you sign a form for activation of sgp handphone for internet banking.. i was like WTF again...told her off, she made ammends by submitting form for me. plus points from my experience is that the bankers were all very nice and accomodating. but their processes all over the shop.. MAS (mana ada system??). so for those who're going to JB to open CIMB account here are some summary:1) call before hand to make sure their system is Up!2) decide what you want before hand. CIMB airasia if you intend to do ATM withdrawal, no checkbook, 2.4% for balance >5k RM, and 3 or less OTC tranx per month they credit you 5RM per month, otherwise Money multiplier account which give 2.5% interest for balances above 10k RM, but penalise you if you make > 3 withdrawal per month.3) bring passport, IC, driver licnese (they need 3). then bring you latest mobile phone bill. they need to take a copy of that. then you need to fill in a FORM to activate the Sgp number for your cimb internet banking.4) if the banker skips any of these steps above, ask them to check carefully (for eg: forgot to give you a form to fill).phew.
Can we use token instead of SG handphone for internet banking?

ComingToJB

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today rate quite good. Even cash rate also can get around 2.53
The Q has started to form again over at some money changer counter.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just to recap once and for all:

CIMB Malaysia's AirAsia Savers Account interest is 1.2% flat, no tiers. They mentioned 2.4% is because if you don't make any over-the-counter transaction in a month and your balance is above RM5,000 throughout that particular month, you'll be entitled to an additional RM5 credit, which is the equivalent of 1.2% of RM5,000, hence the tricky 2.4% as can be misunderstood.

For using Singapore handphone for TAC, you'll need to submit your Singapore postpaid phone bill to verify that the number belongs to you. They'll then need to submit to their HQ in KL for approval and should take about 1 week. Only then can your Singapore handphone be activated.

Last edited: