• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exchange Rates for RM

nextreal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will it see $3??????

That's still 4000 pips away!

QE withdrawal means less cheap USD to buy higher-yielding Asian investments. All Asian currencies are dropping against the greenback and will continue to do so, although at different rates. I seriously doubt we will see MYRSGD at 3.0.

What I might do is to buy more USD, and sell it when MYRUSD goes to record high. :smile:

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal
How do you buy usd? Through banks?

I am thinking of dual currency pair. Sgd and usd

That's still 4000 pips away!

QE withdrawal means less cheap USD to buy higher-yielding Asian investments. All Asian currencies are dropping against the greenback and will continue to do so, although at different rates. I seriously doubt we will see MYRSGD at 3.0.

What I might do is to buy more USD, and sell it when MYRUSD goes to record high. :smile:

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, Internet banking is immediate.

It's so convenient so no need to remit everything at one go.

In the past, I use to remit large amounts to save on remittance fees... Cimb does not charge fees...

U mean internet banking funds transfer is immediate. TT for large money orders (above RM 20k) must go to counter, those the bank says few working days. I check when I receive, i just done 1 transfer yesterday.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sorry, I was not referring to buying physical USD. I was referring to trading in the forex market. :P But I OT.

To long USD in Forex trading, you need to do a sell on another currency.

If you ask a quote for one LAHK in USD/JPY; if you buy it, you will be shorting JPY.

Only in saving form you can long all type of currency without shorting another.

Last edited:

teega

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last time, ringgit used to peg against the usd at 3.60. So still not too bad. As more bad news exhausted .. Ringgit will recover a little. However, like all Malaysians, I m quite concern with the recent slide.. Most probably is a concerted attack by speculators on these 3 diff countries. They have to narrow their attack against these 3 weak countries to create a global panic... there r other countries in Asia whose debt are as high as Malaysia... But why these 3... Cos They don't have unlimited ammunition...

Actually its RRR - Rupee, Rupiah & Ringgit are all being hammered!
According to a BT report last week : "the Indian rupee fell to an all-time low of 64.52 against the greenback. Meanwhile, the Indonesian rupiah languished at 10,775 and the ringgit at 3.29 against the US dollar."

Last edited:

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Rupee lost 30% against USD since Jan 2013.

Ringgit lost 10% against SGD since 27 May 2013.

Best play is to Long SGD and Long USD in physical form.

If you bought a property in Malaysia; and you are Singaporeans; you just save 10%.

RM1,000,000 = SGD420,000 (27 May 2013)
RM1,000,000 = SGD384,600 (today)

Last time, ringgit used to peg against the usd at 3.60. So still not too bad. As more bad news exhausted .. Ringgit will recover a little. However, like all Malaysians, I m quite concern with the recent slide.. Most probably is a concerted attack by speculators on these 3 diff countries. They have to narrow their attack against these 3 weak countries to create a global panic... there r other countries in Asia whose debt are as high as Malaysia... But why these 3... Cos They don't have unlimited ammunition...

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rupee lost 30% against USD since Jan 2013.

Ringgit lost 10% against SGD since 27 May 2013.

Best play is to Long SGD and Long USD in physical form.

If you bought a property in Malaysia; and you are Singaporeans; you just save 10%.

RM1,000,000 = SGD420,000 (27 May 2013)
RM1,000,000 = SGD384,600 (today)

wat abt if u want to sell now ? rugi to convert back to SGD lor !

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wat abt if u want to sell now ? rugi to convert back to SGD lor !

If you sell now; all profit will be in ringgit.
I will leave all money in Malaysia and spend in Malaysia.

Macbook Air 11" RM2999 (SGD1152)
Macbook Air in Singapore is S$1348.

That is why I say time to scope up stuffs in JB.

IRONMAN123

Alfrescian
Loyal

Can buy new iPhone or iPad 5....

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

some stuff just cant scope from JB , they refurbished it ....
so it might take a long time to spend if on food and petrol ....

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
take this opp to reduce yr hse loan.
any goes down must come up. :biggrin:

CIMB Exchange Rate : 2.5718

Last edited: