• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exchange Rates for RM

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone can kindly recommend a good way to TT a higher amount of RM into Malaysian bank account?

The last time I went to the money remit company, I was told for foreigners, in a week, max transfer is only RM10k! :(

Was told this is a rule by Malaysian banks. Is this true? Another money remit company told me they can do it even if the amount is more than RM10k. Don't know whether to trust them.

Singapore banks can TT but the exchange rate they give is not so good.

Thanks for any advice.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone can kindly recommend a good way to TT a higher amount of RM into Malaysian bank account?

The last time I went to the money remit company, I was told for foreigners, in a week, max transfer is only RM10k! :(

Was told this is a rule by Malaysian banks. Is this true? Another money remit company told me they can do it even if the amount is more than RM10k. Don't know whether to trust them.

Thanks for any advice.

I have CIMB accounts in Sg & JB and usually go through my RM in CIMB for S$ to Rgt exchange. To negotiate for good rates, he usually sets the minimum amount at S20K and the transfer will take 3 days to get across. This he said is because the transfer requires reporting to the M'sian authority.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks for any advice.

I have CIMB accounts in Sg & JB and usually go through my RM in CIMB for S$ to Rgt exchange. To negotiate for good rates, he usually sets the minimum amount at S20K and the transfer will take 3 days to get across. This he said is because the transfer requires reporting to the M'sian authority.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal

Transfers between own bank account on both sides is not a problem up to maximum of RM1.0m per annum. But I think transferring to third parties in and out of Malaysia is a bit problematic. You have to declare the reason of transferring and back up with documents. If you buy a house or goods, then no issue. But if you transfer for no reasons, then it is subject to many queries. Malaysia is concerned on money laundering as well as terrorism financing.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Transfers between own bank account on both sides is not a problem up to maximum of RM1.0m per annum. But I think transferring to third parties in and out of Malaysia is a bit problematic. You have to declare the reason of transferring and back up with documents. If you buy a house or goods, then no issue. But if you transfer for no reasons, then it is subject to many queries. Malaysia is concerned on money laundering as well as terrorism financing.

Transfer to Ahjeep AC No 1 , sure no problem , no question ask:biggrin:

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks....

I used to have CIMB Malaysian account but I closed it because they charged annual fee, closed my account after a few months of not using, then got to go down pay a small fee to reactivate it, etc. Quite troublesome.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks....

I used to have CIMB Malaysian account but I closed it because they charged annual fee, closed my account after a few months of not using, then got to go down pay a small fee to reactivate it, etc. Quite troublesome.

For preferred customer (cheaper to qualify in Msia, and you will also be accorded the preferred status in Sg), there is no charge. CIMB even give you a infinite card which will entitle you to free usage of airport lounges for free. Service, for preferred customers at least is much better than Maybank.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks....

For preferred customer (cheaper to qualify in Msia, and you will also be accorded the preferred status in Sg), there is no charge. CIMB even give you a infinite card which will entitle you to free usage of airport lounges for free. Service, for preferred customers at least is much better than Maybank.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks....

Hello, how much is the annual fee?
It's only I think RM24/pa that amounts to RM2 /month, this is good example of penny wise pound foolish.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello, how much is the annual fee?
It's only I think RM24/pa that amounts to RM2 /month, this is good example of penny wise pound foolish.

Your mouth very smelly and sharp to attack others so readily huh?

The CIMB account also comes with other miscellaneous charges.

I've got another Malaysian account that charges RM120/month. I don't go into Johor so often like you to stay in your property there. Every time the account gets locked up because I didn't use it for a few months, I have to take a day's leave from work and spend several hours going in and out of JB just to re-activate the account when I need to use it.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Prices of everything in Malaysia will rise, including building materials and cost of construction if RM remain weak.

Yes.
High inflation will cause hardship to everyone except for people who owns a whole collection of Hermes Birkin bags.
The Chinese Chambers of Commerce already forecast a gloomy outlook at least till end 2017, importers will be in for a hard time, those with children studying overseas will be hard hit.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes.High inflation will cause hardship to everyone except for people who owns a whole collection of Hermes Birkin bags.The Chinese Chambers of Commerce already forecast a gloomy outlook at least till end 2017, importers will be in for a hard time, those with children studying overseas will be hard hit.
On this subject, real property prices will rise. Whether there will be takers or not, is a different subject altogether. BTW, I do not comment on politics.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
On this subject, real property prices will rise. Whether there will be takers or not, is a different subject altogether.

So what if you get to see paper gain on your property when there's little enquiry on it?
You just sit there and watch it rise and fall and rise and fall.............but cannot cash out!