• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Was at a very big Thai restaurant last night on Seri Thai Road, really huge with various dining halls and ponds

Herb fried chicken

Jelly fish yam

Squid in lime soup

Black pepper prawn

Groupa tomyam

The spread

Sticky rice mango

Total only $60 not bad

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I was surprised to find a Food Republic the other day in Central Rama 9, explored a few dishes with a friend

Fruit Drinks Stall

Chicken Rice Stall

Have to say Singapore's better

Ordered a chai tao kway from this stall

Always full of veges pretty nice

This is dry suki

Dessert

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Creepy-crawlies galore

'Queen of Scorpions' Kanchana Ketkaew is partially covered in the insects at Ripley's Believe It or Not! in Pattaya on Saturday. She is holder of two Guinness World Records for living with 5,000 live scorpions in a glass case for 33 days and 33 nights and for holding a live scorpion in her mouth for three minutes and 28 seconds without being stung. — Pattarachai Preechapanich

AEB24B0AF3DC45CEA34CE54051D93EBF_zpszmn0ens0.jpg

DC2854C85EDA4616986DBC6A36931111_zpstr2vth7y.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Mr Frog, you always order lots of dishes. Are you and your friends able to finish all the dishes that you had ordered. That is a lot of food.

I like to take close ups so food looks big but most are not large portions. We usually order enough if sometimes too much will doggy bag

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Arrived in Pattaya yesterday afternoon, stay in the same resort again, this is like my monthly pilgrimage to the resort these days, brought the two dogs cos got to baby sit them. Now relaxing by the pool with a very nice whisky

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Arrived in Pattaya yesterday afternoon, stay in the same resort again, this is like my monthly pilgrimage to the resort these days, brought the two dogs cos got to baby sit them. Now relaxing by the pool with a very nice whisky

No mosquitoes meh ? Pullman Hotel ??

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Great Italian last night at Trattoria Toscana

A very nice blend

Wine tasting

Blue cheese

Rocket and parmesan

Spicy sausage, salami, black olive, musgrooms

Rib eye steak 500g to share

Perfectly done

I highly recommend this restaurant when you are in Pattaya

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Lunch at Preecha seafood restaurant by the beach, wanted to have mantis prawns so this is probably the best place in Thailand

Tomyam groupa

Seabass in fish sauce

Mantis prawn fry with garlic

Mantis prawn steamed

Steamed crab

BBQ prawns

Yam seafood

Garlic crayfish

Salted fish fried rice

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Was at a very big Thai restaurant last night on Seri Thai Road, really huge with various dining halls and ponds

Herb fried chicken

Jelly fish yam

Squid in lime soup

Black pepper prawn

Groupa tomyam

The spread

Sticky rice mango

Total only $60 not bad

Very reasonable $60 for all that food.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Note khao niao mamuang (mango sticky rice) has been featured in recent posts. My soft spot (of many :o). Once had a deviation with durian + dollop of ice cream :p

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
I notice that my Thai colleagues always put the term "na" at the end of their Thai sentence when they speak.

Is that the same as "lah or lor" in sg sentence?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I notice that my Thai colleagues always put the term "na" at the end of their Thai sentence when they speak.

Is that the same as "lah or lor" in sg sentence?

Yes something like that however this "na" actually softens the conversation making it sounds more gentle.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Yesterday back to Bangkok from Pattaya went to check in T's Cafe, a very small Italian restaurant with only 7 tables meaning for 14 guests only

Started with a nice bottle of Brunello

and parma ham with blue cheese

Rocket with parmesan cheese

Beautiful sweet French mussels

Then its time for a Barolo

Tender pork chop

Ravioli with truffles

If any like Italian home cook type of meal T's Cafe is it, inexpensive and cooked my Peppe a Napoli the real deal