• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
So after the afternoon break went to Cafe des Amis. Was told by the french manager of the resort that this is the best French restaurant in Pattaya also very good review in TripAdvisor. Called and able to get a table for 9.15pm.

The outdoor dining

Wait to be served

Have a glass of Champagne

The bar

Think can find everything here

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Dinning

Started with a fantastic Maipu Malbec

Starter

Her favourite blue cheese

NZ Mussels in white wine

Lobster bisque - best I've had

French onion soup

Preparing the Primitivo Di Manduria for the mains

Perfect lamb for her

Perfect tenderloin for me

Finished with some sweet prune liqueur

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Bro, can post the menu of Cafe de Amis with the prices ?

Unfortunately I did not take photos of the menu cos very often I will ask staff if they have anything special not in the menu or I will ask them wat is their specials.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
After a great day of rest & relax, good food and wine and great company, it was time to go home on Sunday.

Arrived in Bangkok for lunch

Raw vege

Tam Tua - like dry somtam with long beans

Meat balls - laab moo thod

Tomyam pla (fish)

Gai yang with khao neow

Tam Thai

Stir fry flowers

Krapow kob - frog stir fry with Thai basils

Seabass

One thing I really love about Thai food is its variety of colours

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
After a great day of rest & relax, good food and wine and great company, it was time to go home on Sunday.

Arrived in Bangkok for lunch

Krapow kob - frog stir fry with Thai basils

The dish above is similar to this dish and it is my fav. The spiciness, soya sauce and the basil herbs definitely bring it to the next level:

3ph86.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
The dish above is similar to this dish and it is my fav. The spiciness, soya sauce and the basil herbs definitely bring it to the next level:

3ph86.jpg

Key sauce is actually Thai fish sauce, not soya sauce. The mixture of Thai basils with fish sauce is so matching.

Can't see your photo

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
Key sauce is actually Thai fish sauce, not soya sauce. The mixture of Thai basils with fish sauce is so matching.

Can't see your photo

I am not sure why you can't see the pic but I will post another one.

Oh is it, I wonder if it was the fish sauce which gave it the good taste.
I had this dish once on my last trip to Bangkok and it has become my fav dish at the moment.

I am fairly new to the Thai scene and happy to make frequent trips to Bangkok soon.

whattoeat-thailand-padkrapow-960x640.jpg

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With the two wines was about 10,000, took 6 bottles of Primitivo back and it went over 20k suddenly

20k THB using the easy to calculate 1SGD to 25THB conversion rate would be 800SGD but nowadays the rate is more like 24.5 so would be 800+ for that meal. How much would a similar meal cost in SG? I would assume that restaurant charges european prices or maybe slightly less but i think the pricing would be similar to what it would charge if it operated in SG, you agree?