• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Mantis prawns with garlic

Brinjal with salted fish and minced pork

Tang-hoon crab

Grouper

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
I like Woonsen Claypot best :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Sometimes i cook my own using the sauce i bought in Bkk...if lazy go Thai Village sharksfin and eat song song...:biggrin:

Butbi prefer Prawn Woonsen Claypot :biggrin: :biggrin:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Garoupa is cooked Canto style or Thai style?

Looks canto...yummy yummy...making me hungry! Tsibye! :biggrin:

I cant sleep and just a slice of roti and pork floss lah... whahahahaha:biggrin:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Pii Froggy ,

Take it easy on the drinking , you no longer a tadpole liao leh
:p

Thank buddy, no la now a days go very slow liao. This half bottle after dinner still have a quarter left. By the way drink driving is not a good idea now in Thailand because lots of road blocks. On my way home tonight went through two blocks. Lucky both waved me off.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Garoupa is cooked Canto style or Thai style?

Looks canto...yummy yummy...making me hungry! Tsibye! :biggrin:

I cant sleep and just a slice of roti and pork floss lah... whahahahaha:biggrin:

Grouper is known as Pla Gao (as in teochew gao-hee).

This style of cooking is known in Thai as neng-see-yew meaning steamed with soya sauce however looking at this it doesn't look steamed, it could be steamed until cooked first and then put into this metal plate then diluted soya sauce poured into it and the with a fire below to keep warm.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I like Woonsen Claypot best :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Sometimes i cook my own using the sauce i bought in Bkk...if lazy go Thai Village sharksfin and eat song song...:biggrin:

Butbi prefer Prawn Woonsen Claypot :biggrin: :biggrin:

I normally order hoon-saen by itself without prawn nor. I prefer to order the prawn and crab separately.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Last minute shopping for Chinese new year at Chinatown Yaowarat.

Duck noodle breakfast

maid has duck rice

shared a kway-chap

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Ka lam pi pak nam pla

Tomyam gai baan (kampong chicken)

Kung ob hoon saen

Pla meuk pak khai kaem

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
brother [joetys],

It looks like you usually have gourmet meals.

Most of my meals are local neighborhood restaurants not really gourmet as in like those "hiso" restaurants in downtown. Let's take tonight's dinner it's just 9km away from my home on a straight road in fact another 5km more it'll be outside Bangkok and its a very local bar & restaurant with very good and authentic Thai food and Thai music. Cost of what you saw above plus 4 coconuts is only 1,600 baht or $66 for 3 person.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
omg...i love Kung cheh nam pla and Si hum...looks fugging good...lao nua liaozzzz....:biggrin:

These two I don't touch at all, maid and mate told me the nam-jeem for these two is damn solid. I believe so.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Hope you guys enjoy this time-lapse I made in Hongqiao Train Station last Saturday

[video=youtube;m8LDpIQ5pOM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8LDpIQ5pOM[/video]