• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro charlie, that is sinkee bak chor mee (minced pork noodle), specifically, mee pok .

this froggy is very cruel, knowing i will crave for this one.

I know about that bak chor mee, which I have not had for a long time.
However, I am teasing him about his variety of meals.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Off to my wine haunt in Dempsey now for my indulgence in a couple of nice Italian Amarone and Barolo. Cheers.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ok guys, i confess all along i was in sinking land. this is my dinner tonight.

IMG-20130417-WA0000_zps79860f11.jpg

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
where is this from. claypot rice one of my all time favorites... currently i love the one at geylang claypot

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
where is this from. claypot rice one of my all time favorites... currently i love the one at geylang claypot
hehehe. geylang cannot fight chinatown lian he ben ji and maxwell road. if chinatown and maxwell road allow to use charcoal, lagi cannot fight.

jw5

Loyal
hehehe. geylang cannot fight chinatown lian he ben ji and maxwell road. if chinatown and maxwell road allow to use charcoal, lagi cannot fight.

Chinatown there are 2 or 3 stalls in the food centre which are very good.
Don't think I have evern eaten the one at Maxwell. Maxwell more famous for chicken rice and wu xiang.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chinatown there are 2 or 3 stalls in the food centre which are very good.
Don't think I have evern eaten the one at Maxwell. Maxwell more famous for chicken rice and wu xiang.
ok, best one in chinatown have to be 联合本记 . it is facing hdb flat. an aquarium call loy kee aquarium. order a soup from them too.

along the same area is another stall call hang kee 亨记 which famius for fish head bee hoon.

hehehe. i go maxwell road just to eat the hainanese curry rice and ho ckiew lor mee.

aroi. maybe want to go back sg now.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Here's a short video of Tanglin Halt Chap Lao hawker centre

[video=youtube;e2ZkcQXQRDw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2ZkcQXQRDw[/video]

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
ok guys, i confess all along i was in sinking land. this is my dinner tonight.

IMG-20130417-WA0000_zps79860f11.jpg

most of the time I diam diam never comment anything now adays but this one too much cannon fairy, must pichak lobang. :biggrin:

Smith street foodcenter closed for reno leh, how to serve claypot rice? Even the Holland drive one also closed for reno.

Last edited:

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
most of the time I diam diam never comment anything now adays but this one too much cannon fairy, must pichak lobang. :biggrin:

Smith street foodcenter closed for reno leh, how to serve claypot rice? Even the Holland drive one also closed for reno.

that means chon is still in pattaya?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

knn si-gin-na Chon hijacked my photo that I WhatsApp to him last night from Alexandra Village la. But you are clever know Lucky is closed for reno.

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
knn si-gin-na Chon hijacked my photo that I WhatsApp to him last night from Alexandra Village la. But you are clever know Lucky is closed for reno.

Ang Mo wants to try local local food so have to hunt. Went Smith, place reno so ended up having chock and frog leg.

Found Lucky has a temp (??) store at Commonwealth market, the fried chicken wing place.

But only serves claypot rice and veg, don't have the other yummies - steam soup and chicken feet.

I'll still wait for the Holland Place to open.

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Lucky has a temp store at Commonwealth market, the chicken wing place.

But only serves claypot rice and veg, don't have the other yummies - steam soup and chicken leg.

I'll still wait for the Holland Place to open.

Knn bakbai must have known that but did not tell me made me go all the way to Alexandra Village. Must zap him.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
20130418_153931_zpsd69884fe.jpg

hehehe. tua pao kena caught. pai seh pai seh. hijack joetys claypot rice cos really long time no eat liaoz, mayve 3 years or more. so i imagine i in sinking land enjoying rhe sah poh fan. i always order extra giam hee.

anyway, the bak chor mee posted by joetys also created craving, so i go makro and bought a packet of mee pok. sekali see hokkien yellow noodle. buy lah.

20130418_153732_zpse50e9b31.jpg

and went to wet market buy kuay teow (sen yai)