• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

SibeiKing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand ? Feasible?

even you settle in first world country, why you want to sabot your follower to move third world shit hole like johor or bangkok.

Alot of first World country citizens are buying up properties in places like Dempasar, Ipoh and clark for investment.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I know of some Ang Mohs (An Aussie and American) doing online business from their Pattaya home. Not sure what they meant by online business but seems to be doing well.
Camfrog comes to mind...sorry couldn't resist that...

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Ordered a rack of pork rib and being a man I wanted to cut it but she insists its her responsibility.

Yeah and if you fool around, the Thai lady will cut off your dick!:p

Leongsam, I'd love to do this however I got no idea what is the job of the moderator, I'm so pathetic that I just googled and it came up with non-helpful links. If I say I need guidance can you or someone guide me? You see asking these simple questions already malu show I not qualify.

It simply means you keep the section neat and tidy and delete nonsense you don't like.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

I just finished lunch with a female friend Ms. Hazard and her dog, was brought to a very nice but country type of Thai food restaurant out in Rom Klao near the airport. One thing great about Thai ladies they really takes care of the men. Ordered a rack of pork rib and being a man I wanted to cut it but she insists its her responsibility. Someone here just said not getting married in Singapore because of women's charter I say on top of that its the mordern Singapore women's character too. Anyway I got to rush to go massage now with the Singapore couple.

Oh by the way here's the ribs looks good eh? Ok got to really run now. Bye.

Photo Jan 10, 1 43 43 PM.jpg

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C

hi joe....boss has confidence in you and so do i. You are very well balanced temperamentwise. I think with some good guidance and inputs from boss and some other seniors , you will do well.
Pls consider taking up this moderator post.

It simply means you keep the section neat and tidy and delete nonsense you don't like.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Oh I don't fool around, I'm as real as it can get no fooling around.

Ok Leongsam, but I really need your help on this as I have no idea how to do stuff here. I mean if I ask you questions on how to do this and that you cannot fuck me ok? If I ask the same question the second time fine I deserve it.

Gotto really go now.

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal

I know of some Ang Mohs (An Aussie and American) doing online business from their Pattaya home. Not sure what they meant by online business but seems to be doing well.

Ya b4 1997 crisis, at K Kaen, a Nowegian advise n told me its so easy to make $$ there. Trading in winter clothes btween
Scandinavia n Bkk. He could afford a rental cond/gf and does visa run every now n then. And F.D. at Thai Banks at more than
10%. With FD then I had free holidays with interest earned every 6mths......................But not now; with IMF intervention.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Why now impossible? Now should be better. Price up you sell your house even more money. Then you go Thailand buy car so cheap!
Property in Thailand increases, now you cant even get a good location apartment if you have $250k, last time is possible

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Camfrog comes to mind...sorry couldn't resist that...
Yes, sex sells whether online or offline. :wink:

Yeap, a few cases in Pattaya. Last one I can remember is a Hungarian. Consequence of getting caught is the scissors. :p

Ya b4 1997 crisis, at K Kaen, a Nowegian advise n told me its so easy to make $$ there. Trading in winter clothes btween
Scandinavia n Bkk. He could afford a rental cond/gf and does visa run every now n then. And F.D. at Thai Banks at more than
10%. With FD then I had free holidays with interest earned every 6mths......................But not now; with IMF intervention.
Still possible now except getting more competitive.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Property in Thailand increases, now you cant even get a good location apartment if you have $250k, last time is possible
250K is about THB 6 million. I think no problem to get a good 2 bedroom apartments in some parts of BKK (Samut Prakarn is the upcoming place to be in. Confirm no flood)

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

250K is about THB 6 million. I think no problem to get a good 2 bedroom apartments in some parts of BKK (Samut Prakarn is the upcoming place to be in. Confirm no flood)
6 million definitely can get something better than the shitholes HDB of sinkieland.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

third world perhaps...we can debate that, but shit hole ? Not so nice la.

well, the drain is smelly, the river is smelly, everywhere trash, the air is so bad, from the air, all you see is smog, to me, it is a shithole. So dirty.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

6 million definitely can get something better than the shitholes HDB of sinkieland.
THB 6 million if well managed can do lots of thing. My idea is a new condo, a new car and a small retail biz plus some savings.

Few years back, a Korean couple started a school in Pattaya teaching Tae Kwan Do with around that amount. Couple now also own a Korean restaurant and tour agency.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The company ownership laws are not favorable to foreigners.

You will need a Thai name to be part of the company ownership. There are many ways to go around this and a Thai lawyer can provide advice on foreigner ownership of company or land. Also take note Thai labour law take very good care of employees. For those reporting sick for one day, MC is not required. If a worker is terminated, the compensation is 3 months if they have worked for more than 3 months.

Finding a good Thai partner is half the success.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: yes actually staying here long term need not invest in property, here long term rental apartments with all necessary amenities goes for as low as 4000baht (less than $200) per month. And there are lots to do here in this vast country.

Are these apartments in Bangkok? Is it normal size apartment and in normal residential area? Got air-con and furniture?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I wouldn't recommend buying condo or car in Thailand. Foreigners would never really own anything in Thailand. Might as well rent your place and take public tranport. It's cheaper even in the long run and easier to get out if and when you want or need to leave Thailand. They change governments faster than some people change underwears.

Enjoy your foreigner status there. The police and army will accord you foreigner protection. It's not advisable to get entangled with property ownership or business shareholding unless you're heading MNC. To paraphrase Forrest Gump, "Thailand is like a box of chocolate; you'd never know what you're going to get."

A foreign woman may have a chance to become legally naturalized Thai by marrying a wealthy Thai man who can afford to sponsor her application, e.g. my cousin. No foreign man can become legally naturalized Thai, not even by marriage to Thai women. There's no Thai law allowing that.

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I wouldn't recommend buying condo or car in Thailand. Foreigners would never really own anything in Thailand. Might as well rent your place and take public tranport. It's cheaper even in the long run and easier to get out if and when you want or need to leave Thailand. They change governments faster than some people change underwears.

Enjoy your foreigner status there. The police and army will accord you foreigner protection. It's not advisable to get entangled with property ownership or business shareholding unless you're heading MNC. To paraphrase Forrest Gump, "Thailand is like a box of chocolate; you'd never know what you're going to get."

A foreign woman may have a chance to become legally naturalized Thai by marrying a wealthy Thai man who can afford to sponsor her application, e.g. my cousin. No foreign man can become legally naturalized Thai, not even by marriage to Thai women. There's no Thai law allowing that.
Rent a condo/apartment/house but never rent a car/bike for long term. Foreigners can own car/bike legally with blue/green book (proof of ownership) and it's not worth to rent car long term. Cars have high resale value here so even if one decide to pack up and go, he still can sell the car at a good price.

MIB and army only respect foreigner because of the perception foreigners are walking ATM. As in any part of the world, the same saying applies, "No Money, No Honey". See if they still give protection when ATM run out of $$$.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Hi all I just came home from dinner with an old Singapore friend and his wife. I can see they truly enjoy the dinner at Nathong Seafood.

To erection 2011, Windsor and Scroobal and others thank you for your support.

well, the drain is smelly, the river is smelly, everywhere trash, the air is so bad, from the air, all you see is smog, to me, it is a shithole. So dirty.

Hi singveld I guess you may have a bad experience here in Thailand, although I live in Bangkok I do not find it too dirty, I mean like what my wife always tells me if one compares with Singapore then most places on earth is dirty. However I have to add that I find Bangkok cleaner than Jakarta, Manila, Ho Chi Minh. As for smog I have to agree downtown Bangkok in Sathorn, Silom, Asoke and some parts of Sukhumvit areas due to the traffic is a little heavy with smog. Other than that I can say I feel comfortable to drive with my windows down especially these few days its so pleasant to drive with windows down. Also as a major exporter of goods to the world I find Bangkok and many parts of Thailand pollution level is as good as Singapore. If you have not come to Thailand recently do come and see for yourself and I am sure you will agree with me.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Are these apartments in Bangkok? Is it normal size apartment and in normal residential area? Got air-con and furniture?

ginfreely, apartments in Thailand can be as small as only 15sqm to 25sqm. Comes with air-con and furnished. This could be even in the busy Ratchada area. In fact you can find apartments everywhere in Bangkok not necessarily in residential areas only.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

No need 6mil, if you shop around 3mil-4mil is enough to get you a nice 40-60sqm condo with all condo facilities just slightly outside downtown like in Lat Phrao and Ramkamphaeng areas no problem.