• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand ? Feasible?

Don't let this Ninja wait for you for too long. :wink:

View attachment 3512

Saw this Ninja outside my shop and found out from my staff that it belongs to my customer. See how pathetic my scoopy is parking next to a Ninja.

So which bike would a thief choose to steal :confused:

Most Sporeans could probably afford something better, but your bike is practical & something I would choose because it is less like to be targetted by thieves:smile:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are various reasons on killings, financial, passion, jealousy, biz, politics, gangs, staring, police.

Though many Thais are Buddhist, there are still people who will kill for various reasons. Sad to say, the youths in LOS are getting increasing intolerant. Gang related killings are getting more common. In BKK, the rival polytechnic gang fights can be very big scale with casualty.

On getting conned, my thinking is if it's too good to be true, then it's not.

I remember reading about some angmo in Pattaya who had a thai girl friend. He was shot & his relatives suspect it was done carried out by a hitman hired by the girlfriend/wife. He had about $100,00+ in the bank & he may have been too trusting because $100,000 is alot to a thai.

So even if you might meet the ideal partner, one should be very careful when it comes to money:wink:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I remember reading about some angmo in Pattaya who had a thai girl friend. He was shot & his relatives suspect it was done carried out by a hitman hired by the girlfriend/wife. He had about $100,00+ in the bank & he may have been too trusting because $100,000 is alot to a thai.

So even if you might meet the ideal partner, one should be very careful when it comes to money:wink:

100k in what currency? Is he an american? Maybe a brit or someone from the eu. Their currency is very strong especially when converted to thai bhat.

terry1965

Alfrescian
Loyal
in Thailand strike first prize lottery is 1 million thai baht is 40,000 only, so 100 k is alot can buy 2 houses, 40 K can buy 1 house.
There are many stories in thailand about farang angmo being swindled by people and killed " by accident"
so keep your money to closely to yourself and dont trust anyone, except yourself or you very close friends.
Generally Thai people are not that bad, however in thailand there are so many types of people, from the province, Isaan, chinese , mymar,even philipino etc

So cheating and being conned, is common, you need to be streetwise.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
100k in what currency? Is he an american? Maybe a brit or someone from the eu. Their currency is very strong especially when converted to thai bhat.

He was Dutch & it was in US$.
Another sad story is about a Sporeans who took all his savings to live in Bintan or Batam with some chewek. In his case the chewek ran off with all his money :(

It can happen in LOS or Spore, to anyone. Many people think it's great to have plenty of money but it's also hard(er) to keep what you have safe :smile: Best advise is to keep quiet about how much $$ one really has & you will be less of a target of these vultures :wink:

Probably a good idea to have multiple bank accounts & to only actively use the account which has the smaller amount. Heard of Sporeans being kidnapped & forced to reveal their ATM pin number.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in Thailand strike first prize lottery is 1 million thai baht is 40,000 only, so 100 k is alot can buy 2 houses, 40 K can buy 1 house.

In Spore you can't even get a car for that amount :eek:
Many Sporeans who have limited experience of life outside the red dot, don't appreciate just how heavily they are taxed in Spore.

In the west taxes are used to finance their social programs, universal health care, etc Things that don't exist in Singapore & yet we have plenty of hidden taxes: CPF, high utility costs, stamp duties, ERP, etc. Someone has to pay for the world's most expensive government :rolleyes:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are many stories in thailand about farang angmo being swindled by people and killed " by accident"
so keep your money to closely to yourself and dont trust anyone, except yourself or you very close friends.
Generally Thai people are not that bad, however in thailand there are so many types of people, from the province, Isaan, chinese , mymar,even philipino etc

So cheating and being conned, is common, you need to be streetwise.

Yes thailand is safe in the sense that you probably won't get robbed or hurt randomly on the street unlike say mudland or in some us cities but the country is quite messy too.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand ? Feasible?

So which bike would a thief choose to steal :confused:

Most Sporeans could probably afford something better, but your bike is practical & something I would choose because it is less like to be targetted by thieves:smile:
Think my scoopy-i will be a target for thieves because of the larger resale market and lower risk for the thieves. Riding a huge Ninja is not a common sight in LOS. On the other hand, there are thousands of Honda Waves, Scoopys, Clicks and Yamaha Nuovas and Finos around. Yes, bought the Scoopy because of convenience. Easier to park and move around.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Probably a good idea to have multiple bank accounts & to only actively use the account which has the smaller amount. Heard of Sporeans being kidnapped & forced to reveal their ATM pin number.

Words of wisdom. :smile: I limit of one my ATM daily withdrawal limit to THB 20,000. For safety and saving. :wink: Have another ATM card but don't carry it with me. For larger transactions, do online transfer.

Do not wear gold or any expensive stuffs. In the event of any robbery, don't put up a fight. it is usually committed by some drug addicts so they can get desperate if you fight with them. There might be other way to track these people down.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Latest Pattaya news from morning TV.

Briton commit suicide at firing range in Pattaya. CCTV footage show him shot himself firing the gun under his mouth. Reported suicide likely due to zha bor/money problem.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Sawasdee krup everybody. Missed all the action in Pattaya.

Today damn lazy. Think I no go work la. Go Yaowarat to get come CNY deco and put them up later today.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Latest Pattaya news from morning TV.

Briton commit suicide at firing range in Pattaya. CCTV footage show him shot himself firing the gun under his mouth. Reported suicide likely due to zha bor/money problem.

one more white person gets fucked up.

He should have stayed in sg. In sg the gal would have been the one cheated.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
one more white person gets fucked up.

He should have stayed in sg. In sg the gal would have been the one cheated.

Here's the news and here.

A British man committed suicide at a Central Pattaya shooting range on Sunday afternoon. Police and rescue services made their way to the Pattaya Klang Shooting Range located on Pattaya Beach and inspected the body of Mr. Andrew Michael Davis aged 42 from Stockport, UK. He had suffered a self-inflicted wound to his head and the moments leading up to his death were caught on Security Cameras inside the shooting range. Mr. Davis, who was under the supervision of Khun Gitsana aged 25, purchased a total of 20 bullets for a 357 Magnum which is the weapon he chose to use when he arrived. The first fifteen bullets were expelled into the range and in the direction of the target. A further 5 bullets were loaded into the gun and after the first two, which were also expelled in the direction of the target, Mr. Davis is seen to point the gun under his chin and pull the trigger. He fell to the ground and died instantly. The shocked instructor, who was standing to his left, claimed he was unable to prevent Mr. Davis from taking his own life and he appeared relaxed throughout. Police know little about Mr. Davis but do have his Hotel key and a rented motorbike. Any possible motives behind the suicide are also not known. The British Embassy in Bangkok are aware of the death and are providing consular assistance to the family of Mr. Davis.

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
P1000461.JPG
Aussie/Kiwi LOS runroaders favorite hang out in Pattaya. Place is actually located in Jomtien (New Second Road). Big area with about 30-40 smaller bars/restaurant/pubs but no Agogos. Most of the operators are Aussies/Kiwis. Pai Seh, not much to see during day time. Will try to take a few pics at night.

Very tired now, going for a short a nap. ZZzz

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
View attachment 3518
Aussie/Kiwi LOS runroaders favorite hang out in Pattaya. Place is actually located in Jomtien (New Second Road). Big area with about 30-40 smaller bars/restaurant/pubs but no Agogos. Most of the operators are Aussies/Kiwis. Pai Seh, not much to see during day time. Will try to take a few pics at night.

Very tired now, going for a short a nap. ZZzz

Btw is it nice to stay there with so much sleeze around? Which part of pattaya do you stay at? Hopefully not near walking street. Must be scary that all the thai women in the area could be hookers. Maybe like 8 out of 10 of them.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Btw is it nice to stay there with so much sleeze around? Which part of pattaya do you stay at? Hopefully not near walking street. Must be scary that all the thai women in the area could be hookers. Maybe like 8 out of 10 of them.
Stay in Pattaya Central so quite far from sleaze (10 mins by motorcycle) :biggrin:
Actually, the sleazy image is done on purpose to make Pattaya look 'bad' and exciting. Most long term foreign residents are aware of this. The main money is still tourist money.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The white shirt (without helmet) is on another bike lah. Both the zha bohs on Ninja are wearing gang helmets.