• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last night did Jim Thompson's at Dempsey's, more for company expense dining type. Thai cuisine, but some pinoy staff (like "huh, what singha beer?). Pls excuse poor quality pics, from my beat up ipad.. idiot proof, and still don't know how to post "live" but to upload via PC:o

jimsign.jpeg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last night did Jim Thompson's at Dempsey's, more for company expense dining type. Thai cuisine, but some pinoy staff (like "huh, what singha beer?). Pls excuse poor quality pics, from my beat up ipad.. idiot proof, and still don't know how to post "live" but to upload via PC:o

View attachment 4171
Use photobucket Registration is free. You can also download the photobucket application to your ipad.

So far this is the easiest solution. Thanks to joetys.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

View attachment 4171
Jim Thompson is now a restaurant?!?!? Any relationship with the silk house?

I remembered my first foray to chiong LOS was staying in the budget motels near Jim Thompson's....one of the motels Krit Thai Mansion is still standing till today

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This could be Bro Chonburifc's "金屋" in Pattaya:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kMddT-9hsKM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
This place is Royal Hill Condotel. But the place I staying now is quite the opposite.
No seaview or mountain view, only carpark view. :(

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jim Thompson is now a restaurant?!?!? Any relationship with the silk house?

I remembered my first foray to chiong LOS was staying in the budget motels near Jim Thompson's....one of the motels Krit Thai Mansion is still standing till today
Apparently, the brand Jim Thompson is quite successful. There are at least 3 Jim Thompson outlets in Sin City alone. Received a JT Thai Silk tie and must say the quality and design is as good as the European brands. As for food, need more FR from YY.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Apparently, the brand Jim Thompson is quite successful. There are at least 3 Jim Thompson outlets in Sin City alone. Received a JT Thai Silk tie and must say the quality and design is as good as the European brands. As for food, need more FR from YY.
the boutiques are okay.....one of few well know international LOS brands (though farang related)....i know they have one in Raffles Acade and another in Taka.....but F & B is stretching the brand a little thin.

Last edited: