• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
The best police I've ever seen is in PRC. Can shoot people in the street just for disorderly behavior or resisting arrest or what they'd just report "failing to co-operate with police." But except for military police, the patrol police wear their uniforms very sloppishly, no ironing and no tuck-in, boots unpolishied, just swaggering aroung streets like uniformed gangsters. The best turn-out is Thai police, always looking neat and impressive, their uniforms obviously tailor-made and well ironed, and their boots polished to shine. They don't do stuff like PRC police do openly but if you know and pay them well enough, it can be "negotiable."

Most PRC policemen in blue uniform are not armed la pii Ram. Only special occasion for the blue boys. Those armed are the green uniformed 武警 and of course the plainclothes arm-bai.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
knn sibeh boring in TG lounge now flight delayed 45mins. 8.10pm to 8.45pm. Guess what not a single keleng in the lounge today.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Boarded now in plane cabin. This is my lunch

3f244a81.jpg

Taiwan beef noodle

786b0681.jpg

Lion head 狮子头

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
This flight from Seoul so many Thais carrying boxes of giant strawberrys must be damn shiok.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm using 7 Eleven as a benchmark. I'm wondering how much those staff @ coffee chains such as Coffee World are being paid, especially someone at supervisory level who can be trusted to collect money and bank in.
OK, manage to find a little bit. Different salary in different province/cities. The information I got is for Sin City. Entry level trainee is .4.5-6K not including OT, social security and night shift allowance (Day shift no allowance). Confirmed staff starts from 6K.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Drift you are right on the size of signboard. It's small. And the best thing is a few weeks ago, the signboard is the opposite, 'left turn on red'. Even Siam Kia also dio after turning, don't say foreigner. I take this photo to remind myself to be more careful of this junction.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
knn sibeh boring in TG lounge now flight delayed 45mins. 8.10pm to 8.45pm. Guess what not a single keleng in the lounge today.

Wow....notice the key word :biggrin:
Actually some 'seven' sao sao got potential. They just need to doll themselves up. Saw a pretty sao sao in Big-C food court drinks counter. This type confirm very soon got people 'jorng' (reserve).

BTW, seven staff are Por 6 to Mor 4 and below.

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Drift you are right on the size of signboard. It's small. And the best thing is a few weeks ago, the signboard is the opposite, 'left turn on red'. Even Siam Kia also dio after turning, don't say foreigner. I take this photo to remind myself to be more careful of this junction.

bro...dont forget i used to stay in thai for 2 years i know what their traffic police are good at :wink: they set a trap for ppl to step in and collect kopi money :wink:

sometimes you can see them open a table beside the road to collect money :wink:

Last edited:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
OK, manage to find a little bit. Different salary in different province/cities. The information I got is for Sin City. Entry level trainee is .4.5-6K not including OT, social security and night shift allowance (Day shift no allowance). Confirmed staff starts from 6K.

Bro, those open spaces outside shopping centres, just like the cocktail van. Do they need to pay rent to the shopping centre ?

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
now we know why thai got so many car accidents ...all the drivers are looking out for small signboard all scare ...got ppl cross the road also dont know :wink:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro...dont forget i used to stay in thai for 2 years i know what their traffic police are good at :wink: they set a trap for ppl to step in and collect kopi money :wink:

sometimes you can see them open a table beside the road to collect money :wink:
They also quite look after their bros. Kena once in Rayong for overspeeding. Asking price is 600 (foreigner price) but I offer 200. Mata say cannot cos' they have 3 people altogether. In the end, accepted 300. Think maybe figure is easier to split among 3. :biggrin:

Another more recent case is in Korat. After kena the first one, the mata warn me there is another one about 60 km away.

Trick is to be polite at all times and not guai lan which Ang Mohs like to do. End up, waste time and more money.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
蘇永康時間:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/n_S_d2JwH4w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:oIo::oIo::oIo:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
They also quite look after their bros. Kena once in Rayong for overspeeding. Asking price is 600 (foreigner price) but I offer 200. Mata say cannot cos' they have 3 people altogether. In the end, accepted 300. Think maybe figure is easier to split among 3. :biggrin:

Bro, can learn from Stephen Chow. Offer cigarettes.