• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The last time i was at this hotel the pool got contaminated

28736330793_e2aab4b69c_b.jpg

29070036150_79f3e94ee6_b.jpg

asiatique

23879392190_e8609feb9a_b.jpg

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Tired from teh weekend trip returned to Bangkok went for a spa at Ratchada, Bali Spa

Very nice room

After the spa got free mango sticky rice, very nice touch by the spa

Package

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Long lunch

Boiled chicken in soya - gai tom

Thai Pork jerky - Moo dat deow

Horfun - Saen yai rat na

Kailan in oyster sauce - khana nam man hoi

Deep fried thai herb chicken wings - Samong pai pik gai thod

Fish maw soup - kra pok pla nam daeng

In a nice room
[video=youtube;kTysYMZ7I_s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTysYMZ7I_s[/video]

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
[video=youtube;-kMLyYl5gjM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kMLyYl5gjM[/video]

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Love the Jazz. I went to the one at Victory Monument.
That Saxophone place is iconic, been there for a loooong time (decades I hear).
My last visit was eons ago, liked the informal atmosphere and jazz pop sessions.
Sat at some alcove with with my party, and had a great evening

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
That Saxophone place is iconic, been there for a loooong time (decades I hear).
My last visit was eons ago, liked the informal atmosphere and jazz pop sessions.
Sat at some alcove with with my party, and had a great evening

Yes. Love the jazz ambiance there. Food is good too.

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Back from my trip to Hua Hin. Summary: not bad just to relax and chill; stayed at HH center right by beach. Did one touristy thing for the day, and then spent rest of time chilling in cabana by beach (my hotel had a wireless device with a button. press it and a server would come to take your order) or eating or drinking. Thanks to YY for tips

Some highlights for others here:

1) Rent a car while in Hua Hin. Although you can take songthaews, too hot. Driving is easy, parking is easy, rates are cheap
2) Several places visited:
  • Maruekathaiyawan Palace (Rama 8 built this. Rama 9 - recently deceased - apparently never used this and place fell into disrepair. Nice walk)
  • Khao Hin Lek Fai (hill on top of Hua Hin. Good view)
  • Seenspace (https://th-th.facebook.com/seenspacehuahin/) - "chill chill" (as Thais say) dining right by sea with HOBS beer house. Go at sunset. Must go)
  • Plearnwan (easy to miss driving past. Nice throwback vibe. Not expensive)
  • Venezia (waste of time. pass)
  • Wat Huay Mongkol (30 minute drive west. OK if you are a devotee)
  • Khao Takiab (seafood. Went to Chittra[12.5160651,99.9798178] but Pupen[12.5151079,99.9768966] also has good reputation)
  • Restaurants near Pier(seafood. went to Chaolay. OK. More for view than for food)
  • Train Station (of course)
  • Night Market (several restaurants here: Lung Ja etc)
  • Hilton (Hua Hin Brew Company) - best Thai band (indoor pub; outdoor pub is Filipino band)) that sings Thai contemporary songs
  • Bar - Blue Monkey appears the only "young" bar in Soi Bintabhat. Young, college-age Thai/lukkrueng customers. (pass). Rest of Soi Bintabhat is old farangs.

Other details:

• Went to HH by bus (Sombat Tour. Pickup at their own terminal opp Central Lad Phrao). Bus will stop at the HH Clock Tower (they will ask) and further south at Soi 96 bus terminal
  • Came back by van (rot tu) from the rot tu terminal at Soi 51. Rental car agency (Thai Car Rental) dropped me off - free - great customer service
  • Journey either by bus or rot tu was around 3.5 hours. Rot tu journey was pretty safe but YMMV. Rot tu will stop at Mor Chit bus terminal but can drop off at BTS (driver will ask)

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any suggestions where next inside Thailand for few nights? I've already been to all the obvious places.
I'm thinking Koh Chang or perhaps one of the Kanchanaburi floating hotels

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes Victory Monument - Saxophone Jazz & Blues was there last night till closing

No wonder it looks familiar. I was at the 2nd level dining and enjoying the music. I only get the top view and didn't get up close.

I thought the name of that place is only Saxophone.

saxphone1.PNG

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Went to the Central Embassy mall on Sunday for lunch

[video=youtube;3KBe_GyZPN0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KBe_GyZPN0[/video]

Tetsu an upmarket Japanese grill restaurant

Kimchi soup

Veges to be grilled

Avocado salad

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Decided to go to Siam Paragon after the lunch. Knowing traffic very bad for such short distance so left the car in Central Embassy and take the BTS, my first time. Don't know why but felt a little excited:

Link to the station

From here, its two stations to Siam Paragon

Ticket machine - 2 stops 22 baht I thought its a little expensive

Sunday crowd