• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
If you are visiting Bangkok and staying in Thonglor Sukhumvit Soi 55 area and you feel like some western cuisine, I recommend Divino located at the ground floor of Penny's Balcony building.

Started with a Sangiovese and Cab Sav blend, the Ronchedone goes well with startes like cold cuts and strong cheeses

Antipasto

Compliment from the litchen

Cold cuts

Italian blue cheese

White German asparagus

Grilled Mediterranean octopus salad

Preparing for the mains - Terra d’Eclano from Quintodecimo, a 100% Aglianico grape and intense but well balanced red

Lamb

Mediterranean seabass

Needed this Amarone to finish the mains

Finally before the night ends had a small bottle dessert wine of Recioto della Valpolicella Classico by Zenato the original maker of Amarone. Compliment from the very friendly owner Roberto

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hello Froggy,

You are not just a restaurant and cuisine critic, but a wine Connoisseur.

Did two of you have three bottles of wine, plus a complimentary bottle of dessert wine?

Good health!

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Hello Froggy,

You are not just a restaurant and cuisine critic, but a wine Connoisseur.

Did two of you have three bottles of wine, plus a complimentary bottle of dessert wine?

Good health!

Yes the two of us had that 3 bottles of red and shared the desert wine with all of you.

That wasn't all we brought home 6 bottles of Musella Amaone

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Life in Thailand yes sometimes you get a situation like this here too

Its very strange that in Thailand tire shops don't wanna repair a situation like this told me need to change the very new rubber, brought to the car agent told me the same thing saying its at the side of the rubber cannot repair and its going to cost 15,000 ($600) baht for the tire.

So I drove around asking workshops and one pointed me to a run down makeshift type of "shop" and that guy told me can repair.

He took out the tire, removed the screw and smoothen the inside and then clamp the affected part and apply heat like this

Finally its done

Checked

Cost only 200 baht or $8 only against $600

Went home and googled and found out this method of repair is known as thermo vulcanizing

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
noodle.jpg

Another colleague brought me to this noodle heaven? It tastes sooooo good.

It is called Tom Yum Dumpling Noodle. Thai food is really another whole new level.

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
Street food is here to stay despite gov's announcement to get rid of them so far all talk and no action.

It is in a coffeeshop by itself. Apparently, the owner of the noodle stall owns the coffeeshop too. Does this count as street food?

I thought street food is referred to those stalls which peddle along roadside or pavement.

Is the govt removing street food? why? They are great, especially for tourists. Pretty dumb to remove it as the Thai economy depends pretty much from tourism.

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Like to recommend a good hotel in Pattaya, Pullman Hotel G

Has its own beach

Nice and big pool

The room

Bath

Sea view

This morning

The breakfast is ok but dinner here wasn't good so I highly recommend you to eat outside.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Plumbed for radish cake bfast over the usual angmoh eggs/sausage on SQ. Not too bad, with chili to go

unnamed-5_zps460yjvig.jpg

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
View of Chao Praya river, across the old quarter Bkk (Bangrak road, 500m from Asiatique)

IMG_0177_zpsxvmad897.jpg

Mango from supermarket at unbeatable price bht38 (under $1.60)

unnamed-4_zpsu2pymoqf.jpg

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can't hold a candle to froggy's fine dining, so had to settle for Tawandeng's (Long Beer German in thai speak) at Rama 3. Signature dish, for less than their Dempsey branch's price

IMG_0179_zpsn8fnngir.jpg

Blanched si hum with tiny noodles, eaten with raw salad vege

IMG_0178_zpspu5brt1g.jpg

And nothing like to go with freshly brewed beer

IMG_0182_zpsg0aubka9.jpg

The jazz pop band was good with bunch of young musicians (like below)

IMG_0191_zps3bqzxuah.jpg

Singer smiled for the camera

IMG_0187_zpsuxpwmfsw.jpg

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Dinner at a place that serves great horfun

Kailan with mushrooms

Deep fried pork neck very good compared to the normal roasted ones

Horfun ver very good cos chef pre-fry the horfun with egg until slightly dark then the gravy goes over it

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Had this sinful pork ribs from Tamarind night market (yes, HHin yet again), can fight Tony Romas

IMG_0160_zpssa6ujytj.jpg

Nothing like a capu and a brownie on lazy afternoon

IMG_0163_zpsyhmp7k2q.jpg

IMG_0162_zpsq00w1vpa.jpg