• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
‘Bunny girls’ coffee shop in Chiang Mai becomes talk of the town
March 27, 2017 12:15
By The Nation

cad15fbe451a016ea3e76241c6bcedde_zpssnltnkft.jpeg

6b01bc1ad2d2cbc4afd14135c43a1467_zps1y54hagj.jpeg

A newly opened coffee shop featuring waitresses in “bunny girl uniform” has become a hot topic among online social networkers, especially those in the North.

But the bunny girl uniform does not resemble that of Play Boy girls. Instead, the waitresses simply wear tight a long-sleeved white shirt with a short black skirt and pink bunny ears over their head.

Many patrons have posted selfie shots with the bunny waitresses on their Facebook walls, which has brought more curious customers to the shop.

The shop is located on a soi beside Nong Hoi Market off Jai Kaew Road in Tambon Nong Hoi in Chiang Mai’s Muang district.

The shop owner, Kanchana Boonprasert, 30, said the shop is open from 9.30am to 8pm. She said the shop serves coffee and other drinks.

She decided to have the shop feature waitresses in cosplay costumes because she believes it is unprecedented.

She denied the shop also sell drinks to the waitresses as in cocktail lounges.

She said her waitresses are university students who do it as a part-time job. At the moment, there are 10 of them at a time and each girl must have her own strategy to entice patrons to return to the shop, Kanchana added.

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Nice resort, just took this a few minutes ago

[video=youtube;NFjzV-hai64]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFjzV-hai64[/video]

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Replayed my regular haunt Hua Hin. Everybody goes to the popular weekend Cicada night market (good for handicrafts), but just next door is the Tamarind market (food)

IMG_1485_zpsonkbvuds.jpg

IMG_1484_zpsvi5fjol2.jpg

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some coconut flavoured dessert, from bfast spread

IMG_1468_zps34gxedxj.jpg

Aroi tiramisu for afternoon tea at Andreanna's Cafe and Bakery next door

IMG_1479_zpsowmrjov8.jpg

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Back to urban Bkk, with closest thing to tah mee by old aunty for thb40 piset (large)

IMG_1514_zpsnr1brnwh.jpg

Jap restaurant Kasa at Seacon Bangkae

IMG_1502_zpsmc9jx6yn.jpg

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Navigating the Bang Phlat intersection was tricky even before mass-transit construction began.
New lane markers are supposed to help. Some drivers aren't so sure.

c1_1244803_170506181654_620x413_zpsvjr1z3ia.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Discovered a very nice cozy resort in Pattaya over the weekend. Arrived on Friday evening

Another pool

The room

All 43 sqm of it cost $60 per night

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
When you go to Pattaya I highly recommend this Italian restaurant - Trattoria Pizzeria Toscana right at the Beach Road

In Pattaya forget about eating Thai food cos there are many angmoh there so angmoh food there is very good, eat Thai food elsewhere.

Selected the Camelot, a 2011 blended Sicilian of Cabernet and Merlot, a splendid wine indeed for the evening

Dolcelatte, Italian version of blue cheese, excellent with the strong wine

Probably the best cold cut I've had

Parmigiano-Reggiano or parmesan cheese goes well with the salty cold cuts

Rocket

Getting next bottle ready for the mains

Great wine

Guinea fowl, reared in the restaurant's farm, my first time eating this bird, its got a wild taste to the meat, almost no fat other than the skin, meat if tougher than chicken but more flavor almost like duck, have to say I enjoy although at first a little hesitant

Lamb chop - charred a little on the outside but done medium juicy on the inside, great chef

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
When in Pattaya and if you really want to have Thai seafood, don't go to the Walking Street. If possible drive 9km north of Pattaya to Sattahip for one of the best seafood in Thailand

Topyam groupa

Cabbage

Green gourd vine

Seabass

Each of these is half kilogram, mantis prawn, only found in Preecha

Same giant mantis prawn fried with garlic

Sea snails roasted

Check out how fresh ands big they are

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been assigned to do trips to Bangkok for my work. It is nice to see a thread on Thailand here.

Do you guys do travel or food blog /Instagram/Youtube on Thailand?