• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JB Food

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
One small chia siew bao is now RM2 from 1.60. More expensive than SG! Are they gone mad?

For those who crave for "char siew pau", there is an outlet closer to home http://www.hungrygowhere.com/singapore/hong_kong_mongkok_tim_sum/ . The most popular item is their "char Siew Pau". Not only it is bigger, its taste is comparable if not better than those served in higher class restaurant. The current price is $2,30 for a basket of 3; very good value in my view. They only start the week on Wed, closed on Mon & Tues.

dumb1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those who like to eat kueh dadar, there is a shop at jln pahlawan 2. Each going for 70 sen compared to $1.20 at bengawan solo. It also much bigger. I can't help but eat 3 pcs each time I go there.

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Granny Wang Mee Hoon Kuey is really nice.

For those who like Japanese Ramen, there is one very good and authentic one opposite Giant..near to Parris Hotel side.

Lovely soup based..as good as what I have tasted in Japan itself. They have a very reasonable set lunch promotion at the moment.:smile:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Granny Wang Mee Hoon Kuey is really nice.

For those who like Japanese Ramen, there is one very good and authentic one opposite Giant..near to Parris Hotel side.

Lovely soup based..as good as what I have tasted in Japan itself. They have a very reasonable set lunch promotion at the moment.:smile:

Bro, if possible can give GPS coordinates or name of F&B or address? Me loves a good food recommendation and love to try new food outlets.:biggrin:

beegs

Alfrescian
Loyal
any bros can tell me the location of fish ball seller stall signboard 8888.
heard from my friend it at ,<hwang ho> near 4 coffee shop.

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone visited teochew chendul at city square mall?

The Teochew Chendol shop at City Square is set up specially to carrot Sinkies only. If you compare their prices with those that they sell at Penang Teochew Chendol, the prices at City Square are much much higher than Penang prices. I don't think any Malaysian patronise the Teochew Chendol at City Square.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone visited teochew chendul at city square mall?

The Teochew Chendol shop at City Square is set up specially to carrot Sinkies only. If you compare their prices with those that they sell at Penang Teochew Chendol, the prices at City Square are much much higher than Penang prices. I don't think any Malaysian patronise the Teochew Chendol at City Square.

I wouldn't step into any shops in City square. The things are just as expensive as in Singapore. Things there lacks variety.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Din Tai Fung is cheaper than Singapore. Definitely worth a visit just for the price difference.
Quality is comparable

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recently discovered a good makan place in Taman Desa Cemerlang. Their "Cai Poh steam" and "Thai Fried" fishes are especially delicious. Desa Cermalang Fish.jpeg

ElfieFay

Alfrescian
Loyal
JB AhMeng in PasirPelangi

RestaurantName: Ah Meng Restaurant 阿明家乡小炒
Address: 38, Jalan Sultanah Aminah, Taman Iskandar, Johor Bahru
Map: http://goo.gl/maps/mZSMa
GPS: 1.491354,103.786178
Hours: 12:00pm to 12:00am
(TuesdayCLOSED)
***NonHalal***

Last edited: