• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JB Food

siacw

Alfrescian
Loyal
hai fan chun is over rated. it use to be a cheap place to have seafood but nowadays it cost the same as sutera peking.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
hai fan chun is over rated. it use to be a cheap place to have seafood but nowadays it cost the same as sutera peking.

it depends on which one. i went there recently - the one where you drive all the way in till the last bit of the road - the food is cheap but quality sucks. the one (can vaguely recall the restaurant name has a "ling" character), food is quite exp but quality is superb (esp its huge crabs and signature golden bun)

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
where to find the best Nasi Lemak?

not sure the location - but theres one famous one in taman perling. restaurant called something like "mana lagi" or "satu lagi"

there is even a newspaper article reporting that the chef put black magic or drug in the nasi lemak, that's why people keep coming back for the nasi lemak. sounds outrageous .. but that suggests the stuff is good!

Another one is at "hai fan chun", the place famous for seafood. along the route to the seafood restaurants, you turn in an alley to the nasi lemak stall. A small humble looking stall, but its always full on weekends

Last edited:

Johorkaki

Alfrescian
Loyal
hmmm.... this thread seems a little quiet now :( Let's bring it back to life. There is plenty of good food to talk about in Johor :smile:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
hmmm.... this thread seems a little quiet now :( Let's bring it back to life. There is plenty of good food to talk about in Johor :smile:

I still follow your blog religiously man.......haha.......oh I tried Rosmarino (Italian restaurant) at the row of shops behind Plaza Pelangi. Quite gd and saw a few ang mo as well.......

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks 4 uncle-toms-tavern info.. Look cozy..
As quite hard to find gd western food in jb.
n I like to go to tis kind of ¨unknown" location..:biggrin:

Johorkaki

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are welcome :smile: What shall we discuss here? Actually I haven't tried much Western food as my focus has been on putting street hawkers (who has little publicity) on the Internet.
Thanks 4 uncle-toms-tavern info.. Look cozy..
As quite hard to find gd western food in jb.
n I like to go to tis kind of ¨unknown" location..:biggrin:

Johorkaki

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for your support. I haven't tried Rosmarino yet but have heard too that it's quite good :smile:
I still follow your blog religiously man.......haha.......oh I tried Rosmarino (Italian restaurant) at the row of shops behind Plaza Pelangi. Quite gd and saw a few ang mo as well.......

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are welcome :smile: What shall we discuss here? Actually I haven't tried much Western food as my focus has been on putting street hawkers (who has little publicity) on the Internet.

Johorkaki 哥哥

you can promote some pasar malam foods mah...unless yr work stop @ 5pm. :biggrin:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Give your love ones a surprise la.. :biggrin:

Chocolicious House
Food/Grocery
Taman Desa Tebrau, 81100 Johor Bahru
012-7100 886 / 017-2211 231

rogersk8ter

Alfrescian
Loyal
not sure the location - but theres one famous one in taman perling. restaurant called something like "mana lagi" or "satu lagi"

there is even a newspaper article reporting that the chef put black magic or drug in the nasi lemak, that's why people keep coming back for the nasi lemak. sounds outrageous .. but that suggests the stuff is good!

Another one is at "hai fan chun", the place famous for seafood. along the route to the seafood restaurants, you turn in an alley to the nasi lemak stall. A small humble looking stall, but its always full on weekends

Bro, can give GPS coordinates?
Must go must go. Please!

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you will be fine with standard common sense stuff. Its not that scary ar......haha

These include: (1) Looking around for suspicious characters before you go into/out of the car. (2) Not leaving anything visible in the car, especially bags, and packages. (3) Parking your car in well-lighted areas (4) If you can, do invest in a steering wheel lock. Though not fool-proof, it makes it more troublesome for them. (5) For ladies, carrying your handbag towards the inner side of the road, so that the bikers cant just grab them & go.

And always lock up your car even when going to petrol kiosk cashier ro pay money or just going away from your car for a short while. It always pay to be extra safe.

Sirius

Alfrescian
Loyal
Durians, though a seasonal fruit, is now possible to find durians throughout the year.
The same goes for mangosteens. Gone are those days where durians and mangosteens follow the same seasons.
You can also import all sorts of fruits from other countries, including kiwi and dates, etc. JB is a great stopover for
fruits-lovers, anyhow you look at it and fruits are larger and fresh generally there.

Sweeve

Alfrescian
Loyal

101% agree with you. It's just not value for money. The increase is price was probably due to the increased number of S'preans patronising that place/high sales volume and some food operators love to "chop" foreigners. Even the locals told me they avoid that place due to the obscene prices.

Last edited: