• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JB Food

tonto

Alfrescian
Loyal
I went to Taman Molek last weekend. A friend brought me to try this cafe My Liberica. The swiss roll (coffee flavour) is not bad. Its more a lifestyle cafe if you like coffee culture. A few shops away from this cafe there is a steamboat place. Did not try it but there was a large crowd. Unless I went to the wrong side of Taman Molek, the area does not appear as 'hip' as what I read in other parts of this forum. In fact, when we drove back to Sutera Mall area, my friends likened the Sutera area to Bangsar of KL (I never been to Bangsar so dont know how it looks like). They liked the buzz and the higher 'hip' factor. But maybe you will have a different adventure at Taman Molek. And while you are at Taman Molek, can check out SSF. Some of the home stuff are nice and reasonably priced. I also headed to Persada Johor to view the Homedec fair. That area gave me the creeps but managed to get much brochures for home reno.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha I happen to know Taman Molek reasonably well. These are some of the eateries you can consider. I have not included the more obvious ones like Secret Recipe, Old Town, Lavender, Tutti Frutti, and Baskin Robbins.........

Modern Revelation - http://www.facebook.com/modernrevelation

Hao hao steamboat - http://my-jbfoodie.blogspot.sg/2011/12/ho-ho-steamboat-restaurant.html

Korean BBQ restaurant, Han - http://blog1.gbinghan.com/2010/07/blog-post_14.html

My Liberica - http://www.facebook.com/pages/My-Liberica-Coffee/223872167624130
Try the mille crepe cake here, which are OEM from a home-based baker.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Overall, in terms of vibrancy, I think Taman Molek currently loses out to Austin and Sutera areas (No Blackball, Overtime, Library etc). However, Berinda is building a "Little Japan' township near the Molek Pines condos.

Perhaps it will be more vibrant when 'Little Japan' and the 2 other shophouse areas are built (1 opp. UOB at Ponderosa and the other 1 opp. Johor Jaya Police Station).

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
New Steamboat Restaurant at shop lots near Nusa Duta. It is opposite the Claypot Chicken Rice Shop.

CoCa is the name. A la carte style and charge by color of the plates like Sushi.

4pm start.

We have not tried it yet.

There is a "lor" shop call LU BANG (in chinese) Same row as Habbib.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
New Steamboat Restaurant at shop lots near Nusa Duta. It is opposite the Claypot Chicken Rice Shop.

CoCa is the name. A la carte style and charge by color of the plates like Sushi.

4pm start.

We have not tried it yet.

There is a "lor" shop call LU BANG (in chinese) Same row as Habbib.

i thought the steamboat shop is called COCO ? COCA is singapore one leh ...

tonto

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was at Maco Cafe & Bakery in Sutera yesterday. The mille crepe cakes were sooo good. Made from Hokkaido milk and butter, its rich, creamy and fresh yet do not leave a heavy fill after eating it. I had the caramel coffee cake while my friend had the strawberry cake. Both were good. The biscotti that came with the coffee was thin and crisp and flavourful. Too bad they don't sell them in packs. Iced lemon tea with the right blend of tea flavour, lemon and sugar was one of the better ones I have tried so far. The only gripe I have is the price tag. Cakes were MYR 8.50 a piece, ice lemon tea and coffee MYR 7.50 each, total damage came up to MYR 32. Like the free wifi, cold aircon and high ceilings, especially on a very hot afternoon like yesterday.

Some links about the cafe:
http://lots-of-stuffs.blogspot.sg/2012/02/maco-cafe-and-bakery-at-sutera-utama-jb.html
http://www.facebook.com/MacoCafeBakery

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone tried this Lu Bang shop before? I also passed by yesterday. Looks good from the flier. If anyone has tried, please share :smile:

some tried and commented initially was gd but subsequent visits are bad .... so i guess can give it a miss now until they are back to their standard.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
some tried and commented initially was gd but subsequent visits are bad .... so i guess can give it a miss now until they are back to their standard.

Haha I should feedback to the boss then. Any other comments about Lubang? This is the first of many Lubang shops planned....

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
u can see the FB i posted , a lot of comments wor ....

Thanks sis! Wah so many comments, dunno where are Lubang's comments. Company is looking to see how we can collaborate with Lubang. That's y I have been going into JB recently during working hours to eat.......haha

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes you are right, CoCo. :p

The hot sun dazzled my eyes and confused my memory. We were both hungry when we passed by and it was not ready to serve yet. So we went to Lu Bang to try. Not exactly the "Lor" that I like. Dark and 入味 is my preferred. Lu Bang has Duck tongue, feet, neck and one more stewed in this way but we are not fans of them.

i thought the steamboat shop is called COCO ? COCA is singapore one leh ...

tonto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jalan Indah 5/9. Many locals eat at the open space coffee shop. They sell satay, ngor hiong (MYR8.50 for century egg, tao kee, ngor hiong, crab claw and one plate of bee hoon), yong tao fu, cuttlefish kangkong (MYR6), BBQ stingray/sotong/lala (MYR10 for sambal chilli lala), kolo mee, bak kut teh, economy beehoon/rice, fried chicken (just chicken or with rice), chicken rice (white), char kuey teow, or jian, sweet dessert, drinks (home made barley and a can of coke MYR2.90). Opposite road there is a fruits stall (durian MYR20/kg for mao shan wang). Total dinner for two MYR 27.40. Price of food here is close to Singapore, just that its in ringgit :biggrin:

Place is along main road (red dot), with gas station (Petronas) on the left.
Street Food.jpg