• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JB Food

Hitesh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Folks, Any places around Nusajaya that serve vegetarian meals? veg Mock meats/ Indian Vegetarian e.t.c?

Hungryrick

Alfrescian
Loyal

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
For vegetarian meals,there is some around the Bukit Indah area (near MacDonalds), for a pretty nice one, there is one in Tampoi (behind the large lighting store)

Will update more when i am back as i am travelling right now

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I remember years ago eating wildboar meat in a JB shop noted for exotic meats. Anyone can remember the location?

Many place sell wild boar meat because there is just too many wild boar in Johore state. Just need to ask around. Ask those small hawker mostly will know.

markhida22

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can bros here recommend good place to go (near bukit indah) for Chinese New Year Eve reunion dinner?

I have just asked the Pekin restaurant at Sutera mall, and found all their tables for the 5pm and 8pm time slots are completely booked. Only the ones at 1pm slot are available for booking but that would be too early for reunion "Dinner".

Any recommendations?

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Try Cathay Restaurant at HOrizon Hills ClubHouse or Chef Wah next to Habib . Hopefully they are still available . :smile:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can bros here recommend good place to go (near bukit indah) for Chinese New Year Eve reunion dinner?

I have just asked the Pekin restaurant at Sutera mall, and found all their tables for the 5pm and 8pm time slots are completely booked. Only the ones at 1pm slot are available for booking but that would be too early for reunion "Dinner".

Any recommendations?

You can try the new Chinese restaurant located in the orange boxy building opposite Bukit Indah Jusco. Just next to Hotal Granada and McDonald. The name is Shi Li Fang. I have not tried before, but the place looks classy from the facebook photos, should be in the same league as Pekin restaurant at Sutera mall.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/ShiLiFang/146312035424847

darrkie.y

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi bros and sis,

anyone know where got mak mak stall selling telur ikan? ( fried fish eggs ). tried it at nasi kayu in Petaling Jaya and it's really nice.. dunno if JB have anot.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can try the new Chinese restaurant located in the orange boxy building opposite Bukit Indah Jusco. Just next to Hotal Granada and McDonald. The name is Shi Li Fang. I have not tried before, but the place looks classy from the facebook photos, should be in the same league as Pekin restaurant at Sutera mall.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/ShiLiFang/146312035424847

I just tried it yesterday! Was at a Setia function. It's honestly quite good. My CEO liked it a lot but for me, I still prefer Pekin & New Straits Garden. Hehe...

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some places where I enjoy the food a lot, just for sharing:-

Permas Jaya: 二重丸 (Jap restaurant also located near Sutera mall),Ah Sheng Lok Lok
Molek: Modern Revelations (Taiwanese-Jap steamboat), Tutti Frutti (Yogurt)
Pelangi: Chez Papa (French food), 味彩 (Jap food)
Johor Jaya: Ah Meng roasted duck, 家家乐苦瓜汤

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some places where I enjoy the food a lot, just for sharing:-

Permas Jaya: 二重丸 (Jap restaurant also located near Sutera mall),Ah Sheng Lok Lok
Molek: Modern Revelations (Taiwanese-Jap steamboat), Tutti Frutti (Yogurt)
Pelangi: Chez Papa (French food), 味彩 (Jap food)
Johor Jaya: Ah Meng roasted duck, 家家乐苦瓜汤

went 家家乐苦瓜汤 a few times ,the food is not bad but portion is pathetic . always feel that have not eaten even after our meals , ends up have to go other place to eat again , hahaha

Hungryrick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone know if the corner shop in Taman Sentosa still have that 药材鸡?

its is still there...the green colour shop is called Zhu Lin, or Bamboo restaurant, I sugguest u try the restuarant beside it..Teck Sing..their chicken is much better now..bamboo i heard had been sold away..to a new boss..thats standard cannot make it