• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

lynton

Alfrescian
Loyal
You asking? Don't invest in either one. Though prices in Singapore are going down, it's a safer place to invest with less political and currency risk and the government's push for higher population with limited land.

Any singapore property you can recommend?

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many pple talk as if its easy for a common school teacher or lawyer to own 2 or more properties in Singapore. Not all of us have rich parents who can leave $100k or $10 million when they kick the bucket.

In Singapore I can only afford one HDB which is the current one I am renting out...and that is it.

lynton

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many pple talk as if its easy for a common school teacher or lawyer to own 2 or more properties in Singapore. Not all of us have rich parents who can leave $100k or $10 million when they kick the bucket.

agree with you. must explore other option. coz 100-200k or 1 - 2 mil will not have a big impact

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Latest round of renaming. Nusajaya will be called "iskandar puteri" and Ledang is now Tangkak. Or is that the original name for tangkak which was named ledang now changed back to tangkak??

Anyway, Changes to take effect in 2016.

http://www.theedgeproperty.com.my/content/nusajaya-become-iskandar-puteri-2016

This is what Johor can do. Well done!!!

The authorities have no other better news to stir, so they hope that some renaming can keep Iskandar in the limelight.

kong1509

Alfrescian
Loyal
Progress Update for Setia Sky 88 (23/Feb 2016) :
================================

12743745_833500740092266_4611261127622362117_n.jpg

(1) Photo is taken from :
================
https://www.facebook.com/SouthernCorridorMalaysia/

(2) Other total 17 pages Nice SkyViews Photos:
--------------------------------------------------------
Nice SkyViews (DAY North/South/East/West views & NIGHT North/South East/West views) taken from Tower A/B/C to share ALL...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2phwqqbhdj...81).pdf?dl=0

Dear All,

(1) Tower B - Have been built up to Level 52, Target to complete on Apr 2017
(Balance 10 units of Bumi Released Lots Not yet sold)

(2) Tower C - Have been built up to Level 53, Target to complete on Apr 2017
(Balance 50% of Bumi Released Lots Not yet sold)

(3) Tower A - Have been built up to Level 40, Target to complete on Apr 2018
(All fully booked for International and Bumi Released Lots, but pending the bank loan approval ??)

Cheers...

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for sharing. What's the asking price? Btw, I see Senai Airport in their map. Did UEM-Sunrise make an error?

I'm not too sure but likely in the range of $7xxk RM for an intermediate terrace, which is a huge discount from nearby Eco-Botanic. Take artist's impression with a huge tablespoon of salt.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not too sure but likely in the range of $7xxk RM for an intermediate terrace, which is a huge discount from nearby Eco-Botanic. Take artist's impression with a huge tablespoon of salt.

Gerbang Nusajaya is the terminal for HSR. I believed there's a planned LRT or BRT from there to Legoland area and the route is along the new highway, passing by Pinewood Studios which is going to be completed soon. Presently the entrance to highway is blocked. Btw, watch out for the 3 storey retail shophouses along this highway.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Melia Residences

http://melia-residences.com/

Location is good. Price is reasonable. Can buy.

The launching date was supposed to be yesterday at the Mall of Medini.
Anyone went or was it actually launched as scheduled?

The terrace houses are priced from RM600K to RM900K and schedule to be completed in 2012 according to the website..
But when the MD and CEO Anwar Syahrin Abdul Ajib was interviewed last week, he said "houses within the price of RM400,000 to RM500,000 such as Melia Residences in Gerbang, Nusajaya would sell"
RM400K to RM500K for new terrace houses?
If he said RM400K to RM500K would sell well last week and yet priced them from RM600K to RM900K now.
What is this MD and CEO talking about?
Anyway, he also said that "UEM Sunrise Bhd has revised its sales target to RM1.5bil from RM2bil for 2016 in light of the current scenario in the property market".

http://www.thestar.com.my/business/...19/uem-sunrise-revises-downward-sales-target/

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal

The terrace houses are priced from RM600K to RM900K and schedule to be completed in 2012 according to the website..
But when the MD and CEO Anwar Syahrin Abdul Ajib was interviewed last week, he said "houses within the price of RM400,000 to RM500,000 such as Melia Residences in Gerbang, Nusajaya would sell"
If he said RM400K to RM500K would sell well last week and yet priced them from RM600K to RM900K now.
Anyway, he also said that "UEM Sunrise Bhd has revised its sales target to RM1.5bil from RM2bil for 2016 in light of the current scenario in the property market".

http://www.thestar.com.my/business/...19/uem-sunrise-revises-downward-sales-target/

KUALA LUMPUR (April 22): UEM Sunrise Bhd will launch Melia Residences, the first freehold landed strata residential development in Gerbang Nusajaya, Iskandar Malaysia, this Saturday with selling prices from RM596,000 to RM1.5 million.

The company’s chief operating officer (commercial) Raymond Cheah said phase one of Melia Residences comprises 125 units of 2-storey terraced houses with built-up sizes ranging from 2,006 sq ft to 2,594 sq ft.

“Currently, there are 901 interested buyers who have registered with us. I am confident all the units in the first phase will be sold before we launch the second phase in June,” he told reporters during the press conference of UEM Sunrise’s marketing campaign “Signature Selection – Rendezvous in France 2016”.

Phase two of Melia Residences consists of 150 units of 2-storey terraced houses.

The first and second phases of Melia Residences have a gross development value (GDV) of RM196 million and are estimated to be completed by 2019.

“The 73.64-acre Melia Residences will offer 625 units with three layout selections. The third and fourth phases will be unveiled next year,” he said.

Cheah noted that the development is about 800m from the proposed High Speed Rail (HSR) station, which could be the main catalyst of capital appreciation for the property market in Gerbang Nusajaya.

Melia Residences is one of the projects under UEM Sunrise’s “Signature Selection – Rendezvous in France 2016” campaign, where buyers will have an opportunity to participate in a lucky draw – 28 winners will go to France to watch the quarter-final, semi-final or grand final matches of European Football 2016.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

The soft launch should be a few months already. Most buyers should be locals, given the RM $1mil threshold for foreigners. Given the strong bookings, most units should be taken up upon official launch.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
The pre-preview VVIPs and staff got it for RM 400+ after heavy discount. Another type of development aimed at protecting the local company staff and sucking outsiders. Imagine they can sell at market value of RM 700 or even RM 1 million to stupid Singaporeans. This type of developments I don't even bother to visit even when I can buy it at RM 500k+ now

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
The pre-preview VVIPs and staff got it for RM 400+ after heavy discount. Another type of development aimed at protecting the local company staff and sucking outsiders. Imagine they can sell at market value of RM 700 or even RM 1 million to stupid Singaporeans. This type of developments I don't even bother to visit even when I can buy it at RM 500k+ now

Protect their own people first.

Read many reports Iskandar will succeed only if they can attract foreigners to invest there. They know that to foreigners, eg Singaporeans, pricing it at RM1 mil is still considered cheap.

Condos in Medini and Danga Bay were bought at RM750 to RM800 psf! Can sell next time to other buyers?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Imagine they can sell at market value of RM 700 or even RM 1 million to stupid Singaporeans. This type of developments I don't even bother to visit even when I can buy it at RM 500k+ now

Singaporeans cannot touch anything below $1 mil RM valuation. This project is meant for locals. $400k+ is probably breakeven price. Demand for this launch is very high.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans cannot touch anything below $1 mil RM valuation. This project is meant for locals. $400k+ is probably breakeven price. Demand for this launch is very high.

This project should be targeting SPRs due to its proximity to the 2nd Link and senior civil servants working in the nearby Kota Iskandar offices.
But the site is still an old plantation waiting to be cleared and levelled and the scheduled completion date is 2021, at least 5 to 6 years later if no delay (but expect the usual delay).
Construction of terrace houses usually takes only about 18 months, I guess the long time frame is due to land clearance, planning and construction of essential amenities like roads system, sewerage, electric supply etc. which normally takes forever to complete.
But 5, 6 years is a very long time to wait.