• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can taxi drivers earn $4000 per month??

RandomMonkey

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was talking to a taxi driver the other day and he said he can earn $4000 a month or even more. His secret is that he never picks and chooses his passengers, nor does he play hide-and-seek at critical time periods to wait for surcharges to kick in. He just picks up whoever he sees on the street and goes wherever they want to go. He says he drives 12-13 hours a day, with approximately 3 breaks of 20-25 minutes each throughout the day.

On the other hand, another taxi driver I met said 'life is tough', he claimed to be struggling to make ends meet, and laughed when I said taxi drivers can earn $4000 or more. He told me his real earnings were more like $1800 per month.

Who is telling the truth?

Can taxi drivers really earn this kind of income?

Is it true that those who don't play games with the rules actually earn more? If so, why do they still insist on picking and choosing destinations and playing hide-and-seek all the time?

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I believe because he work hard.
average 12 hour/day and 350~360day/year consider he take off and sick few day.
Those working in office average work 9hr/day and 200 day/year after minus leave.
So $4k/month is not much consider he put double the working hour/year.

Y

Yip Hon

i cam see that u are new here.

and in need of rep pts.

i also want rep pts.

i up yrs u up mine ok?

just to start the ball rolling:

my next door neighbour , 5 rm hdb,

Mohd is a taxi driver and

he earns $4k to $6k per mth...

...to be con't

i just pm u. tks

mako65

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some do have regular customers like those working in CBD areas and working ladies of the night!

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
On the other hand, another taxi driver I met said 'life is tough', he claimed to be struggling to make ends meet, and laughed when I said taxi drivers can earn $4000 or more. He told me his real earnings were more like $1800 per month.

taxi driver tough job. no public holidays rest, no off, no leave. no company welfare unlike normal jobs.

my cabby friend works day shift. around 12hrs daily 24/7/365. he sometimes go back home afternoon and sleep for short while. real earnings $2200-$2500. his relief driver now goes 1 week holiday. he has to drive day and night.

Last edited:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My friend works from 5pm till 2am, he earned $100 a day he will go home liao, meaning around $3k

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes those who drink lots of red bull, work from early morning to late evening.
very hard work. if you consider the number of hours they work, it is comparable to other jobs.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never thought of it. But if I were taxi driver, I wud do lots of sidelines. Co-pimp. Co-deal. Co-cater. Co-preach. Co-broke. Anything to make (or share) a buck I guess.

Cheers!

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Never thought of it. But if I were taxi driver, I wud do lots of sidelines. Co-pimp. Co-deal. Co-cater. Co-preach. Co-broke. Anything to make (or share) a buck I guess.

Cheers!

Last time bring passenger to Geylang for $150 fuck, get $30 tips from pimp.Coz pimp up it to $200. No idea what's the landscape nowadays.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Regular Clients ?

346.jpg

I was talking to a taxi driver the other day and he said he can earn $4000 a month or even more. His secret is that he never picks and chooses his passengers, nor does he play hide-and-seek at critical time periods to wait for surcharges to kick in. He just picks up whoever he sees on the street and goes wherever they want to go. He says he drives 12-13 hours a day, with approximately 3 breaks of 20-25 minutes each throughout the day.

Who is telling the truth?

Even insurance agents that primarily serve rich clients will also be rich too. Taxi ? White Mercs with regulars ? Maybe.

Charlie258

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it possible to play the Stock Market for 30 years and never take a loss?

Is it possible to play the Property Market for 30 years and never get foreclosed and bank-seizure'd and auctioned off?

Is it possible to play commodities, forex, futures, options, warrants; and never take a loss?

If you can answer the above, then you will know the answer to the $4000/month Taxi driver income riddle. The obvious answer: some people can, most people can't.

But just because most people can't, does not mean it is impossible.

But for those who can't, it is in their interest to tear down all those who can, to make them out to be frauds and liars. Because the mere existence of the "cans" will expose the "can'ts" for what they really are: a bunch of Losers!!!!!

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
any business can make money ..it whether they know how to do it ...some garang guni man can make 5k-8k amonth too .