• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

DPP Tsai Ing-wen the first female elected president of Taiwan, ROC

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Watched 全民开讲 hosted by Li Tao late night.

Wah say, the show is blue and blue throughout. It had only one message to drive home - A vote for Ma is a vote for political stability, economic growth and honest governance. Sounds familiar eh.... :rolleyes:

Cher Wang's endorsement of Ma was played up to the max, while Uncle Lee's support for Tsai was dismissed as a step back for Taiwan.

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ma is indecisive and arrogant, but he is not corrupt and I believe he really wants to make the country better. He is the lesser of the evils.

Tsai is so evasive with her answers on key issues that it makes us wonder what she will be like when she is in power.
Already people are concerned about politicians who can spin a good tale and say the right things but can't deliver.
Can u imagine voting for someone who is already spinning bullshit even before she is in power?
Her typical answers to questions on key issues are "I will consider this" or "I have already answered this previously" or "This is not relevant to our discussion".

Ture, Ma is deemed incompetent. But he is clean and sincere in wanting to do his job well. His is lucky to marry his current wife Zhou Mei Qing, who carries herself well. Her 90 degrees bow and simple dresscode makes her very approachable and well-liked.

Tsai is evasive and cannot be trusted. During ther early years in policitcal office handling Cross-Straits relations when Ah Bian was President, she disobeyed orders and refused to implement friendly policies with China from the top. Ah Bian was a flip-flop true, and there were times when he wanted to express friendliness to China but Tsai refused to do it. She is DPP hardcore arse who wants independence for Taiwan up to this day but keeps playing with words to give impression that its for Taiwanese people pride and dignity. This time she wanted a clear margin of win and she threw up a coalition government idea to help pull votes. Imagine, when Ma is President, he invited Tsai to talk and discuss over how to move the country ahead, Tsai gave excuses of 'Not Free' or the topics of discussion were not their 'interest' etc.. It's obvious she is signing blank cheques just to win first without intention to deliver. How can such a person of poor character be President. She is a rich man's daughter with tons of wealth to survive for the rest of her life even if Taiwan sinks into recession for next 50 years. She is willing to gamble away Taiwan's economic well-being fo her personal lofty dream of Taiwan's independence. Even her deputy, is in hot soup, unwilling to explain his source of income when he is paying tens of thousands of dollars in insurance bills monthly. ChiuYi rightfully poked this fella, on how on earth is he doing to get his money when the insurance bills per month is already more than the pay cheque of a Vice-President.

Come to think of it, Taiwan's colorful politics is interesting. It helps to see politics RAW without the media censorship and propaganda machineries to blind the public. :smile:

Last edited:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
My own prediction: Ma will retain with a razor margin. Soong will no longer get good grades.

KMT (Ma) - 47% +-
DPP (Tsai) - 45% +-
PFP (Soong) - 8% +-

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wah say, the show is blue and blue throughout. It had only one message to drive home - A vote for Ma is a vote for political stability, economic growth and honest governance. Sounds familiar eh.... :rolleyes:

Cher Wang's endorsement of Ma was played up to the max, while Uncle Lee's support for Tsai was dismissed as a step back for Taiwan.

U are not the only one but the common public perception which I think is not entirely true. If you watched their shows throughout the years, they also whacked Ma before. I find this show objective, base on evidences and sound reasoning. Looking at the guests, many are pro independent and ex- DPP founding members.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
My own prediction: Ma will retain with a razor margin. Soong will no longer get good grades.

KMT (Ma) - 47% +-
DPP (Tsai) - 45% +-
PFP (Soong) - 8% +-

It predicted if Soong gets more than 5%, Ma will lose. That because most of those votes are from the blue camp.

My prediction
KMT 49%
DPP 46%
PFP 4%
Spoil 1%

Legislative election
KMT- 48%
DPP- 37%
PFP- 8%
TSU- 4%
NP - 3%

Last edited:

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
3 of them are bad, watching their debates, they juz accusing each other. LOL:biggrin:
of all the bad apples, pick a better one.:biggrin:

the team of Tsai Ing-wen, not sure whether it is all but there are members who are ex ah bian kar kia.
if Tsai really become the president, as an asia country culture, imho, she cant convince ppl to obey or respect cuz she is a lady unless she is the modern empress dowager.:biggrin:
lastly, as a lady, u tink the ex ah bian followers will not overwrite or overrule her decisions? i believe they sure gang up against her and using her as a puppet.

jw5

Loyal
Ture, Ma is deemed incompetent. But he is clean and sincere in wanting to do his job well. His is lucky to marry his current wife Zhou Mei Qing, who carries herself well. Her 90 degrees bow and simple dresscode makes her very approachable and well-liked.

The next president should be Mrs Ma. The week after her husband became president, she still took a public bus to work, I believe she was a legal consultant in a financial institution. But the reporters kept chasing her and taking her peekture, that eventually, she stopped taking the bus, and later on resigned from her job.
She is exactly what the Taiwanese people need. Let the husband be the first gentleman. :biggrin:

As for Tsai, she may or may not do a better job, but there is someone in her camp who is very cunning and looking to get into power again - former DPP presidential candidate Hsieh Changting.

jw5

Loyal
one thing im not sure is whether this Soong guy is diluting Ma's votes or Tsai's votes.:confused:

Probably Ma, because he is still seen by most of Taiwan as being pro blue, even though he has fallen out with most of their members.

One thing I don't understand about the Taiwanese is after the last 2 presidents, why they don't look upon Ma as an angel, despite all his flaws. :biggrin:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It predicted if Soong gets more than 5%, Ma will lose. That because most of those votes are from the blue camp.

My prediction
KMT 49%
DPP 46%
PFP 4%
Spoil 1%

Legislative election
KMT- 48%
DPP- 37%
PFP- 8%
TSU- 4%
NP - 3%

my presidential predication same.

legislative - are you talking about seats percentages or just party votes?
think KMT will clinch a legislative majority even if Ma lose. only KMT and DPP will win party seats. PFP might get 5%. TSU and NP unlikely.
Soong presidential votes is higher than PFP party votes.
DPP will not win a legislative majority unless Tsai wins with 49-50%.

Last edited:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

you got watch 大話新聞? objective or not? :wink:

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Probably Ma, because he is still seen by most of Taiwan as being pro blue, even though he has fallen out with most of their members.

One thing I don't understand about the Taiwanese is after the last 2 presidents, why they don't look upon Ma as an angel, despite all his flaws. :biggrin:

That because people in the south will always support DPP with very little sense of what right or wrong. Their opinion had largely been shaped the the pro green media and those underground radio station. It thought that the base support for DPP is around 42% which is very high. And it doesn't help when KMT had not been proactively debunking those lies and propaganda spread by DPP and their media. So much so people accept lies as truth when it told too often.

Though Ma did much better than CsB, he over promise in the previous election. He didn't met his targets of achieve 6% growth, pull inflation and unemployment down to 3%. This will further erode his support amongst the centrists. His unreasonable overtures to the green camp in the past 4 years also piss off his own pro blue supporters. Some of them will turn to support James Soong instead.

Last edited:

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
my presidential predication same.

legislative - are you talking about seats percentages or just party votes?
think KMT will clinch a legislative majority even if Ma lose. only KMT and DPP will win party seats. PFP might get 5%. TSU and NP unlikely.
Soong presidential votes is higher than PFP party votes.
DPP will not win a legislative majority unless Tsai wins with 49-50%.

It percentage. If a party didnt clear 5% threshold, then it won't get a single seat.

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal

i said it will be ma not because it know anything about taiwan politic. it was a bai zhi expert who confirmed ma will be president after reading his bai zhi. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: hard to believe leh. just wait and see. this expert is not the normal so called 'expert' the everyone is calling themselves.

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal
As for Tsai, she may or may not do a better job, but there is someone in her camp who is very cunning and looking to get into power again - former DPP presidential candidate Hsieh Changting.

Hsieh Changting is even more dirty. He is branded as the grandmaster of "Ao Bor", or "dirty tricks", especially just before elections he would throw scandalous news with no substantial evidence to discredit opponents. Once after election, even if the investigation proved that he was wrong in his accusations, election was over and whatever results will have to be accepted. Ironically Hsieh is also called Frank. He has not lived up to the meaning of the word frank. Luckily DPP got funny characters inside that make the whole election and Taiwan politics interesting. KMT on the other hand is boring. :smile:

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal
動物園辦尾牙 郭台銘祝賀馬連任

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EDf0nFmCZ_o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

首富的氣度?記者會拒壹傳媒、三立、自由

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qhqbvVci7e0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>