• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Crumbling of Singapore?

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just wait till your taxes are used to pay a dope smoking MP that looks like this..

His platform was the legalisation of marijuana. That's all he ever talked about.

Imagine bringing up a kid in NZ and trying to explain the harm that drugs can cause when there's a member of parliament exhorting the benefits of smoking dope on a regular basis. :eek:

Google "Nándor Tánczos" if you want more info. I rest my case.

I am a big fan of ron paul and he sarport legalisation as well.... I personally dun

fortunately or unfortunately depending on where you stand, the sinkie society will not accept this so no worries ...

your point also cant be construt as a defense of PAP, just because NZ have f-up MP doesnt mean that PAP MP are not f-up in their own ways

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
your point also cant be construt as a defense of PAP, just because NZ have f-up MP doesnt mean that PAP MP are not f-up in their own ways

I'm merely pointing out that no matter which country you live in, there'll be bad apples in the barrel but it doesn't mean the whole country is "crumbling".

And if you describe Singapore as "crumbling", then NZ has already been reduced to rubble both literally and figuratively. :p Society here is decaying rapidly and the moral decadence has to be seen to be believed. I like it here simply because of the wide open spaces and the relative anarchy which allows me to pretty much do as I please. It's not for everyone though and I certainly wouldn't want to raise my children here.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm merely pointing out that no matter which country you live in, there'll be bad apples in the barrel but it doesn't mean the whole country is "crumbling".

And if you describe Singapore as "crumbling", then NZ has already been reduced to rubble both literally and figuratively. :p Society here is decaying rapidly and the moral decadence has to be seen to be believed. I like it here simply because of the wide open spaces and the relative anarchy which allows me to pretty much do as I please. It's not for everyone though and I certainly wouldn't want to raise my children here.

It seems like the "grass is greener on the other side" for you. You have shown yourself to be ungrateful. if you speak so well of the pap and singapore's system and is so fed-up with NZ, why dont you return to SG?

I am sure NZ wont miss you

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The reason I am in SG is I love SG..I wont migrate because I dislike the pap. On the contrary, it builds my resolve to see pap crumble before it destroys SG.

Why are you in NZ when you dislike NZ and the NZ govt? werent you from SG?

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you have to live in Singapore and go through the daily grind of earning a living, it is understandable that people tend to blame their lot on the govt. However, you have to ask yourself whether any other government could do any better.

Many of life's problems would exist no matter where you live and who is in power. We all want to earn more, work less, enjoy cheaper public transport, lower taxes, more holidays etc. If you think the MRT is bad and taxis are expensive in Singapore, wait till you take a 15 minute taxi ride in Auckland and the bill is $40 bucks! As for the MRT.. I'll probably be dead before the first train pulls out of the station.

I think it not just bout bad or goot... but the worsening trend is worrying...

if things are bad but improving, I will be happy

ok goot pt

Last edited:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are entitled to your utopian view of SG and I respect that...but please respect my view of an imperfect Sg that needs change soon and not try to run me down. Likewise I respect a foreigner's view if they think SG is wonderful but they shd not try to run Singaporeans down and paint them as ignorant or ungrateful because they dont experience what Singaporeans go through and are in no position to comment on Singaporeans

ah... u also never experience National Service yet you like to kpkb about National Service. Please do what you preach, never experience National Service so you have no position to comment on national service.

by the way, ah sam boss very free hor, can have patience to exchange views with a stubborn woman.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
It seems like the "grass is greener on the other side" for you. You have shown yourself to be ungrateful. if you speak so well of the pap and singapore's system and is so fed-up with NZ, why dont you return to SG?

I am sure NZ wont miss you

NZ is a lifestyle choice. I enjoy mountain biking, hiking, photography, fishing etc. Governments didn't come into the equation in my decision.

I'm "fed up" with the government here and I'd be "fed up" with the govt if I lived in Singapore. However, I don't dwell on the issue. I've brought it up here simply to illustrate the points I am making.

In my daily life, what the NZ govt is doing hardly crosses my mind. I concentrate on things which are directly within my control such as which spot to go for my fishing tomorrow and which trail I'll ride my bike through on Sunday.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Why are you in NZ when you dislike NZ and the NZ govt? werent you from SG?

I love NZ for the reasons I've just described. My enjoyment of NZ has nothing to do with the govt. It makes no difference to me who is in power. I live my own life and make the very best of what is on offer.

I enjoyed my life in Singapore too until it became too crowded and no longer suited my lifestyle.

I'm a positive person and always look for ways to enrich my life regardless of my circumstances. If something happens in NZ that impinges upon my daily routine, I'll look around for some other place to settle down in.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
i see a business opportunity!!! time to dish out ten year series on "What you can do for your retirement!" :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

What business opportunity do you see that has not been spotted by someone else?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
damn... and i forgot most Singaporeans have to work till they drop dead... :eek::eek::eek:

On the contrary. Thanks to the PAP, many Singaporeans are in a position to cash out and retire elsewhere. It's only the fear of the unknown and the lack of the spirit of adventure that keeps Singaporeans rooted to the only turf they know.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
It's only the fear of the unknown and the lack of the spirit of adventure that keeps Singaporeans rooted to the only turf they know.

i thought the exodus started in the 80s and has continued ever since? those whom are financially able could choose to cash out, what about the poor?

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
i thought the exodus started in the 80s and has continued ever since? those whom are financially able could choose to cash out, what about the poor?

In NZ, there are plenty of poor from Malaysia, India, South Africa etc who arrive with very little money. They make good. I'm sure Singaporeans could do likewise if they had the determination.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
In NZ, there are plenty of poor from Malaysia, India, South Africa etc who arrive with very little money. They make good. I'm sure Singaporeans could do likewise if they had the determination.

i'm heartened to know that those folks made good there in NZ :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

i think i can join you pretty soon :p:p:p

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
You missed the gist of my point...I am saying wld someone like him be elected as an MP by the SG electorate?

The answer is an obvious NO and it is for this reason that Singapore is a better place than NZ in many ways. Drugs are far less of a problem in Singapore thanks to the tough measures the govt takes and the general disapproval of the drugs culture by most Singaporeans.

Bring up a child in Singapore and his chances of ending up a drug addict are low.

In NZ, most kids have experimented with dope by the time they're 14.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ah... u also never experience National Service yet you like to kpkb about National Service. Please do what you preach, never experience National Service so you have no position to comment on national service.

by the way, ah sam boss very free hor, can have patience to exchange views with a stubborn woman.

I dont need to experience NS to speak out against NS. It's morally wrong, unrighteous and unconstitutional to discriminate against SG guys and force them to serve NS. and if I can speak out so vociferiously against NS, why are you so b.lless, condoning and quietly accepting NS and chiding me for speaking out?