• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Crumbling of Singapore?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It really depend on Ministers' salary, if the cut is great... Some may leave politics to seek better prospect else where...

Capabilities and $$$ rewards comes hand in hand!

I am hoping that the cut will be deep enough to weed out the mercenaries. If the cut is deep, those who stay to serve deserve our honour and respect. and the Cabinet is likely to do better with such people

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With present poor pap leadership and the dearth of talent, it's a golden opportunity for Opposition Parties to go for pap's jugular at the next GE. Hopefully that will stop SG's crumbling and make life better for the average Singaporean.

back to my point. How many CSMs equivalent can the alternative parties find?

If everything remains like it is today, PAP's votes will further erode come 2016 but they will still be the government. Why, simply because the masses are afraid of overnight change. It is simply unthinkable and unacceptable by them.

By then, I think LHL will have a full hand in making his mark - free from the bridle of his dad. However, sadly or fortunately, he won't have too long before he need to prepare to handover to another seat warmer for his son...and the legacy will somehow repeat again.

It is just not as simple as the handful of us here talking about it in SBF.

The next election will thus be interesting & crucial.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
on the contrary, he could have kept at least WKS. But he quickly removed him, taking a risk with new faces. Don't forget, he has a pack of them as Ministers in PMO.

It isn't the lack of depth per say, he is doing it to "please" the masses.

WKS? hasnt he done enough damage?

who in PMO is good Ministerial quality?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The next election will thus be interesting & crucial.

It will still be 60% simply because that is the percentage of the Singaporean electorate that can see through the falsehoods that the opposition parties perpetuate and realise what an excellent party the PAP is.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am hoping that the cut will be deep enough to weed out the mercenaries. If the cut is deep, those who stay to serve deserve our honour and respect. and the Cabinet is likely to do better with such people

it is not just the minister's pay we are talking about here...henceforth, the pay of the civil servants will be based on the that formula.

yes, I agree that right now, their pay is huge and does not reflect the responsibilities but too deep you are impacting those on the ground.

civil service is not just ministers - also your uncles & aunties in various government agencies.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes, the pap cabinet and the MPs are indeed 2nd or 3rd rate. and more able Singaporeans will not join the pap because of its bad brand name. how the tide has changed in the last few years..

Look at the quality of the PAP MP's...they ride on the coat tails of the brand name to get into parliament, not by their own merits. What sort of meritocracy is Singapore espousing? See the dearth of silence on the part of 80 MP's on the SMRT debacle? Are not the commuters the very people that "voted" them in? So their loyalty is for their voters or for the party? Are they waiting for a cue from TPTB otherwise they will put their foot in their mouths?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
By then, I think LHL will have a full hand in making his mark - free from the bridle of his dad. However, sadly or fortunately, he won't have too long before he need to prepare to handover to another seat warmer for his son...and the legacy will somehow repeat again.

LHL has been PM for many years. does he need more time to make his mark?

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
red amoeba said:
back to my point. How many CSMs equivalent can the alternative parties find?

If everything remains like it is today, PAP's votes will further erode come 2016 but they will still be the government. Why, simply because the masses are afraid of overnight change. It is simply unthinkable and unacceptable by them.

I agree with you that with no additional talents, the opposition can achieve at most the one-third number of seats with a popular vote count of 46 %.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Look at the quality of the PAP MP's...they ride on the coat tails of the brand name to get into parliament, not by their own merits. What sort of meritocracy is Singapore espousing? See the dearth of silence on the part of 80 MP's on the SMRT debacle? Are not the commuters the very people that "voted" them in? So their loyalty is for their voters or for the party? Are they waiting for a cue from TPTB otherwise they will put their foot in their mouths?

well said. i agree. that's why i hv not high regards for pap leaders. i see them as obedient yes-men

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only reason why they had to bring in non muslim foreigners is because while the 80% of the population stopped at 2, the Malays carried on with their merry ways. Had the trend continued, Muslims would outnumber the non muslims today. It doesn't take a mathematician to work this out. Anyone can do it on a hand held calculator.

Had LKY succeeded in getting all the ethnic groups to operate at replacement levels and no higher, the FT policy could have been implemented in a much more selective manner.

Your statements are quite baseless if not oxymoronic .Because it was common for us Chinese to have large families.A family of 5 to 10 was the norm among Chinese families in the 50s.The very reason why some countries banned importation of Chinese women into their countries long ago.Malays on the other hand adhered to their religion .Any child is god's gift is their belief.Therefore they don't go out of their way for birth control.

The point being ,neither the Chinese nor the Malays out-breed each other for political reasons.Whereas you and LKY are tainting it with politics.Now,let's get to the bottom your calculator,your assertions that' LKY succeeded in getting all the ethnic groups to operate at replacement levels and no higher' is absolutely false.If we left Singapore at the mercy of it's natural progression say with the assumption whatever the % of racial mix maybe .....The total number of current population today will not be the same.The population today will be far less.There are solid proves as per the statistics of the World Bank.

Here's the proof----http://www.google.com.sg/publicdata/explore?ds=d5bncppjof8f9_&met_y=sp_pop_totl&idim=country:SGP&dl=en&hl=en&q=singapore+population

Look at the Singapore's population graph as provided by the world bank.From 1960 to 1970 & from 1970 to 1980.--where PAP FT policy was non existence...the population growth was constant....Only from 1980 to 2010 it shoots up towards the sky.Due of course to the wanton importation of foreigners.

Now,lets compare this with the very cite you provided......http://toolserver.org/~al/visualize...+population&columns=all&width=1000&height=500

1970;-Chinese 77%--Malays 14.8%
1980;_Chinese 78.3%---Malays 14.4%
1990..Chinese 77.7%----Malays 14.1%
2000;Chinese 76.8%-----Malays 13.9%
2010 Chinese 74.1%......Malays 13.4%

You are blatantly lying Sam.Because the Malays were declining percentage wise in the last 40 years CONSITENTLY .What is even more interesting is that the Chinese were increasing percentage wise during 1970 1990---which does not support your or LKY policy to flood Singapore with foreigners to balance the racial thingy.

Either you blindly regurgitating LKY mantra....or you are hoping nobody will see through your bluff.

Because now you are caught with your own 'proof' so as to speak.

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Look at the quality of the PAP MP's...they ride on the coat tails of the brand name to get into parliament,

The WP is no different. Just look at the number who entered parliament by hiding inside LTK's chinaman underwear.