• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Crumbling of Singapore?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I read the situation perfectly. Those who are capable and hardworking fully support the PAP. Those who are lazy and want handouts are against the PAP.

Thankfully there are more hardworking Singaporeans than there are lazy ones so the future is bright.

Are the following not hardworking and not successful?

CST, JBJ, FS, CSJ, PT, LTK, SL, ML, AYG, NTD, TLH, etc.

They are the faces of strong pap critics. Behind these faces are many more successful, rich and hardworking Singaporeans who are against the pap and speak up strongly.

Do the above people prove you wrong that those who speak up are lazy and unsuccessful?

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
You are very boastful, thinking that you know Singapore and Singaporeans well. Even the pap acknowledged that they dont understanding the anger of Singaporeans.

1. Even George didnt understand and asked "Why this angst against the PAP?"
2. Josephine Teo asked, "Why this anger against PAP?"

They dont know and you claim you know? What foolishness

I could not care less about the anger of lazy, unsuccessful Singaporeans. They of little consequence and form a distinct minority.

All the Singaporeans that I do know are part of the 60% who support the PAP. None of them are angry with the government. All of them are appreciative of the PAP for creating a safe and secure environment where hard work and enterprise is rewarded.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I could not care less about the anger of lazy, unsuccessful Singaporeans. They of little consequence and form a distinct minority.

All the Singaporeans that I do know are part of the 60% who support the PAP. None of them are angry with the government. All of them are appreciative of the PAP for creating a safe and secure environment where hard work and enterprise is rewarded.

you misspelt cronyism

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Are the following not hardworking and not successful?

CST, JBJ, FS, CSJ, PT, LTK, SL, ML, AYG, NTD, TLH, etc.

They are the faces of strong pap critics. Behind these faces are many more successful, rich and hardworking Singaporeans who are against the pap and speak up strongly.

Do the above people prove you wrong that those who speak up are lazy and unsuccessful?

By naming the above, you have just proven my point. All of the above are either delusional, ill informed, crazy, fanatical or hell bent on self destruction.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

yes, singaporeans are angry because cronyism is rewarded

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
By naming the above, you have just proven my point. All of the above are either delusional, ill informed, crazy, fanatical or hell bent on self destruction.

i am glad you admit that they are hardworking and successful. you forgot to add that they have courage to stand up and speak the truth

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
i am glad you admit that they are hardworking and successful. you forgot to add that they have courage to stand up and speak the truth

Delusional people don't know what the truth is in the first place. They live in their own artificial reality far removed from the real world.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Delusional people don't know what the truth is in the first place. They live in their own artificial reality far removed from the real world.

that's true...Francis Seow and JBJ were Solicitors General and they know the truth. Those who think that FS and JBJ know not what they said are themselves foolish, delusional and dont know the truth.

you think you know more truths than FS and JBJ? you think FS and JBJ didnt know what they said?

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Just look at all the admiring gazes. It is so obvious that the majority of Singaporeans love LHL and his government.

fj03PMLEE2801e.jpg

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just look at all the admiring gazes. It is so obvious that the majority of Singaporeans love LHL and his government.

if what you said is correct and the picture shows Singaporeans admiring LHL, then North Korea's Kim Jong-Un is the world's most popular leader

Last edited:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
"Poor service" is relative. Until you have had to put up with the MRT systems in other countries, you will not realise what a fantastic system the SMRT is despite the recent hiccups.

No infrastructure system has zero downtime. Parts wear and things break. It is how the organisation responds to setbacks that is important and the PAP has always reacted in a responsible manner to any issue.

Singaporeans should rally behind their leaders in order to take Singapore to new heights. Constant criticism does nothing for the country or its residents.

This year alone we have had at least seven train disruptions. Has New Zealand ever had such a record? Hong Kong? The Metro?

Do you know of any government that approves fare hikes despite declining service standards?

Also do you know of any major transportation operator in the world which focusses on making money from the retail space rather than spend on infrastructure maintenance and upgrading?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
This year alone we have had at least seven train disruptions. Has New Zealand ever had such a record? Hong Kong? The Metro?

Do you know of any government that approves fare hikes despite declining service standards?

The London Underground gets worse every year and fares keep going up. I should know I'm there at least twice a year.

New Zealand has no MRT system to break down. Kiwis have been waiting for 30 years for something to be built and the first metre of track has yet to laid.

The existing railway network has gone bust twice in the last 20 years and has had to be rescued by the taxpayer.

Also do you know of any major transportation operator in the world which focusses on making money from the retail space rather than spend on infrastructure maintenance and upgrading?

Yes the HK MTR system. You can read all about it at http://westnorth.com/2013/09/23/a-glance-at-hong-kong-mtrs-retail-results/

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
AJ-GRC, EC-GRC, H-SMC, JC-SMC, MP-GRC, PE-SMC, PPS-GRC... the eastern side of Singapore will be colorful by the end of next GE :smile::smile::smile:

I agree with you. LHL is in deep trouble. He doesnt know which Minister to sacrifice at the next GE.

the GRC is coming back to haunt the PAP. the pap doesnt have heavyweights to anchor key GRCs. Even Punggol-PR under Teo Chee Hean is vulnerable. Will history be made at the next GE when a standing DPM gets overwhelmingly defeated?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The London Underground gets worse every year and fares keep going up. I should know I'm there at least twice a year.

New Zealand has no MRT system to break down. Kiwis have been waiting for 30 years for something to be built and the first metre of track has yet to laid.

The existing railway network has gone bust twice in the last 20 years and has had to be rescued by the taxpayer.

Yes the HK MTR system. You can read all about it at http://westnorth.com/2013/09/23/a-glance-at-hong-kong-mtrs-retail-results/

Train disruptions are not all bad. The London Tube is more than 100years old and some disruptions can be expected.

But what hurts regarding SMRT is that most disruptions are due to negligence, insufficient maintenance, etc which are preventable. the worse is yet to come as SMRT has opted to buy cheaper China made coaches. these are heavier than the original coaches and their wheels are slightly wider. Will these heavier trains cause abnormal wear and tear on the tracks? is an accident waiting to happen in the future due to Saw PH's incompetence and Temasek's obssession with profits at all costs.

I see reprieve with the appointment of Desmond Kuek as CEO. He is trying to correct Saw's mistakes and negligence. I wish him well

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

SMRT is suffering now due to Saw's mismanagement. It will get worse before it gets better and I hope no serious MRT accident happens before Desmond is able to undo and rectify Saw's mistakes.

The blame is totally on Ho Ching and Temasek for placing Saw as CEO to increase revenue and decrease costs

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
AJ-GRC, EC-GRC, H-SMC, JC-SMC, MP-GRC, PE-SMC, PPS-GRC... the eastern side of Singapore will be colorful by the end of next GE :smile::smile::smile:

I disagree with many Singaporeans who think that the pap will continue its dominance at the next GE. LHL the pap continue their policies as if Singaporeans' views dont matter. I expect many seats to fall at the next GE provided the Alternative parties can recruit good candidates and attack the pap where it hurts.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you're very optimistic, i'm only looking at about 24 seats :p:p:p

Yes, I am an optimist.

I expect the following to be hard fought at the next GE:

Aljunied - 5
Hougang - 1
PE - 1
JJ - 1
PP - 1
B-TP - 5
EC - 5
MP - 5
M-Kallang - 5
PR-Punggol - 6
Sengkang - 1
TP - 5
AMK - - 6

Contrary to what many people think, I expect PR-P and AMK GRCs to be hard fought if the APs want to tie LHL down. we may have 2years to go and many factors will come into play until then, so the result is still anyone's guess.

I agree with you, 24 is a good number to expect