• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Crumbling of Singapore?

ThePimp

Alfrescian
Loyal
Workers Party's MP Chen Show Mao had today in parliament strongly opposed increasing population but at the same time offered solutions, he was quickly attack by a pack of dogs. I read the report from straits times website but I fear they don't tell 100% what Chen Show Mao is saying.

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
The foreign businesses want to come here to enjoy the good infrastructure and well educated population. The businesses dont want to locate to China nor Myanmar nor India nor Vietnam, etc because the native people are not like Singaporeans. But yet these businesses want to be here and pay 3rd world worker rates...and the pap allow them to do so far.

When is the pap going to wake up and tell these foreign businesses they cant have the cake and eat it. Either they stay in Delhi and pay indian worker rate , stay in Yangoon and pay Myanmar rates or remain here and pay 6th most expensive city rate.

Does the pap have the courage to do the right thing?

Singapore got too use to the low wage mentality. This affected the PMET too.
Taking the easy solution will not pay off in the long run.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear KohLianTye,

Thank you for speaking out so well...

Yes, Singaporeans need to bring the pap to its knees.

I am looking forward to the next GE..

Dear TracyTan866,

That story from the Kopitiam of Venice was truly touching.

I have seen Singaporeans buying coffee or some cheap lunch for poor people who wait outside coffee-shops in the hope of getting the attention of some kind souls.

Yes there are many kind people in our midst and these are not that rich people. By and large they are those like you and me. The only difference is that those giving possess a HUGE HEART.

I am sure the Cabinet members, the MPs and other filthy-rich people can do something for the "miserable, poor and out" citizens in our midst.

With around 5 million people that populate Singapore today, we still have such high numbers of poor, hungry and in need of medical attention.

What will happen in 2030 when the population hit 6.9 or 6.99 (Bata-style) and jump close to 8 million. Surely these figures of the poor will correspondingly rise too.

Let us in UNITY lift all these people out of the vicious poverty cycle, especially those older ones who are collecting aluminium tins and card-board discards.

They need our attention. Maybe the Singapore Kopitiam can also adopt the system of the Kopitiam of Venice which will put to shame our local Shylocks from the tale told in the Merchant of Venice.

Our poor and miserable deserve the care of all of us.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Let us in UNITY lift all these people out of the vicious poverty cycle, especially those older ones who are collecting aluminium tins and card-board discards.
Why do you keep harping on these unproductive digits who have passed their use-by date?

Humans are conceived, they're born, they grow up, they work, they get old and decrepit and useless and then they die. That's the life cycle of the human species.

Stop being so dramatic. You're turning a biological process into a soap opera.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Workers Party's MP Chen Show Mao had today in parliament strongly opposed increasing population but at the same time offered solutions, he was quickly attack by a pack of dogs. I read the report from straits times website but I fear they don't tell 100% what Chen Show Mao is saying.

Let the pap self destruct.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Dear TracyTan866,

That story from the Kopitiam of Venice was truly touching.

I have seen Singaporeans buying coffee or some cheap lunch for poor people who wait outside coffee-shops in the hope of getting the attention of some kind souls.

Yes there are many kind people in our midst and these are not that rich people. By and large they are those like you and me. The only difference is that those giving possess a HUGE HEART.

I am sure the Cabinet members, the MPs and other filthy-rich people can do something for the "miserable, poor and out" citizens in our midst.

With around 5 million people that populate Singapore today, we still have such high numbers of poor, hungry and in need of medical attention.

What will happen in 2030 when the population hit 6.9 or 6.99 (Bata-style) and jump close to 8 million. Surely these figures of the poor will correspondingly rise too.

They need our attention. Maybe the Singapore Kopitiam can also adopt the system of the Kopitiam of Venice which will put to shame our local Shylocks from the tale told in the Merchant of Venice.

Our poor and miserable deserve the care of all of us.

Yes, we shd do what we can for the poor, the aged and the sick.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why do you keep harping on these unproductive digits who have passed their use-by date?

Humans are conceived, they're born, they grow up, they work, they get old and decrepit and useless and then they die. That's the life cycle of the human species.

KLT is not dramatic. he is compassionate

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If he was compassionate, he wouldn't be wasting his time here. He'd devote all his spare time to helping others in the real world.

nahhh. A compassionate person doesnt devote his whole time to help others. A person who helps others knows when to take time out to recharge and take his breath.

Helping others is a marathon, not a sprint

Last edited:

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ha Ha Ha. That was a wonderful reply from an ex-army officer. A leader of men.

This being your assessment means to you soldiers are mere digits that can be expended in miserable condition.

Remind me of the horse that was sent to the butcher after being used by the pigs on Animal Farm.

Keep it Lt, Cpt or Col Leongsam. Your reply will be well-received by your "followers".

Insofar as I am concerned, poverty has to be got rid off and old folks well-taken care off.

I will not wanna be in their shoes. Dunno about you........Maybe you would be it in NZ or Timbuktu.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ha Ha Ha. That was a wonderful reply from an ex-army officer. A leader of men.

This being your assessment means to you soldiers are mere digits that can be expended in miserable condition.

Remind me of the horse that was sent to the butcher after being used by the pigs on Animal Farm.

Keep it Lt, Cpt or Col Leongsam. Your reply will be well-received by your "followers".

Insofar as I am concerned, poverty has to be got rid off and old folks well-taken care off.

I will not wanna be in their shoes. Dunno about you........Maybe you would be it in NZ or Timbuktu.

Leongsam is a by product of the PAP system...

Purebreed

Are reading so much hooha about the white paper, I really cannot tahan must voice also lol.

No doubt foreign works does really help the economy, however productivity goes up so does the rest. Look at the housing, traffic and coe etc. Government (pap or wp I don't give a fuck) should really look at the basics need of a true blue Singaporeans instead of focusing to drive the economy. Strike a balance if u can FFS.

Good economy with angry/stressed real Singaporean is not a very good solution.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Are reading so much hooha about the white paper, I really cannot tahan must voice also lol.

No doubt foreign works does really help the economy, however productivity goes up so does the rest. Look at the housing, traffic and coe etc. Government (pap or wp I don't give a fuck) should really look at the basics need of a true blue Singaporeans instead of focusing to drive the economy. Strike a balance if u can FFS.

Good economy with angry/stressed real Singaporean is not a very good solution.

Dear Purebreed,

Thank you for feeling for true blue Singaporeans.

I see cheap foreign workers as pain killers. They lessen the immediate pain but does not cure the ills of bad PAP policies which cause social problems. In fact, cheap 3rd world workers will cause more problems for Singapore in the future.

What Singapore shd do is to take bitter medicine now to cure the social, financial and demographic problems facing Singapore instead of taking panadols to lessen the pain.

The pushing through of the White Paper shows how myopic the PAP is. Despite the feedback of Singaporeans and their MPs, LHL thinks he knows best and pushes through the White Paper. He will win the battle today but will lose the war in the next GE. I am looking for the knock out punch for the PAP

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LHL should have by now gauged the signals coming out from the ground.

It is all against his party. People's feelings for certain leaders within PAP has also gone down the scale.

As was the case of older people against certain leaders in the past, the younger generation has added certain younger leaders to that list.

This does not augur well for the PAP. Instead of being an asset, it has become a sore liability in the eyes, minds and souls of the people and Nation.

At least, the Whip should have been lifted for such an important topic as the White Paper on Population.

This is important as a Referendum was not called. Had this been done the true results would be anti White Paper.

Maybe Sun-Tzu should rise once again and come to the rescue of an ailing PAP.

"From the frying pan to the fire".

Case of self-Immolation of sorts.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It is all against his party. People's feelings for certain leaders within PAP has also gone down the scale.

As was the case of older people against certain leaders in the past, the younger generation has added certain younger leaders to that list.

This does not augur well for the PAP. Instead of being an asset, it has become a sore liability in the eyes, minds and souls of the people and Nation.

At least, the Whip should have been lifted for such an important topic as the White Paper on Population.

This is important as a Referendum was not called. Had this been done the true results would be anti White Paper.

Maybe Sun-Tzu should rise once again and come to the rescue of an ailing PAP.

"From the frying pan to the fire".

Case of self-Immolation of sorts.

Dear KLT,

I agree with what you said. I can sense that many pap MPs dont agree with the White Paper but have no courage to do the right thing.

Not lifting the Whip and no courage to truly listen to the ground will result in a backlash for the pap in the next GE

andyfisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tracy, you do realise that is just an assumption dont you?

assumptions make an ass of u and me.

A leader shld have the courage to do the right thing, if cant, then dont put yourself out as one.
This is especially important to political office holders.

Please try to be more intelligent in your analysis, if you can please

Dear KLT,

I agree with what you said. I can sense that many pap MPs dont agree with the White Paper but have no courage to do the right thing.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

would be as easy as a walk in the Hong Lim Park on 16th February 2013, 4:30-6:30pm.
oh, the party theme color is red! not too far off his favorite color :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tracy, you do realise that is just an assumption dont you?

assumptions make an ass of u and me.

A leader shld have the courage to do the right thing, if cant, then dont put yourself out as one.
This is especially important to political office holders.

Please try to be more intelligent in your analysis, if you can please

For those PAP MPs who spoke out against the White Paper or parts of the White Paper, why didn't they push for amendments?