• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Who is Entitled to Police Box(Guard/Protection) at his/her House

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
does anyone know the basis for entitlement viz police protection at one's house?...

i was under the impression that only president, speaker, cabinet ministers and supreme court judges were accorded such an entitlement...

i ask this question becoz hv recently passed by oxley, namley n ceylon road areas n noticed that harry, GCT n nathan still appear to hv police protection at their respective houses...why r these 3 gentleman still accorded such police protection at public expense(i assume) since they hv stepped down fm their public posts?...

ZorrorroZ

Alfrescian
Loyal
does anyone know the basis for entitlement viz police protection at one's house?...

i was under the impression that only president, speaker, cabinet ministers and supreme court judges were accorded such an entitlement...

i ask this question becoz hv recently passed by oxley, namley n ceylon road areas n noticed that harry, GCT n nathan still appear to hv police protection at their respective houses...why r these 3 gentleman still accorded such police protection at public expense(i assume) since they hv stepped down fm their public posts?...

maybe cos many people want to kill them?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
well in US ex presidents still get secret service protection....
they can use as example.....but then again since when they need to explain their actions to sheeps?

ssrrvv11

Alfrescian
Loyal

from MM pte secretary,

dear mr. porifirio. thank you for your interest in this matter. our investigations done concluded that the gurkha guards choose to stand there on their own accord in their own spare time. guns and rounds are dummy sets donated by mediacorp. no state expenses were used or abused.

once again we thank for you for your attention in this matter.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
well in US ex presidents still get secret service protection....
they can use as example.....but then again since when they need to explain their actions to sheeps?

You took it out of my mouth.Well said.....PAP had always ruled on the basis of,shoot-first-and-talk-later.Something Harry acquired in his lawyers day.Same goes to their governance,do-first and manage the crisis as it arises.The very reason why their cabinet must have some hot shot lawyers.....to explain away their blunders.

Which begets the question do lawyers make good politicians?....I think not.Becauste I figure lawyers as politicians is a colonial hangover.Since it was the only profession that understood our colonial common law and rubbed shoulders with our colonial masters....But all empirical evidences point to lawyers as politicians equals to bad management of the nation.I speculate medical doctors on the other hand makeths better politicians.They recognize the symptoms and prescribe bitter medications.Dr.M is a good example.....

Harry and Dr.M are birds of feathers.Same age and a product of the same era......Both had fire in the belly.Both are hated as much and loved by very little.And both had chips on their shoulders and persecuted their foes.The difference is if Dr.M kicks the bucket,there are millions who will morn for him.......but I leave it everybody's imagination when Harry finally goes up the lorry.

My pet theory is that their professional conduct in their early lives determined how they governed.In short how they viewed humanity as a lawyer and a doctor.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My pet theory is that their professional conduct in their early lives determined how they governed.In short how they viewed humanity as a lawyer and a doctor.

Lawyer have a very bad reputation :smile: They make $$$ but what do they contribute to society:confused: Just look at LKY:biggrin:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is no rules or regulations but done on a discretionary basis. And I am not talking about security concerns. Same with Firearms. Ahmad Mattar not only acquired a revolver, he also got special indoor range training. He is not the only one. Side but related issues. There was also 2 incidents that led to changes in law. The second son and the MP getting burnt. One led to the PI legislation, the other increasing in jail terms. The abuse is the constant travel and the associated cost of the entourage of the old man and now GCT when they do not have any real accountability.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nixon really abused his entitlements and privileges. Thought regulations accorded him life long protection from SS and a support staff he went on to acquire 60 over support staff and literal ran a semblance of a mini govt in California with a full schedule of world leaders taking turns meeting him on a weekly basis. This is President that was pardoned. By the way ex-Singapore Presidents are entitled to an office and one PA or Aide on govt expense. It's up to them to take it up. Wee Kim Wee took it up.
well in US ex presidents still get secret service protection....they can use as example.....but then again since when they need to explain their actions to sheeps?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Nobody and nowhere else except Istana and Parliament and other vital installations of the state get 24/7 police protection. Embassies can request for certain days when there's an international crisis through MFA and MFA would liaise with MHA to determine when to start and stop 24/7 police protection for embassies. Some embassies smuggle in firearms to protect themselves in what we call doggy bags, i.e. with diplomatic immunity exempt from customs search. Ministers and ambassadors are entitled to little police visit boxes at their private home gates. It's just a little box with a little book inside. Police patrol cars should visit, check that everything is OK and safe, then sign the little book. They're entitled to it but most of them not too concerned about security refused it for privacy.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Police protection or Gurkha protection? Police protection could be CISCO's. Anyone rich enough can engage CISCO but if Gurkhas are used, then I think it's abuse. Before TT became president, he had a CISCO guard on 24-hr sentry duty.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Police protection or Gurkha protection? Police protection could be CISCO's. Anyone rich enough can engage CISCO but if Gurkhas are used, then I think it's abuse. Before TT became president, he had a CISCO guard on 24-hr sentry duty.

Interesting info.. I have always been curious about the security protection accorded to these white scums.. Pity those officers who are on sentry duty at the houses of these elites.. That means they must be on their toes constantly when doin their duty... No smoking on the sly, cannot chiak sua..

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Interesting info.. I have always been curious about the security protection accorded to these white scums.. Pity those officers who are on sentry duty at the houses of these elites.. That means they must be on their toes constantly when doin their duty... No smoking on the sly, cannot chiak sua..

Not really. Don't pity these chaps. Life can't be more senang. They can always sleep on the job. Honestly, who wants to assassinate any of those whose house they are protecting? If it is CISCO, likely to be a M'sian on duty. I am quite certain Gurkhas aren't used for the protection of ALL ministers except LHL and maybe his 2 DPMs.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
good pt...as u say cisco is pte deal...seen them at rich indos places like putera sampoerna's mansion in bukit timah...

as for harry, GCT n nathan...all 3 appear to still hv Gurkha protection...waste of tax payer's $$$ if u ask me...

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
zeddy;906574[B said:
[/B]Pity those officers who are on sentry duty at the houses of these elites.. That means they must be on their toes constantly when doin their duty... No smoking on the sly, cannot chiak sua..

In the early 70's, there were the Good, The Bad and The Ugly Ministers
The Good were very nice to their uniformed police sentries and treated them like humans and part of the family. The list include people like Eddie Barker, Jek Yuen Thong, Sia Ka Hui and Othman Wok. These ministers were friendly and concerned and so too were their wives and servants. They treated the police sentries extremely well.
The Bad were there too. The did not allow police sentries to use the toilet and so the poor sentries had no other way but to urinate in tiny plastic bags (after having drank the coffee or tea inside) and hang it on the fence around the house. They did a good job. It was a slap on the face of the wife of a Minister of State (who happened to be his servant before his actual wife passed away). She was a fat ugly duckling.
The Ugly ones were there too. No policemen will ever forget the dreaded wife of a late "super minister" who will count the mangoes on her trees and then go to sleep. In the morning the counting will begin again. Anything less and the poor sentry would be answerable. That was why they left the fallen mangoes where it lay for the "devil" to see with her own wicked eyes.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[QUOTE=Narong Wongwan;906746]Cisco for all sentry.
Policeman for ministers bodyguard[/QUOTE]

I think all this is gross and sheer wastage of tax-payers $ & cts.
Our policemen should be patrolling the streets and attending to problems faced by the rakyat.
Btw, where do you see "hordes" of policemen?
Ans: "Only where some VIP /ministers are attending a function or when the President's entourage is on the road.
Nowadays you seldom see traffic cops issuing summons to errant heavy vehicle users speeding on highways at breakneck speeds.

In the 50's, police patrols in Land-Rovers and on foot were a familiar and welcomed sight.
Their presence was a sure deterrence. These were tumultous days.
However, that is History.

Today, our country is a safe place
We should disband such services unless off course some people prefer such sentries as a sign of position, power and grandeur.
If thats the case, they can hire Malaysian Cisco security people for such duties.
Leave the regular police to serve the community. That is their priority.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
hi bro...where you been?....all ok? :p

[QUOTE=Narong Wongwan;906746]Cisco for all sentry.
Policeman for ministers bodyguard

If thats the case, they can hire Malaysian Cisco security people for such duties.
Leave the regular police to serve the community. That is their priority.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

Speaker need that for F? He does nothing