• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I pay $2.50 to pass the ERP gantry

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Nov 28, 2008
KALLANG-PAYA LEBAR EXPRESSWAY
</TR><!-- headline one : start --><TR>Traffic down to a standstill
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I AM sure the Land Transport Authority (LTA) will agree the whole point of traffic management is to ease traffic flow, not add to it. It is therefore difficult to comprehend why chose to build the Kallang-Paya Lebar Expressway (KPE) so it funnels traffic from the Central Expressway to an already traffic-choked East Coast Parkway (ECP) heading towards the city. The KPE was opened with much fanfare on Sept 20, with the aim of reducing travel time from the north-east to the city. But has the LTA considered the impact on city-bound motorists using the ECP?
Ever since the KPE opened, morning peak-hour city-bound traffic just after the Fort Road exit crawls to a standstill. The reason? Traffic from the KPE exit is adding to the bottleneck of vehicles heading towards the City (Rochor Road exit) and the Ayer Rajah Expressway (AYE) (Jurong-bound). I pay $2.50 to pass the ERP gantry at Fort Road every morning (around 8.30am), only to face massive congestion after I drive past Fort Road, and increasingly these days, even before I get anywhere remotely close to Fort Road. Since the start of the school holidays, the traffic congestion has eased somewhat, but come January when the school term begins, I expect the mayhem to start with a vengeance.
The objective of paying ERP charges is so motorists can drive along (relatively) congestion-free roads. So why do I face a frustrating drive to work every morning after paying costly ERP fees? To make matters worse, the drive becomes increasingly white-knuckled as I have to deal with traffic on my left as drivers exiting from the KPE try and manoeuvre from extreme left to extreme right (towards the AYE), often without signalling their intentions. Surely the LTA should have anticipated this problem? Francis Dorai

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many people slowdown in ERP grantry why????? What is the different driving at 90km/h and 70 km/h in ERP grantry???
For me I just speed thru the grantry and still pay the same rate.

Conan the Barbarian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its as because most drivers do not step on it when climbing up BS bridge, especially after a speed camera at the base. So everyone slows down and makes the traffic even slower.

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
You observation is correct, that Francis Dorai is really a fucking MORON !!

Since 1984, I have observed most drivers do not shift to lower gear or step on it to move faster. These morons just drag their car up the slope.

Another thing, these fucking motorists are real fucking idiots. When there were accidents along the expressways, these morons slowed down to look and stare.

So, if any moron here gapes at the accident scene and some lorry driver sounded his horn at you, it is probably ME who sounded the horn!!

Its as because most drivers do not step on it when climbing up BS bridge, especially after a speed camera at the base. So everyone slows down and makes the traffic even slower.