• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

GARDENS BY THE BAY makes me proud to be a singaporean!

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
just went for the 20WOC (WORLD ORCHIDS CONFERENCE) exibibiton at MARINA SANDS EXPO & CONVENTION CENTRE. ticket came with complementary entry to GARDENS B7 THE BAY. wow!! after strolling thro the enclosed temp-controlled dome, it makes u proud to be a singaporean! if the entrance fee isn't too officially expensive, i would visit it often. 1000 yr old OLIVE TREE and a few hundred yrs old POMENGRANATE ...- priceless to view it! the desertscape with all the very aged cactis was spectacular. then the BAOBAB, the bottle trees and many colorful temperate flowering plants....ALL VERY FASCINATING! and yes! there were monstrous vivid colored flowering hisbiscus which i had to walk outside the dome to view it. was pleasantly surprised how beautiful the seaview was too planted with a stretch of flowering bromeliads. no joke! all plant lovers should view it. can't wait when it's all fully completed. :smile:)

See More
Gardens by the Bay | The New Paper
www.tnp.sg
Rising majestically from the edge of the Gardens by the Bay along with the Cloud Forest, the Flower Dome gleams like a diamond against the backdrop of the Central Business District...

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
it's strange for every of my thread u should remark something irrelevant. if u r a chee's loyalist, then start one thread all about him. chee won't be proud about any good things gov do for sgp. however, he would not hesitate to pick cherries and make a mountain out of a molehill like he's now attacking JASON NEO, ex-YPAP . he's an opportunist who exploits anything that would make hmself looks good.

that's chee soon juan. the way he was and the way he is now.

Last edited:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
initally, i was rather skeptical about the exceesiveness of this new public garden. but after been there and viewing it, i couldn't help feeling impressed, proud and full of admiration about DR TAN WEE KIAT - the man who visualises, conceptualises and finally implements and constructs it. this is only one part of it completed. can't wait to see when the whole gardens by the bay is fully completed and opened to the public.

only entry into the DOMES are chargeable. the exterior is free for the public to enjoy.

the flowering plants in the temperature controlled dome allow many sgporeans a chance to see the beauty of colorful temperate plants without leaving the country. it's also "user friendly" with benches allocated in strategic locations and also the footpath design is user friendly for handicaps or those who are in wheel-chairs.

this GARDENS BY THE BAY is simply described in one word:

GREAT!!

Last edited: