• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chen show mao wife is an US citizen, he not sure if his son will serve NS in sg

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://sghardtruth.wordpress.com/2011/10/12/chen-show-mao-international-man-of-mystery/

by Alps Tan on Monday, October 10, 2011 at 5:53pm

To understand his present and future, we must first look to his past ‘before his journey back to Singapore’.

Chen Show Mao spoke most eloquently in an autobiographical speech to the Stanford Club, later syndicated on his Facebook Page.

Show Mao spoke of public service and giving back. Of how an Opposition slate with Show Mao on board had – within a few months – spurred the government to review salaries, build flats, perfectly calibrate transport hikes, convert the KTM railway into a green corridor, and increase university places.

Of how, if you read between the lines, Show Mao is really no ordinary man.

No Ordinary Mortal

And Chen Show Mao is indeed no ordinary mortal. He holds degrees from Harvard, Oxford and Stanford. He has been instrumental in IPOs and deals worth US$20 billion each in mainland China. American Lawyer awarded him the title “Dealmaker Of The Year”.

Thus we cannot judge him by the yardsticks of other men. Show Mao’s public service should not be measured against the standards of a Low Thia Khiang, a Chiam See Tong, or even a J.B. Jeyaretnam.

Show Mao is a captain of industry, some might say an admiral of capital, a marshal of capitalism. A corporate colossus, he is more akin to a Bill Gates or a Warren Buffett.

But has Show Mao given back to society the way Gates and Buffett have? Gates and Buffett may not have contested the Aljunieds or mayorships of America, but they contributed towards research into curing AIDS, helping cancer sufferers, and saving some of the millions of people stricken with malaria each year. It is not clear what Show Mao has achieved, beyond winning a GRC and running MPS in Aljunied. For a man of Show Mao’s career accomplishment, politics is no great sacrifice – if anything it can be an interesting dalliance for a man who has more money than he knows what to do with. Show Mao can always retreat to billion-dollar Dealmaking and one of the many foreign cities he has lived in, if Singapore politics turns sour.

Of Fathers and Sons: Show Mao and the Son Not Shown

Indeed, Show Mao, in other ways, has shown himself to be beyond us normal mortals. Many Singapore sons perform NS in combat vocations, others on the service side or HQ — but all will serve the 2 years (or more, depending on your cohort). But Chen Show Mao, MP for Aljunied, has merely said he ”hopes” his son will do NS. Is the lawyer in him suggesting that his son, despite being required by Singapore law to do NS, may yet choose not to do so?

Show Mao’s wife is a US citizen — but his children would not have automatically qualified for US citizenship. Was there some extraordinary arrangement for the children to have US citizenship, in the belief that Show Mao’s son would have a choice of not doing NS?

It would be helpful if Show Mao could clarify these matters. Perhaps it is difficult for him to do so, for we have not seen his wife and son around in Singapore, even after Show Mao won the Aljunied election for the Workers’ Party.

There is a simple way for Show Mao to show his sincerity beyond gilded speech and flowery rhetoric. That he puts the people of Singapore and our Defence first. That he understands popular persuasion is about not just doing the easy thing for his children, but the right thing. That he is willing to serve Singapore and take the lead by showing how his family and children are invested in Singapore — just like the rest of us ordinary Singaporeans.

The General Election is over and Parliament is sitting. Show Mao must show us his true colours. It’s now or never.

- An Ordinary Singaporean

https://www.facebook.com/how.heepin...-international-man-of-mystery/176028595812224

Comments collected from the net :

1. I admire the professionally worded article. If I have a chance to ask CSM just 2 questions, I would ask him when did he start developing the passion of serving Singaporeans? Would his wife give up her US citizenship so that his family be a truly Singaporean family?

skponggol

Alfrescian
Loyal
By not forcing his son to serve NS nor his wife to give up her US citizenship, it show that Chen Show Mao understands and respects the right of his family members.

Whether his son wants to serve NS or his wife want to take up S'pore citizenhship is his own personal privacy and none of public business. They would only become relevant if his son or wife chooses to enter public office.

In fact, compared with Mr Yacob who had promised to make his son serve NS whether he likes it or not, Mr Chen shows that he has greater respect for his family’s personal decision, and would not use them to build up political capital to enhance his personal reputation

If Mr Chen can show such respect and love for his family without amy regard to the potential damage to his political standing, he would also show the same respect and care to ordinary Singaporeans.

bullfrog

Alfrescian
Loyal
The same question shld be put to all PAP MPs incl Ministers. Make sure to ask that last minute entry Dr Chia guy from Tjg Pagar, or that wife of PPS Tin Pot Ling, and Ah Suay and Yacob. Are they in it for the money?

These people form the ruling party and if there are any errors of selection at the polls, based on equal probability, PAP would contain more defective products of the population ( 81 vs 6) and also more costly due to their many hidden benefits from their "natural" connections.

Last edited:

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
how about all the ministers children who are living overseas and have abandoned singapore? lets start with goh chok tong

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Who the fuck is this prick with a glam name like Alps Tan..??? I can safely assume that he's another PAP running dog defending his PAP Masters and at the same time sliming m&d towards a credible Opposition figure like Mr Chen Show Mao.. That bloody prick should first direct his question to PAP Ministers like Yaacult Ibrahim whose wife is also American... Why pinpoint Chen Show Mao? Obviously bastard dogs like Alps Tan got a hidden agenda....

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
''As an opposition MP, I am not the enemy of the government, I am a Singaporean and a patriot." Chen Show Mao

He is a Patriot through and through...

Last edited:

hokkienpeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
That should be left entirely to his wife and his son. What the hell are you thinking? You are still in 19th century China where a wife must obey her husband and a son his father? Or are you like the Islamic fundamentalists who think that if somebody subscribes to a certain belief, then his spouse and offsprings must be compelled to do the same?

Whatever Chen Show Mao’s wife and son decide, it’s plain stupidity to pin their decisions on him. They have minds of their own.

Also, both of them are US citizens. Unlike Chen Show Mao, they owe no obligation to Singapore.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've just completed my deed poll. From now on, you guys may call me by my new name: Andes Lau. :biggrin:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
As I've said before, Sinkies are natural masochists. Some Sinkies actually enjoy giving themselves pretentious, silly names like Alps Tan to invite ridicule. :biggrin:

rodent2005

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chen Show Mao should just leave stupid Singaporeans to die and migrate to the US. Why give up multi-million dollar pay to serve these idiots? Why stupid Singaporeans seldom if ever ask about the billions that the PAP lost?

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello! tis is Asia do u tink it safe to bring your Wife and Kids back
here when you decide to go into Politics? Remember he has more
to lose, hve we not learnt from past HISTORY!