• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Does anyone know how ISD agents work?

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then I must be a total idiot as I cannot recall signing it at all during NS. LOL!

The signing is a mere formality that even NSmen do upon conscription. It is meant for those who are not exactly bright and or well educated and to be fair them, you have to get them to acknowledge. The OSA is a powerful instrument. It can be widely interpreted. Those who are Senior civil servants and Intelligence Officers who breach it, will naturally face a much higher degree of punishment if convicted. If the details are sensitive, then they will be detained under ISA.

Trout

Alfrescian
Loyal
That chick that supplies laughing gas to people? Heck, if I have an unlimited supply of NOx, I can put a smile on everyone's face too. :P

Agree, the drive to score well and avoid getting into conflict has created a soft generation. I remember one outstanding lady who I thought was not only well grounded, great values, confident and who would have made a great Prime Minister. She stood out during her interview head and shoulders over others and I have not met another. Her parents were well regarded academics. Her name is Ang Bee Leng and she got the President's scholarship. Her father is prof Ang Kok Peng and former MP for Buona Vista. Her sister also ended up with a President's scholarship. When you talk to her, you know she has a strong mind and lots of resolve. Always a smile for everyone. These are the people that we need not arseholes like Janil.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most people can't remember the oath and the OSA. All we can remember are some kiasu chaps who went to Beach Road and bought rifle cleaning rods and turning up at CMPB. In the the 3 tonner I asked the chap seated next to me why he brought along the rods. He said his friend told him. At that stage I realised that we are not only compliant but are proactively compliant. Obviously his friend also told him to vote for PAP.
same lah brother. we were 18-19 years old. like the fuck we know what we were doing :biggrin:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been following this thread for a while, and I am truly amazed at the curiosity of people in general to things like intrigues, spies, secrets, conspiracies, going by the fact that this thread garnered over 28,000 posts in less than 2 mths. Looks like the office water cooler where colleagues gathered: the gullible, the incredulous, the cynics, the con-men, the real McCoys, the innocent and naive, the crafty ones, and the all knowing mischievous ones who enjoy taking everybody for a ride...

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have been following this thread for a while, and I am truly amazed at the curiosity of people in general to things like intrigues, spies, secrets, conspiracies, going by the fact that this thread garnered over 28,000 posts in less than 2 mths. Looks like the office water cooler where colleagues gathered: the gullible, the incredulous, the cynics, the con-men, the real McCoys, the innocent and naive, the crafty ones, and the all knowing mischievous ones who enjoy taking everybody for a ride...

pedophiles, serial rapists and serial killers have one characteristic in common: they are fascinated and intrigued with intrigues and power and want to be cops, secret agents and spies. sbf is no different. after all, it's a haven for pedophiles, serial rapists and serial fraudsters.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wah lan er!!! u all very free!!! one ISD can talk for so long!!! GD is the insider here, just listen to what he say will do. dont argue.

hurley

Alfrescian
Loyal
that's why shows like Infernal Affairs and James Bond have so many fans

infernal_affairs_2a.jpg

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
GMS,

What boundary? You are not revealing state secret, just how they operate should be okay. Unless you're one of them then scared because it will affect the relationship.

Don't anyhow say. I know the boundary. GD tried to play with the boundary. You should ask him why he is quiet.

Goh Meng Seng

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GMS,

What boundary? You are not revealing state secret, just how they operate should be okay. Unless you're one of them then scared because it will affect the relationship.

Cpt. GMS officially knows nuts about SPF and ISD secrets to reveal. However, if he reveals SAF secrets, he'll be charged under OSA. You see, Official Secrets Act means one must be officially entrusted with the secrets. If one learns the secrets from unofficial sources or by guessing correctly, how to charge?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't anyhow say. I know the boundary. GD tried to play with the boundary. You should ask him why he is quiet.

Goh Meng Seng

I was quiet coz I was on the road to KL 3 times over the past 5 days. I was quiet not because of fear. I have nothing to fear and fear no one except mad people. You know the boundary while I tried to play with it? I opine the earlier you leave opposition politics, the better the chances for the opposition. If you can't help it is ok. Don't sabo.