Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 525

Thread: Does anyone know how ISD agents work?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sinkapore
    Posts
    1,908
    My Reputation Points: 518 / Power: 0

    Default Does anyone know how ISD agents work?

    E.g. How and when are they recruited? Do they keep a "normal" job to hide their real ISD job, etc?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pyramid
    Posts
    18,731
    My Reputation Points: 898 / Power: 11

    Default Re: Does anyone know how ISD agents work?

    They're full-timers, no other jobs. They all started the same as police recruits but only signed-on regulars, no NSF.

    There're some non-police trained ISD staff, e.g. translators. They have no duty or power of arrest.
    Last edited by Ramseth; 27-09-2011 at 11:14 AM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,289
    My Reputation Points: 1893 / Power: 9

    Default Re: Does anyone know how ISD agents work?

    This is far from the truth. There are different classifications of agents and Ramseth should know better.

    Goh Meng Seng

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramseth View Post
    They're full-timers, no other jobs. They all started the same as police recruits but only signed-on regulars, no NSF.

    There're some non-police trained ISD staff, e.g. translators. They have no duty or power of arrest.
    We have lost sight of the joy and excitement of public service, helping our fellow men. The joy and excitement of seeking and understanding of the joy of the miracle of the living the duty and the grandeur. We have lost taste for heroic action in the service of our people. David Marshall

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pyramid
    Posts
    18,731
    My Reputation Points: 898 / Power: 11

    Default Re: Does anyone know how ISD agents work?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goh Meng Seng View Post
    This is far from the truth. There are different classifications of agents and Ramseth should know better.
    I'm talking about where they all come from as the TS asked, not the classifications or ranks they ended up with.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,657
    My Reputation Points: 76 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Does anyone know how ISD agents work?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramseth View Post
    I'm talking about where they all come from as the TS asked, not the classifications or ranks they ended up with.
    hey bro how to join ISD ?....I wan to be Liu Jian Ming !!!


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pyramid
    Posts
    18,731
    My Reputation Points: 898 / Power: 11

    Default Re: Does anyone know how ISD agents work?

    Join the police force for a start. All ISD operatives, agents, whatever you call them in glamorous American movie terms, are still just police officers.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,854
    My Reputation Points: 72 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Does anyone know how ISD agents work?

    Ramseth.. Please talk about the Classifications and ranks..
    Dont be afraid of me, Im only here to give you the Hard-truth.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,100
    My Reputation Points: 155 / Power: 0

    Talking Re: Does anyone know how ISD agents work?

    东厂太监必需首先阉割。



    http://wenwen.soso.com/z/q101224414.htm


    性质:东厂和西厂就好比现在的中央监察部与国家安全总局。带点特务性质的问道。直接属于皇帝领 导。
    作用:朱元璋设立初,其目的是用东厂来对下属官吏,民间社会进行秘密监控。防止腐败,造反等事 件的发生。
    问题:当时就出现了一个什么问题呢。最初担任东厂和西厂的并非太监而是正常的政府官员。但是此时官员们怕查 上级怕自己仕途难保,查同级怕关系难搞,查下级又怕被人抓小辫子检举下马。畏首畏尾。

    解决办法:朱元璋虽然对太监加强管理体制,但还是启用了太监担任。因为太监首先就受到严格管理,没有任何地 位可言,他们就不怕任何官僚政治场面的斗争,因为他们知道,他们想要发达就必须以取悦于皇帝为目的,这也是 他们的唯一,他们不怕任何场面。所以用太监使得最初太监们办事的却很卖力,很有实效。

    但是到了他儿子明成祖朱棣手里就发现,东厂实际已经形成了政局的一股政治势力与派系。如果取缔的话必然经历 一段漫长的时间,还须付诸一些有效的措施。搞不好影响政权与自己的统治。所以这时就充分的发挥了帝王的权衡 之术,成立了西厂,用西厂的势力来牵制东厂的势力,用东厂的势力来权衡西厂的发展。

    太监的地位与官位并不是很高:明清时期 明太祖朱元璋与清太祖顺治皇帝都对宦官管理较严,规定宦官不得识字,压低其官阶,其品级一律不得超过四品。 禁止其兼吏臣的文武职衔,并悬铁牌于宫门上,明示不许干政的警戒。清政府还特地规定太监一律不得出京城范围 。

    但是必竟封建社会不是现在社会。封建社会更倾向的是皇帝的“人治”。只要有利于皇帝权利的统治,有利益自己 的皇帝必须利用加以重用。所以在一些特定的政治场合,太监虽然官位不高,品级不高。但他们的地位被特意的提 高了。就好比东厂与西厂只要随便抓住你的小辫子,吹吹皇帝的枕头风就可以处理你。所以相对来说太监是被特意 提高。

    但太监并不会武功,和现在的人一样。但东厂西厂的一些太监为了敷衍趋势,获得更多的利益也会学习一些擒拿之 术。

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,854
    My Reputation Points: 72 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Does anyone know how ISD agents work?

    @Flyflky Eh pengyou le kong si lan, Kong ang moh le.
    Dont be afraid of me, Im only here to give you the Hard-truth.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,289
    My Reputation Points: 1893 / Power: 9

    Default Re: Does anyone know how ISD agents work?

    That is only half truth. There are ISD operatives or agents who contracted to be listening posts but they are not police trained at all.

    Goh Meng Seng

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramseth View Post
    Join the police force for a start. All ISD operatives, agents, whatever you call them in glamorous American movie terms, are still just police officers.
    We have lost sight of the joy and excitement of public service, helping our fellow men. The joy and excitement of seeking and understanding of the joy of the miracle of the living the duty and the grandeur. We have lost taste for heroic action in the service of our people. David Marshall

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pyramid
    Posts
    18,731
    My Reputation Points: 898 / Power: 11

    Default Re: Does anyone know how ISD agents work?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goh Meng Seng View Post
    That is only half truth. There are ISD operatives or agents who contracted to be listening posts but they are not police trained at all.

    Goh Meng Seng
    I'm a law abiding citizen, that means I also abide by OSA. There's no such thing as the whole truth for the public, whether Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Japan, UK, USA, ROC or PRC. Otherwise, governance and policing can't function properly and that's bad for the public and country, regardless of who's in power.
    Last edited by Ramseth; 27-09-2011 at 01:11 PM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    646
    My Reputation Points: 215 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Does anyone know how ISD agents work?

    Quote Originally Posted by SneeringTree View Post
    E.g. How and when are they recruited? Do they keep a "normal" job to hide their real ISD job, etc?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clandes...set_recruiting

    The basics of all spy agencies are the same. The above website gives a fair idea on what you are looking for.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,799
    My Reputation Points: 381 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Does anyone know how ISD agents work?

    Quote Originally Posted by groinroot View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clandes...set_recruiting

    The basics of all spy agencies are the same. The above website gives a fair idea on what you are looking for.
    Singapore is different. You are recruited from by monitoring from early age.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,242
    My Reputation Points: 301 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Does anyone know how ISD agents work?

    Quote Originally Posted by steffychun View Post
    Singapore is different. You are recruited from by monitoring from early age.
    The ISD dog steffychute is back here. Doggie, I see you have resumed your night duties after having been missing in action?

    Knocking off in the morning as usual eh? Just like yesterday, you will been gone by 8am? Ssssssssss...

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    23,454
    My Reputation Points: 689 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Does anyone know how ISD agents work?

    Recruitment

    ISD - Primary pool is the Police and they can be taken in at any stage of the career. Can be one year after passing out. There are 2 schemes one SPF and the other is Intelligence Scheme where those from scholar side and other admin side which is small in number enter. There is no advertisement or place to apply. The former MP of Joo Chiat entered ISD as an Intelligence Officer from the Admin Service and then returned to the Admin Service. They also selective draw from CNB and other agencies but for senior rank and for special reasons. Most will eventually convert to Intelligence Scheme.

    SID - All Honours Grads from SIngapore Unis will be shortlisted and called for interview at Bt Gombak. They also recruit NS men from various grades and during NS. They also set up false front and advertise for executives, sales person , IT professionals etc.

    Recruitment of Informants is whole different thing. Not on payroll. Comes from special vote.


    Job is highly compartmentalised and massive chinese walls. You can be in these organisations for 30 yeas and still have no clue what the other section is doing. Can be very boring.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pyramid
    Posts
    18,731
    My Reputation Points: 898 / Power: 11

    Default Re: Does anyone know how ISD agents work?

    Informants are not staff or officers.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,237
    My Reputation Points: 502 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Does anyone know how ISD agents work?

    reminds me of this good show, Burn notice

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,799
    My Reputation Points: 381 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Does anyone know how ISD agents work?

    Quote Originally Posted by scroobal View Post
    Recruitment

    ISD - Primary pool is the Police and they can be taken in at any stage of the career. Can be one year after passing out. There are 2 schemes one SPF and the other is Intelligence Scheme where those from scholar side and other admin side which is small in number enter. There is no advertisement or place to apply. The former MP of Joo Chiat entered ISD as an Intelligence Officer from the Admin Service and then returned to the Admin Service. They also selective draw from CNB and other agencies but for senior rank and for special reasons. Most will eventually convert to Intelligence Scheme.

    SID - All Honours Grads from SIngapore Unis will be shortlisted and called for interview at Bt Gombak. They also recruit NS men from various grades and during NS. They also set up false front and advertise for executives, sales person , IT professionals etc.

    Recruitment of Informants is whole different thing. Not on payroll. Comes from special vote.


    Job is highly compartmentalised and massive chinese walls. You can be in these organisations for 30 yeas and still have no clue what the other section is doing. Can be very boring.
    SID is even more secretive than ISD. But it's not that secretive not to appear at your job fair.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,242
    My Reputation Points: 301 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Does anyone know how ISD agents work?

    Quote Originally Posted by steffychun View Post
    SID is even more secretive than ISD. But it's not that secretive not to appear at your job fair.
    haha... the ISD agent steffychute talking with foot in mouth!

    Doggie what time you finishing your shift? Comes 8am and you are not around, this confirms you are ISD doggie here.

    How's was the night shift doggie?

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,242
    My Reputation Points: 301 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Does anyone know how ISD agents work?

    Its now 7.38am, and ISD doggie steffychute is off from work! See below... no doggie steffychute...

    What's Going On?

    Currently Active Users
    There are currently 1328 users online. 34 members and 1294 guests

    Most users ever online was 6,617, 26-08-2011 at 12:06 AM.

    ‎methink,‎zeebjii,‎AndroAsc,‎rider77,‎/0m0\,‎Cruxx,‎Fook Seng,‎Trout,‎nirvarq,‎Simbian,‎IWC2006,‎THE_CHANST ER,‎Papsmearer,‎CUBIC,‎Avenger,‎sibeitoolangarment ,‎Mindless,‎euphony,‎dlt71,‎hockbeng,‎bugeyed,‎Dev il Within,‎loloba,‎Buckethead,

    Today's Birthdays
    ‎Valeriewhales0824 ‎(26),

    Sam's Alfresco Coffee Statistics
    Threads:79,388Posts:756,000Members:21,440
    Welcome to our newest member, CUBIC

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. slient work in work by zhong yang?
    By Balllessme in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 15-02-2011, 09:06 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 25-01-2010, 05:03 AM
  3. Finding ex mlm, insurance agents, property agents or salesperson
    By Fullforce in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 29-09-2009, 07:27 AM
  4. Five-day work week = poor work-life balance?
    By metalslug in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-02-2009, 12:00 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •