• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Does anyone know how ISD agents work?

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Unnecessary extended detention of ideologues and labelling people marxists has screwed the govt as well.

On the terrorist side, it has excellent rep. Interestingly both ISD and Special Branch gave significant details on the al Qaeda to the US well before the USS Cole bombing. The Americans had their head buried in their arse for so long. The Australians have been reliant on the Americans and have been misled. They even wrongly credited the Americans for intelligence obtained when it came from Singapore which they erroneously reported in their parliament.

Occasionally we get it very wrong as well. Rohan Gunaratna is a case in point. To me this is a Charlatan. On his advice we are training the Pakistanis how to rehabilitate Islamist extremist using the Sri Lankan rehabilitation scheme as an example. One is sectarian in nature involving two difference ethnicities who fought on nationalism. The other is based on level of religious fervour and mis interpretation of the Koran. Our own homegrown methodology is better.

I'm not sure how much Sg gave to the US. Or in return, how much the US gave back to SG in terms of intelligence--for example, the US cared about JI, but only JI in the Philippines and not in the SEA region.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So how? Can I update that the person who tried to get close to me has completely disappeared from my life... STRANGE!

Means nothing. They could still be tapping your phone, giving it extra noise (wonder why in the age of noiseless digital phone tapping) or they could send someone to track you. Who cares? If they are really into national security, they should be tracking the foreigners in Singapore. Standard Empress Dowager methods.