• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

More drama at Bedok Reservoir suicide duo's wake

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
'See what you've done to my daughter'
ynewslogo-071424_075919.png

<cite class="byline vcard" style="font-style: normal; color: rgb(125, 125, 125); font-size: 12px; display: inline-block !important; font-family: Georgia, Times, 'Times New Roman', serif; vertical-align: middle; white-space: nowrap; line-height: 2.2em; ">By Yahoo! Newsroom | Yahoo! Newsroom – <abbr title="2011-09-24T03:15:05+00:00" style="border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; font-variant: normal; ">Sat, Sep 24, 2011
</abbr></cite>

A family member raises a bottle in anger during the wake. (Yahoo! photo)

Drama unfolded on Friday night at the wake of a mother and son whose dead bodies were found floating face down in Bedok Reservoir, as angry family members tried to accost the woman's estranged husband.

Tan Sze Sze, 32, and her three-year-old son, Jerald Chin, were found dead on Thursday morning at Bedok Reservoir by PUB officers, after the mother and son were reported as missing two days ago.

Tan's husband Willy Chin arrived at 8.45pm to pay his respects when a large crowd of angry family members rushed in his direction.

According to The Straits Times, the 33-year-old tried to escape in his van but Tan's mother and younger sister had blocked the vehicle, forced the door open and tried to pull him out, all the while shouting vulgarities at him.

His mother-in-law, Teo Guek Lai, confronted him and shouted in Mandarin: "Come and see what you've done to my daughter!"

Chin's van eventually managed to leave after 10 minutes, but it was only after struggling with family members as they continuously tried to block the vehicle and chase after it.

The drama however, did not end at the wake.

A group of Tan's family members, who included Tan's mother and sister, went to his house to confront him, and they created a scene when they could not get to him.

Police later arrested the sister's husband when he refused to leave.

Teo told reporters that her daughter was upset and scared that her son would be taken from her. In a custody battle with her estranged husband, she was previously fined for not allowing Chin to see Jerald.

"Her son was her life," said Teo, to whom Tan revealed her suicide plans on the day she went missing.

Telling his side of the story, Chin said that when police first told him about his wife and son, he was at a total loss.

The restaurant chef said that all he wanted was to see his son, but attempts to visit him every weekend were in vain. The last time he saw Jerald was in February for half an hour.

"I didn't do anything wrong. From start to finish, I just wanted to see my son. If she had just allowed me to take my son out on weekends, I wouldn't have had to pressure her by going to court," Chin said to ST.

Tan was found cradling her son, with their wrists joined together with red string. They were wearing red T-shirts and their fingernails were painted red, a customary Chinese symbol of revenge after death.

Last edited:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tensions high at wake of Bedok Reservoir deaths
inSing.com Editor
inSing.com - 19 hrs 40 mins ago

pc_600x450.jpg
<cite style="display: block; font-style: normal; font-size: 10px; margin-top: 4px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 4px; margin-left: 0px; ">Ms Tan's uncle breaking a glass bottle in a fit of rage at the funeral yesterday.</cite>
Mourning the death of his late niece and grandnephew Tan Sze Sze, 32, and her son Jerald Chin at their wake, Tan’s uncle vented his anger on a beer bottle, pounded it forcefully on the table, and threatened to break the leg of Tan's husband Willy Chin so as to seek justice for her.

The funeral wake of the mother and son was held at the void deck of Block 8 French Road. Last night, an estimated 20 relatives paid their last respects at the wake, including her eldest aunt, uncles and cousins.

Tan Sze Sze and her three-year old son were found dead on Thursday morning by officers from national water agency PUB. They were reported as missing two days before.

Tan’s uncle revealed, when contacted by the press, that his elder brother (Tan’s father) had died three years ago and had asked him to take care of his daughter after his death. Hence, he said he would not let his niece and grandnephew ‘die in vain’, and vowed to be accountable for their deaths on behalf of his brother.

At the funeral wake last evening, Tan’s uncle was drowning his sorrows by drinking incessantly. He then threatened to sever the leg of the deceased’s husband if he were to appear at the wake.

He added that he would have made Chin kneel in front of his wife’s altar, and give her a good explanation as a closure to both their deaths. If his explanations were justifiable, he would let him go. Otherwise, he would certainly break his leg so that he would be made wheelchair-bound!

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everyone of the family members should look in the mirror and ask themselves what they were doing, and how much concern had they shown the deceased and her child when both the deceased were alive, before they start blaming everyone else.

refulgence

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everyone of the family members should look in the mirror and ask themselves what they were doing, and how much concern had they shown the deceased and her child when both the deceased were alive, before they start blaming everyone else.

An astute observation, bro.

A lot of anger and denial can be seen from the finger-pointing. Acceptance is almost always belated and will be laced with guilt.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree, well said.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually if you were to ask me, i would stand on the husband side on this. Come on all he wanted was to see his son every weekend. why that lady stop them from seeing each other is beyond me

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
actually if you were to ask me, i would stand on the husband side on this. Come on all he wanted was to see his son every weekend. why that lady stop them from seeing each other is beyond me

From what was disclosed, I tend to agree with your assessment. But we need to be cautious coz there could be some other significant facts missing. Saddest part is the loss of an innocent life.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Break bottle and want to break leg. Is he related to Ramseth? :biggrin:

pc_600x450.jpg
Many years back, a very good friend's mum surrendered IC. We went to the wake. Initially, sat in one corner table, eating the melon seeds and peanuts. My friend's elder brother who is in mourning, , brought a crate of Carslberg to our table, He told us, his mum if still alive, will not be happy of we are pretentious at the wake. Ended up, more atmosphere and not so solemn. Started up a Dai Ti table and more Carlsberg crates. Result is my friend's family not so sad. Wake not solemn. Everyone takes it as death is part of life. Not sure what the religious fanatics will say but my good friend appreciated that.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Break bottle and want to break leg. Is he related to Ramseth? :biggrin:

Certainly not related to me. If I was in situation like that and she was my niece, I won't even bother to threaten or warn. Just do it. I don't even need a beer bottle to break his leg.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many years back, a very good friend's mum surrendered IC. We went to the wake. Initially, sat in one corner table, eating the melon seeds and peanuts. My friend's elder brother who is in mourning, , brought a crate of Carslberg to our table, He told us, his mum if still alive, will not be happy of we are pretentious at the wake. Ended up, more atmosphere and not so solemn. Started up a Dai Ti table and more Carlsberg crates. Result is my friend's family not so sad. Wake not solemn. Everyone takes it as death is part of life. Not sure what the religious fanatics will say but my good friend appreciated that.

Drinking at night wakes quite common when the deceased is elderly. Some call it a celebration. If suicide or died young, usually very uncomfortable at wake.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Drinking at night wakes quite common when the deceased is elderly. Some call it a celebration. If suicide or died young, usually very uncomfortable at wake.

One of the biggest beer party I've had was at my 32 buddy's funeral. Nothing to do with fighting, just industrial accident. Incidentally, he was just aged 32 then. His favorite was Carlsberg. We emptied the whole 7-11 of Carlsberg, open one can at his altar and then drank like there's no hell till sunrise for four nights. It was one of last times that most of the 32 elders and legends gathered together, some from friendly 24 too, and some from SSB for observation of course.

Last edited:

Cranial Blowout

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a very sad story, but the bottom line is that she murdered her son. Can't blame the family for that.

“If you are going through hell, keep going.” Winston Churchill

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One of the biggest beer party I've had was at my 32 buddy's funeral. Nothing to do with fighting, just industrial accident. Incidentally, he was just aged 32 then. His favorite was Carlsberg. We emptied the whole 7-11 of Carlsberg, open one can at his altar and then drank like there's no hell till sunrise for four nights. It was one of last times that most of the 32 elders and legends gathered together, some from friendly 24 too, and some from SSB for observation of course.

Industrial accident? Shipyard explosion? If same case, wife and son runs a handphone shop in Lor 10 Geylang.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Industrial accident? Shipyard explosion? If same case, wife and son runs a handphone shop in Lor 10 Geylang.

Good guess but not that one. His widow and two sons are more than well taken care of. His father-in-law is in the category of PE COE except that he's not interested in politics.

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
pic11.jpg

pic12.jpg

Madam Tan's mother, Madam Teo Guek Lai, 53, confronted her son-in-law and tried to drag him out of the car by his legs, shouting in Mandarin: "Come and see what you've done to my daughter."

pic13.jpg

Seeing so many people coming towards them, the driver sped off with Mr Chin still in the van and the front passenger door still open.

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
pic14.jpg

They ended up at a dead-end road and had to make a three-point turn.

By that time, Madam Teo and others were blocking their way out. The van drove towards them, forcing them to disperse to let it through before running after the vehicle, shouting.

pic15.jpg

Madam Tan's paternal uncle then phoned Mr Chin and told him to return, promising that they would not hurt him as all they wanted was for him to pay his respects

pic16.jpg

The uncle was so angry over the incident that he slammed his fist twice on a table at the wake and later smashed two empty beer bottles.

pic17.jpg

When Mr Chin failed to return by 10.30pm, the family decided to go to his flat at Jalan Bukit Merah.