• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The new reputation system is up and running

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
HOWEVER.... drum roll.....................

There is NO ZAPPING IN THIS FORUM.

Members can ADD TO the reputation score of the members that they are impressed with but CANNOT SUBTRACT reputation points.

In other words, it's all about POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT but with no punishment whatsoever!

Here is how it works :

Register Date Factor:
Every 30 days, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

Post Count Factor :
For every 100 posts, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

Reputation Point Factor :
For every 100 points of reputation, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

Minimum Post Count :
User must have 50 posts before his reputation hits count on others.

Minimum Reputation Count :
User must have a reputation of at least 10. (Everyone has this as they get 10 points on sign up) before his/her reputation hits count on others.

Daily Reputation Clicks Limit :
Users can give a maximum of 10 reputation clicks over each 24 hour period.

Reputation User Spread :
You must award reputation clicks to 50 other members before you can give reputation to the same member again.

Have fun with the system and don't take it seriously.
It's just there to add an extra dimension to the experience of participating in this forum. Everyone's a winner the way I have configured the system. Nobody loses points and there is no descending into moderation for losing too many points. Everybody stands to gain. It's just a matter of how much.

Don't abuse the system though. Use it in the spirit of rewarding those who have contributed positively to the fun and contributed to the collective knowledge of this little corner of cyberspace.

PS: If you give someone reputation points, you can inform them who you are by leaving your nick in the "remarks" column. If you prefer to remain anonymous, that's fine too. The choice is yours.

For those who are not familiar with the reputation system, let me emphasise that it is extremely easy to use. Just click on the
reputation.gif
icon which appears on the top of each message, select the "approve" radio button (should already be selected by default) and add whatever remarks you want. Presto! Done. Refresh the page and you will see the effect of your actions.

If you want to view the remarks left by others, go to your User CP at the top left hand corner of the menu bar which runs across the page below the forum logo.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
HOWEVER.... drum roll.....................

Members can ADD TO the reputation score of the members that they are impressed with but CANNOT SUBTRACT reputation points.

In other words, it's all about POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT but with no punishment whatsoever!

Here is how it works :

Register Date Factor:
Every 30 days, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

Post Count Factor :
For every 100 posts, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

Reputation Point Factor :
For every 100 points of reputation, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

Minimum Post Count :
User must have 50 posts before his reputation hits count on others.

Minimum Reputation Count :
User must have a reputation of at least 10. (Everyone has this as they get 10 points on sign up) before his/her reputation hits count on others.

Daily Reputation Clicks Limit :
Users can give a maximum of 10 reputation clicks over each 24 hour period.

Reputation User Spread :
You must award reputation clicks to 50 other members before you can give reputation to the same member again.

Have fun with the system and don't take it seriously.
It's just there to add an extra dimension to the experience of participating in this forum. Everyone's a winner the way I have configured the system. Nobody loses points and there is no descending into moderation for losing too many points. Everybody stands to gain. It's just a matter of how much.

Don't abuse the system though. Use it in the spirit of rewarding those who have contributed positively to the fun and contributed to the collective knowledge of this little corner of cyberspace.

PS: If you give someone reputation points, you can inform them who you are by leaving your nick in the "remarks" column. If you prefer to remain anonymous, that's fine too. The choice is yours.

For those who are not familiar with the reputation system, let me emphasise that it is extremely easy to use. Just click on the
reputation.gif
icon which appears on the top of each message, select the "approve" radio button (should already be selected by default) and add whatever remarks you want. Presto! Done. Refresh the page and you will see the effect of your actions.

If you want to view the remarks left by others, go to your User CP at the top left hand corner of the menu bar which runs across the page below the forum logo.

there is no sportmanship spirit here. we only have vengeful evil petty spriits. it's the 7th month of the hungry ghosts. they are ever getting more vicious.

time for you to call in the saikong!!:biggrin:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
they shall come as soon as they read my posting....the stalking spirits who are infested by hatred, vengeance and pettiness from the past. standby the talismans :smile:

SammyHulk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Leongsam said:

I'm all for this one.:wink:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I'm all for this one.:wink:

You'd better hold your horses. I foresee a shitload of complaints from members who'll start complaining they have not been rewarded sufficiently despite their efforts.

That'll soon be followed by complaints that so and so contributed fuck all and does not deserve his points in the first place. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

SammyHulk

Alfrescian
Loyal
You'd better hold your horses. I foresee a shitload of complaints from members who'll start complaining they have not been rewarded sufficiently despite their efforts.

That'll soon be followed by complaints that so and so contributed fuck all and does not deserve his points in the first place. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Ha, that's beyond my league. Anyway complaints are here to stay and forumers are free to express freedom of speech. Either join them or ignore them all together, imo.:biggrin:

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dun take it serious?

there will be some here who would see this place as if their only outlet for ego and macho display since they aint much in the real world.

this system seem complicated but heck, its a game afterall.

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
The points system again?

Here we go... more clones, more slanders and definitely more rubbish :biggrin:

This is going to be so interesting... :eek:

ANDYSIAO14

Alfrescian
Loyal
indeed...it will be more intresting... :eek: :smile: :eek:
with many crooks around in this forum , i wonder what comments will they write after uppED the person :p :wink: :p

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Uniquely Singapore:biggrin: