• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

$250k bottle of single malt whiskey at DFS bought by PRC businessman to ta aahhh!!

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LAI AHHH!! BOH TAH BOH LAM PAH!!!

Chinese buyer books $200,000 whisky in Singapore

On Monday 19 September 2011, 13:33 SGT

A Chinese businessman has put down a deposit for a rare bottle of whisky costing nearly $200,000 at a duty-free shop in Singapore's Changi airport, an airport spokesman said Monday.

With a price tag of Sg$250,000 (US$199,400) the 62-year-old bottle of Dalmore single malt is reportedly one of the most expensive ever sold.

The buyer spotted the bottle on display and quickly made a deposit of Sg$100,000 by bank transfer, Changi Airport Group spokesman Ivan Tan told AFP.

"It's one of only 12 bottles in the world," Tan said.

He described the buyer as a "frequent visitor to Singapore", but declined to give more details.

The bottle was part of a special promotion called "Master of Spirits" aimed at connoisseurs, and it remained on display in a glass case at the shop Monday pending full payment by the buyer.

According to the Edinburgh-based Scotch Whisky Association, Singapore unseated Spain to become the third-largest importer of whisky worldwide after the United States and France in the first half of 2011.

Much of Singapore's scotch imports eventually go to other Asian markets, thanks to its strong trade and tourism links with the rest of the region.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: $250k bottle of single malt whiskey at DFS bought by PRC businessman to ta aahhh!

PRC will drink with green tea as mixer!!

480x400_dalmore-eos-59-year-old-single-malt.jpg

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: $250k bottle of single malt whiskey at DFS bought by PRC businessman to ta aahhh!

not surprise! prc biz men are very cash rich and i am quite sure even if it cost them half a mil, they also will buy.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

hi there

1. sheepishland is one excellent spot washing dirt monies mah!
2. all welcome, no question ask.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The People's Republic Of China government officials, must check this businessman, & where he is transfering the money from, CAYMAN ISLANDS?

Last edited:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

what,...PRC has graduated from drinking JW to single malt...? Well done...

perhaps its time to stop mixing coke in red wine for them..LOL

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

on subj of whiskey..i heard old man likes Chivas...dunno true or not.

jw5

Loyal

Don't drop the bottle hor!

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

hahaha... the first time I was in china, was astonished to see them "tah" red wine with sprite. If the wine makers see them drink like that, sure vomit blood.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

PRCs still have not fully embrace red wine...hence they tah red wine with sprite / coke...they are still drinking bai jiu, cognac & whisky..

the younger gen will start to drink wine & spirits.

xenomorph

Alfrescian
Loyal

but the americans will be very happy to see sprite elevated to gourmet level.

next time i will have maotai no 1 cola on the rock.

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal

PRCs always wanted to be perceived as sophisticated socially with all their antics. When face with reality after 50 years of communism , they are still the laughing stock of the world despite being cash rich. Money can buy material items to show off; however money can never be able to fit any of these commies with a level of class on par with the world.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

this is good enough for me, got sour plum taste::o:p

Southern20comfort20700ml.jpg

Last edited:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

but the americans will be very happy to see sprite elevated to gourmet level.

next time i will have maotai no 1 cola on the rock.

tak match dey...

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

my fav...Macallan

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

are you sure? sure or not? not sure dun kay kiang.:biggrin: i been drinking this since my early twenties...didn't know women like it also, now i know waht to do...:wink::biggrin:

That...is a woman's drink

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

are you sure? sure or not? not sure dun kay kiang.:biggrin: i been drinking this since my early twenties...didn't know women like it also, now i know waht to do...:wink::biggrin:

I last stopped drinking this when i was in my teens, its usually mixed with 7-up.

Oh FYI, if you mixed it with orange its known as a comfortable screw (portmanteu of Sourth COMFORT + SCREW driver)