• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Evasive Lee Kuan Yew answered a question by asking another question

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Former PM Lee to PhD student: Do you have a boyfriend?

htlee-crop.png

PHOTOS: Zaobao

SHE thought she had asked a straightforward question on fostering social cohesiveness to former Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew last night.

Miss Joan Sim, 27, (above, right) a PhD student at Nanyang Technological University's School of Biological Sciences, expected an equally direct reply.

Instead, the elder statesman spoke about the ageing population and the declining fertility rate here, before firing a string of rather personal questions to Miss Sim, who said she did not have a boyfriend, and would finish her PhD in two years.

Then, Mr Lee drew attention to the biological clock and a woman's child-bearing years, to loud laughter from the 1,700-strong audience.

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The NTU student told the New Paper that she asked a direct question and expected a straight forward answer but did not expect LKY to turn the tables and fire a string of personal questions at her instead.

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
Old Fart is just irrelevant to our society. Dont be surprised if becomes the oldest person on earth one day.

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't make him the oldest person please

???

And you? the oldest dog here? Going off duty soon?

What's Going On?
Currently Active Users
There are currently 1008 users online. 22 members and 986 guests

Most users ever online was 6,617, 26-08-2011 at 12:06 AM.

‎methink,‎Simbian,‎sta1100,‎Avenger,‎nirvarq,‎steffychun,‎chuckyworld,‎GeylangCheongster,‎THE_CHANSTER,‎bluewolf,‎ruffles,‎abugumgum,‎mattl02138,‎halsey02,‎Buckethead,‎erection2011,‎lee6100,‎mika14,‎psy83,‎kprixxbox360,‎butoh6050,

Today's Birthdays
‎IsseyMiyake,‎cristenblr ‎(25),

Sam's Alfresco Coffee Statistics
Threads:78,171Posts:739,227Members:20,774
Welcome to our newest member, midman1

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe he is implying that having a boyfriend and having more babies would lead to better social cohesiveness? That because of the selfish attitudes of Singaporeans not having enough babies they have to import more FTs leading to less social cohesiveness? She should just ask that back.

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our society is having a hard-time.. Everything is just too fast Pace. No one can stop and have a good time. Just look at those sh|t face taking the train everyday.. Sad and angry people cant get into relationship. Society chases after money cos money no Enough so have to work Overtime just to collect O.T money.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
His point is simple and actually taking a swipe at the PHD student.

If you cannot even get along with a person (boyfriend), what is the point of telling you about social cohesiveness (getting along in a group)?

Dun ask question just for the sake of asking. It is a waste of my time answering you.

Last edited:

Wang Ye

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is his standard format. He will always bully the questioner via virtue of his "experience" and "knowledge".

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can only face off with students who are kids with little experience. This is what father and loony son always do when meeting in an arranged setting.

Will they dare meet with the opposition in an open setting? With the likes of Dr Vincent Wijesingha, John Tan, Dr Chee, M Jufrie, Teo Soh Lung, Tan Jee Say, etc both father and son will be torn to shreds!

No wonder the emperor and clown prince do not want such stong personalities in parleement. It will be the end of the PAP.

mollusk

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Can only face off with students who are kids with little experience. This is what father and loony son always do when meeting in an arranged setting.

Will they dare meet with the opposition in an open setting? With the likes of Dr Vincent Wijesingha, John Tan, Dr Chee, M Jufrie, Teo Soh Lung, Tan Jee Say, etc both father and son will be torn to shreds!

No wonder the emperor and clown prince do not want such stong personalities in parleement. It will be the end of the PAP.

They can only face off with Sesame Street...

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. aiyoh!
2. such phd student should remain focus on her question and ask the broken record again.
3. until he gives a clear indication.
4. either she has some guy or man, does it really matter nowadays?
5. everybody is bonking each other daily.
6. social cohesiveness is beyond having some guy around!

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For sure, this is a PAPzi tactic of bullying anyone bold enough to ask a question they cannot answer without sounding like an idiot. But now that we know this to be the tactic, let us learn to counter it.

I was once at a forum when I almost unknowingly asked a 'difficult' question. The government official then responded as LKY would, by asking me questions which were designed to attack my qualifications. Very intimidated at first, I recovered to repeat my question when he paused. He tried again. I repeated my question once more when he paused. This continued for several times and he got more and more agitated, coming close to shouting. Then I said, 'I suppose you have no answer for my question.' I sat down and to my surprise, the audience clapped.

Maybe we should tell all our friends about this modus operandi.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Then, Mr Lee drew attention to the biological clock and a woman's child-bearing years, to loud laughter from the 1,700-strong audience

Suddenly he become an expert in the issues regarding to the female reproductive system...

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
Suddenly he become an expert in the issues regarding to the female reproductive system...

He has always been lah, or at least he has always thought he is.............

Who do u think gave the rubber for the graduate mothers' scheme, two is enough, have more than two, more foreigners for more reproduction, etc etc?

:o :biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was once at a forum when I almost unknowingly asked a 'difficult' question. The government official then responded as LKY would, by asking me questions which were designed to attack my qualifications. Very intimidated at first, I recovered to repeat my question when he paused. He tried again. I repeated my question once more when he paused. This continued for several times and he got more and more agitated, coming close to shouting. Then I said, 'I suppose you have no answer for my question.' I sat down and to my surprise, the audience clapped.

Maybe we should tell all our friends about this modus operandi.

That's what the PAP is afraid of, "real" questions in parliament:smile:

You don't need brilliant opposition just persistent one:rolleyes: